CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Autocross (SCCA Solo II): Useful car classification charts

Someone in the Milwaukee Region SCCA created a chart to help people figure out which class they belong in. It's an easy way to find out what classes you can compete in.

Car and modifcation classification

There is also this car classification chart by David L. Burkhead that is longer and goes more in-depth with allowable modifications in each class. I find this one to be better and more descriptive.

Comparison of permitted modifications in SCCA classes

These charts will save you time from reading the rule book, and they cover most all modifications. If there are still any questions regarding the rules, don't be afraid to ask. The rules can be vague at times and it can be difficult interpreting them.

I'm thinking of competing in STS (My 16" wheels put me into that category).

Would installing disc brakes on my '90 GT classify as an 'option package swap', or were they only optional for the '92 & '93 models? If I did install disc brakes, would I have to install ones from a '90 GT-S/Alltrac, or could I install one from any year, as long as they had the same size & pad type as a GT-S or Alltrac?
    Morwan Osman
    Navy Gloss '90 Celica
    Self-hating Toyota fanatic and bench racer.

You can swap on drums as long as they were an OE option on the car. If you could have purchased your 90GT with disks then you can swap on disks from that generation. All track brakes would not be valid as they are an upgrade to an option that was not avaliable on your trim. However, if you did a FULL alltrak conversion, you would stay in the stock class for the alltrak (DS I think), and that would be infinatly cooler.

If you're gonna be in STS, you can do any brake upgrade you want. You're already out of stock class.

If you're trying to get back into stock class, then you're gonna need to stay with options that were available for your trim. I'm pretty sure if they weren't available in 90/91 but were in 92/93, you're still allowed to use them because it's the same generation. You just can't swap from other trims or other generations.

I have a '91 MR2 that came with 14" stock rims, but I use '93 MR2 15" stock rims in stock class.

Failed Alltrac user InitialD93 is on a distinguished road InitialD93's Avatar
    InitialD93 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! InitialD93 helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! InitialD93 helped get Play's clutch job done.

im so deep into SM its not even funny... sad thing is the car isnt even all that fast
    Dustin, Toyota Tech
    1990 All Trac w/ RC bumper, converted to 93 spec
    2010 Toyota Corolla S
    1979 Malibu (more go fast, less suck)
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Me too...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Junior Member CUcelica is on a distinguished road

Would a swapped 3sgte 90gt put me in SM?
    1990 Gray GT
    1990 White All-Trac

Yes, same problem I have with the 7mge into katherine.
    She lives!!!

And now thrives. Took 3 years and an embarrassing amount of money, but tooooooooootally worth it

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

And I've got a 3rd Gen 3SGE...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Looks like I'll be keeping the 4afe and not boosting it
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Thread Information