CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default hey guys- insurance issues

hey guys, new to this site so thought i'd say hello .I dont know the score with insurance in the US, but in britain its a nightmare, which is why i need to keep everything stockish, iv got a 3"dp HKS filter and a MBC but want more, because i gotta keep things stock lookin i cant stick on a big turbo and FMIC, but should get away with ST205 parts, ct20 and the W2A IC. im planning on gettin forged pistons, 550's, a supra fuel pump, 3"exhaust and manifold and a piggyback(not sure which, maybe emanage??) with these insurance should be ok. with a fmic and a td06 i should get around 300awhp.
    watcha recon about the w2a? and any advise on the turbo? ct27? some people seen to think the ct turbos can handle1000000bhp and sum think they couldnt power a moped.
    thanx in advanced 2 any advise and merry xmas!!

gary

(insurance dont mind 2 much about full exhaust,'ecu chip'and filter)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 jdm st185-on its way

TD06 would be a pretty decent choice for turbo. If you can swing the cash, a GT28RS or GT3072 would be a pretty nice choice as well.

CT-series.... you'll need a CT27 to make 300awhp, and that would probably be stressing it pretty bad.

W2a should be good enough for the power levels that you're looking for.

IMO, ideal setup for you right now would be the 205 water to air, and a nice td06 with supporting mods. Should work nicely.

yea wouldnt mind the td06!! if something happened and the insurance company saw a td06 under the hood they would cancel my policy and i'd be stuffed!!! so im thinkin alaong the lines of just goin as far as a ct27 would take me for now, and upgrade that in a year or so, could always get some 264 cams to bump it up a bit when i get bored!! I should be ok with the stock con rods for now aswell? heard some good and some bad about greddy emanage??
    cheers

gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 jdm st185-on its way

Either a CT27 or a CT20b. 264 intake cams, stock exhaust, cam gears with exhaust cam retarded a bit.

Your stock bottom end is fine as long as your tune is good. If you halfass it, you will have bad results. Rods arent bad though. Youre most likely to break a ringland or spin a bearing than have problems with the rods.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Man, your insurance companies are well informed, over here, an insurance agent would be doing well to even recognize the existance of a turbo.

yea, its a bitch over here, you have to tell em about everything cos if they ever have to see the car(for a claim) they will do anything to get out of paying!! this incudes stupid stuff like tinted windows for some reason!?!? anywoo after a lot of searching found a company who would insure me with a td06, fmic etc, told em 300awhp and its only gonna cost a lil more than stock!! woo!, oh yea its still gonna be 1300, which i think is well over $2000!!!! now gotta find somewhere in the uk to get a td06, shipping from ATS or somewhere gonna be costly!! cheers guys

93 jdm st185-on its way

Thread Information