CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 95 maxima se vs 90 celica gt

his car is auto, up to date on all maintenance and runs good. he puts 93 in it bc that's what it says it takes.

his car has 102k.

my celica has a pace shitter header 2.25 exhaust high flow cat out to stock muffler (quiet) and that's it. it's manual.

i picked up my celica from my dad's house after it had just been sitting there. my dad was going to use it as his dd when i had my truck but he didnt like lil car haha. (it has 151k)

well i sold my truck and bought the celica back for what my dad put into it in parts, axles, cv joints, bearings starter muffler etc ~600 (toyota parts)

well my friend and i race from a light i launched at 2500 pulled ahead and was a car ahead of him the whole time till 80ish lol he was pissed~!
    Last edited by undecided; 01-31-2007 at 01:56 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What kind of tires do you have?

I typically launch mine at between 3300-3700, depending on conditions.

The launch through 2nd gear is really all these cars have in them.

lol, im rockin 00 gt-s rims with 205 rubber on em. i didnt want to launch too high she lost grip at that on the left side and i kinda need this car to last me

yeah after 2nd gear it's gone on these cars. i used to have a cai. it pepped it up a lil. but i leave the faster stuff to my 03 600rr (yeah it's only a 600 but i got it for twisties more than draggin) it'll take a 500hp car to beat it tho

i used to be part of celica.net b4 it went down and i used to be pretty active here but then i got the 'ol truck. finally sold it . good gas mileage again yay! :Ban1:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Sure....but with a 3SGTE anything is possible.

Even hott sex with two kinky asian international students.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

so how many minutes did it take the speedo to reach 80mph?
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

odd i beat a 92 gts last night that was a 5speed in the max, its got a short ram, gutted cats, and 4 blown shocks

wait oh i see that was a 95, yeah there a bit heavier than mine
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

um, sweet kill BRO!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 91stxman
    odd i beat a 92 gts last night that was a 5speed in the max, its got a short ram, gutted cats, and 4 blown shocks

wait oh i see that was a 95, yeah there a bit heavier than mine
    Also a bit more powerful, 95-99 came with the VQ engine.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

i didnt expect to get 'props' for this. I just posted bc i thought it was funny. my 600 dollar celica pwning a 5000 dollar car. he was so mad it just made me lol.

i thought it would give you guys a laugh too.

how many minutes to get to 80 really funny, if i wanted to have something fast i would buy a crotch rocket, oh wait i own one

Burny, this may make you cry, but MR2s aren't God's gift to power either. I love them, but I also love Celicas, and neither of them are as fast as what I have now, but I don't have to comment about celicas being distant cousins to land turtles in every single frackin thread either. Give it a rest man! It just isn't cool.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon
    Burny, this may make you cry, but MR2s aren't God's gift to power either. I love them, but I also love Celicas, and neither of them are as fast as what I have now, but I don't have to comment about celicas being distant cousins to land turtles in every single frackin thread either. Give it a rest man! It just isn't cool.
    what celicas arent fast..... I personally love celicas.. there great to daily drive.. not to race fwd is retarded. But all these so called " kill stories " from these 16 seconds cars is like :lolhittin just gets dumb. Its like watching a celica race a neon.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Point is, you get on a supra forum and they'll say the exact same shit about a 13-14 second MR2. It all rolls downhill. There's a reason I don't frequent supra forums, it sucks seeing that attitude here on a Celica forum. Joo dig?

so I forgot to tell you I have a 6gc thats a ST 5spd I raced a News paper boy on his biek and I put liek 10 cars on him after I chirped into 3rd he almost pulled on me!
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

If I was driving the bike, I could beat you. No contest.

*Edit: Forgot I can't race on sunday.. papers weigh me down too much.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

my platform is nto always the greatest... hers the thing I have owned the 3sgte on every single platform.. this one works out the best... not downing celicas.. Im just saying this is really dumb to come on here talking about racing every econonmy box 17 sec car on the street its not true racing.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by vip09

14.7 on a stock bike without slicks damn man you must know how to shift that huffy!
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by burnyd
    my platform is nto always the greatest... hers the thing I know I'm better than anyone with a slower car than mine and most that have faster cars because I probably drive better too. Talking about your car if it isn't fast is pathetic so you should just worship mine

Fixed.

my platform is nto always the greatest... hers the thing I know I'm better than anyone with a slower car than mine and most that have faster cars because I probably drive better too. Talking about your car if it isn't fast is pathetic so you should just worship mine

Fixed.
    correct.

but...

if you race your NA 5sfe/4a/7a motor on the street that barely breaks into the 17s and wouldnt trap @ tripple digits to save its life then its my mr2 is not bette than anyones car and I rarely use my car in comparison when talking on these super fast drag racing threads..... if there was a drag thread about swap vs sr 240 or swap vs fbucket..
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Honestly though, which are safer to be racing in those conditions? A very fast RWD car, or a slow FWD car that handles well and predictably? I have yet to really make an all-out run with my supra because it's too damn scary on a street, I'm going to have to wait until I can get it on a track. The 5sfe was built to thrive on city streets, not on a racetrack.

Which is all beside the point really, try making constructive comments instead of just trying to hack people down all the time. Sheesh.
    Last edited by T-spoon; 01-31-2007 at 06:57 AM.

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Honestly though, which are safer to be racing in those conditions? A very fast RWD car, or a slow FWD car that handles well and predictably? I have yet to really make an all-out run with my supra because it's too damn scary on a street, I'm going to have to wait until I can get it on a track. The 5sfe was built to thrive on city streets, not on a racetrack.

Which is all beside the point really, try making constructive comments instead of just trying to hack people down all the time. Sheesh.

Geo Metro: Best street racer ever?
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

not to troll, but ur saying u can ride my bike better than me? stop being silly

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I got straight cut gears on my 10 speed schwin that would own all of you guys. And those 14 second mr2s!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

^ its a 13 second mr2 and it is stock..... with a boost controller and 3" but it is stock !
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

so how many minutes did it take the speedo to reach 80mph?
    This is the exact mentality that us 2wd folks hate when we try to learn at alltrac.net. Just because we can't take our shit out in the snow/ice/rain and romp at WOT doesn't make our cars any less "true". You run what you brung and not everybody is fortunate enough to own a turbocharged car. This is celicatech for every generation, not turbotuner or horsepowerfreaks. If you take every turbo celica owner out of every generation on these forums you would maybe come out with 5% of the total forum population. You might as well protest to have the admins get rid of the NA Tuning forum. Point is: if you want to antagonize people, go do it where you're comparing apples to apples. Go do it on mr2oc or alltrac.net where most folks have turbocharged cars. These people posting about their experiences at ctech are comparing at the same level, NA car to NA car, no matter how fast or slow. They're having fun, learning, and tuning, and hopefully they will be able to use this knowledge to apply it to a more powerful car in the future. Everybody starts somewhere. You saying "you all race slow cars" or "this isn't real racing" only works when you compare your 3sgte to anything NA. That's not a fair comparison nor is it fair to people that are working with what they have.

Thread Information