CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default ATS racing retuned ecu??? advise needed.

anybody using ATS's retuned ecu?
    are they worth spending $750?
    They tuned them depending on the vehicles mods... Dont know how well tuned can these be without having the actual car it would be used on. Advise please

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

well.. what do you have done to your car?

front mount ic, gen 3 injectors and cams, adjustable cam gears, turbo back 3" exhaust, ct26 upgrated to 57 trim, water injection, 1.8 mm steel headgasket, arp head bolts, apexi sbc boost controler, aem uego wideband, tubolar manifold, 99 solara v6 trans, chrome molly flywheel, bully clutch, greaddy bbc, walbro fuel pump, oil catch tank, msd ss blaster coil, nology wires, iridium plugs, apexi intake, etc, etc...

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

I think the best question is - are you on a USDM or JDM ECU? If you have an imported swap on a JDM ECU, I personally don't think its worth the money.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance4c
    I think the best question is - are you on a USDM or JDM ECU? If you have an imported swap on a JDM ECU, I personally don't think its worth the money.

Good luck.

agreed. any gains you would see from their ecu are similar to what you would get from buying a used JDM ecu.

how are you controlling your 550cc injectors now? your probably loosing power from having them spray too much fuel on a 2nd gen motor/ecu (if thats what you have) with only a ct26 on there. ats can retune for bigger injectors, but like you said, unless you can bring your car to them, they would just be taking a guess on how to program yours.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by sbettencourt
    gen 3 injectors and cams
    IMO, this makes it worth getting reprogrammed...
    Worth $750? Dunno.
    It will also take car of your fuel cut and any safeguards Toyota put in due to the TMIC....

They should have a good idea what to add for 550s on a 2nd gen engine with a FMIC.
    Not as good as getting dyno tuned, but pretty basic stuff. They can get close.
    Superior to a piggy back, IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i'm using the jdm ecu, and like lagos said i know i'm running extremelly rich...
    i do have a smt6 piggyback witch i haven't yet installed... ATS specializes on mr2 and gt-4 celicas, that's why i'm considering this ecu iven before i try the smt6. don't u guys think that they can build a better fuel map than the jdm ecu?
    wouldn't it be superior than a biggyback?
    Is there anyone actually using an ATS ecu?

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar

front mount ic, gen 3 injectors and cams, adjustable cam gears, turbo back 3" exhaust, ct26 upgrated to 57 trim, water injection, 1.8 mm steel headgasket, arp head bolts, apexi sbc boost controler, aem uego wideband, tubolar manifold, 99 solara v6 trans, chrome molly flywheel, bully clutch, greaddy bbc, walbro fuel pump, oil catch tank, msd ss blaster coil, nology wires, iridium plugs, apexi intake, etc, etc...
    eh theres nothing honestly theyll be able to do for you being that you are getting someone elses basemap... and I highly doubt someone would have anything identical to what your setup is...... I really dont see antyhing you would really need to tune thats that crazy... your better off spending the money on afc or emenage to make sure you afr/fuel curve and timing is good.

i'm using the jdm ecu, and like lagos said i know i'm running extremelly rich...
    i do have a smt6 piggyback witch i haven't yet installed... ATS specializes on mr2 and gt-4 celicas, that's why i'm considering this ecu iven before i try the smt6. don't u guys think that they can build a better fuel map than the jdm ecu?
    wouldn't it be superior than a biggyback?
    Is there anyone actually using an ATS ecu?

if i were you .... i would install the 440s back into the car. there is no reason you should be using 550cc injectors with the turbo you have. you have more then enough fuel for the turbo thats on your car.

then install your smt6 and use it to fine tune some things in certain spots, on a dyno with a wideband.

as it stands right now, you are loosing a lot of power by having 550cc in there.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    if i were you .... i would install the 440s back into the car. there is no reason you should be using 550cc injectors with the turbo you have. you have more then enough fuel for the turbo thats on your car.

then install your smt6 and use it to fine tune some things in certain spots, on a dyno with a wideband.

as it stands right now, you are loosing a lot of power by having 550cc in there.
    on a turbo that could work with 300whp... I dont think its over kill at enough boost.. on a usdm ecu he wouldnt run rich it would prolly lean out to the point at which its a pretty decent afr range. 440s would run lean. But there still is atune missing... just get a afc or emanage.

for a piggyback than i could use my smt6, it's sitting right here on my desk with all the software and cable for laptop...
    i've seen it work really well with mk3 supras and sti's...

im using one on mmy 4afte.
    duno how well itll run with the afm tho

apexi s-afc looks really easy to use, anyone using it?

not worth the money IMO. drop he extra 100-200 and get an smt-6 or emanage

Thread Information