CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Lets get this party started

John and I are doing a 3sgte swap to the 2400 pound gts. It ran pretty quick with 112 hp to the wheels. We are shooting for 260 at the crank, but I fear that it might be to much for the cones. We are going to go to slicks and see how much it will take without spinning like crazy.

Otherwise, we are in snow country, so not alot of racing for us till spring
    Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

get some spike tires and go ice racing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Mr E
    "Buy Mr E's amazing clutches. More clutchy than a kangeroo on acid".....

Winter time. The best time to prepare for the upcoming race season.

Distinguished Member johnL is on a distinguished road

Henry, I am glad to see you on this board.

2400lbs is what its at right now. I would like to see that number down to somewhere close to 2000. I am sure the car will open a lot of peoples eyes on the track. We will be just fine. Bring on the Rex!!!

John L.

Henry mang!!!

Good to see you on here y0!!
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Quote Originally Posted by johnL
    Henry, I am glad to see you on this board.

2400lbs is what its at right now. I would like to see that number down to somewhere close to 2000. I am sure the car will open a lot of peoples eyes on the track. We will be just fine. Bring on the Rex!!!

John L.
    "Rex?"

Rex = WRX?
    Rex = CRX?
    Rex = RX-7, RX-8?

Don't wanna assume; just wanna clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry
    "Rex?"

Rex = WRX?
    Rex = CRX?
    Rex = RX-7, RX-8?

Don't wanna assume; just wanna clarify.
    WRX, which I dont race anyway. Its still my daily driver. I have a bumper to bumper no deductable warenty I would like to keep.

But I have said all along, the wrx was not built for the cones, it is a rally platform. I do drive it offroad so i don't want to lower it either.
    Jeff

can't wait to see the swap progress.
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

topless is more fun! roman is on a distinguished road roman's Avatar

Turbos are tricky at autox anyway. But yeah, they hold ice autocrosses in Wisconsin all the time. Maybe you can slap on some winter (or studded if you have money) tires and try one out. The events are usually posted on http://www.w-a-g.org

Heh, yeah, there was an STi showing off at an autocross I attended (didn't participate, the alltrac was spewing power steering at the time, didn't think that would be friendly), they ended up getting the thing all turned around a couple times. I was impressed with how consistant the miatas were. There were a couple faster things (crazy loud porsche and a BMW) but the Miatas always turned in solid times. The fox body mustangs got an A for effort I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon
    The fox body mustangs got an A for effort I guess..
    LMAO! The 5.0s don't do too bad though.

topless is more fun! roman is on a distinguished road roman's Avatar

Yeah we have a guy with a supercharged 5.0 come out to a lot of our Miata club autocrosses and he's getting progressively better! When he first started racing with us he was on street tires and constantly out of control, but then he learned to modulate the throttle and purchased some racing tires. He's doing much better now! We also have a guy with a newer Buillit mustang with a supercharger on it who also is slowly learning to keep all that power under control on a course.

By the way, T-Spoon, the Miata owners in Houston are really big autocross nuts! Their local Miata club isn't organized enough to host events, so they get together at the local SCCA races. They're always very active in the autocross forums on the various Miata forums. They seem to really enjoy the sport and they're always competing against each other. It's fun to read their discussions after every Houston SCCA event.

Thread Information