CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rev limiter

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default rev limiter

How can I remove the rev limiter on my 4afe....this is a large road block preventing me from NEEDING to swap motors

drive it up to 70mph, jam it into 1st gear, release clutch. No rev-limiter can overcome that.

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

one problem...auto tranny

ok, then "port n polish" your engine by putting a bag of sand in the intake, then take it for a spin.

Images

lmao but no really anybody know how to remove it

No real way to remove it as it's in the ECU. There are many ways to blow an engine up if you want more advice on how to do it let us know I'm sure we all have creative ways to do it. lol

...and i would like to help
    It's all about working hard for what you really want. For that dream you've had for years, and then smoke people with it.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

me to. rev limiters are for safety and if you want a piston flying at you then you've come to the right place as many ppl in here have blow there engines already.

THere is no power to be made by upping the rev limit, unless you are looking for a funny way to blow the engine (eventually), but do you really want an engine blowing up while you are driving the piss out of the car? lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Luni
    What I want to know is how is a boosted anything lost to a 5SFE.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Unless he's trying to increase top speed?

As for demolishing the engine............................................ ..............fire extinguisher through the throttle.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

You sure you want to leave yourself stranded till you can swap the motor? Seems like an ass backwards way to do things since you might leave yourself without a ride...

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

See how your engine code has "FE" on the end of it.. that means "please don't rev me high!!" Seriously though, that engine was not designed to rev very high. Doing an engine swap would be a good thing.

*edit: so you are trying to blow it up for real??
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

to blow it up, drain the oil, and replace it with water. remove the oil cap, set up video camera, and ping the rev limiter until it lets go.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kSnakEater
    drive it up to 70mph, jam it into 1st gear, release clutch. No rev-limiter can overcome that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CollapsedNut
    one problem...auto tranny
    lmfao dont you have 1st and 2nd gears in a auto tranny id like to help dont foreget to take of vid you atempting to blow it up.

Images

Im probably not swapping motors now so you wont get to see the fun of 4afe explode. Refer to my auto to 5 speed swap thread to see what my plans are for the celi.

Thread Information