CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UPS screwed me

Default UPS screwed me

ordered a set of 4 brand new tires from an online shop in BC Canada.
    the 2 packages were suppose to arrive on the 24th. i checked the tracking status and it said it was delivered on 2:11pm on Friday the 24th and that it was left at the rear door. this doesnt make sense because there was not package at the back. there wasnt even foot prints left in the deep snow leading to the back of my house which doesnt even have a door. its just a open yard. it also doesnt make sense that some ups guy is going to carry 2 38lbs packages and trek in 2feet of snow to make it to my backward. let me say this once more: there were not foot prints in the snow leading to the back!!!
    (yes i am going to go CSI on this ***** lol)

i called ups and they said they will send over the driver for a follow up
    i live in a quite neighborhood and dont expect anyone to have grabbed it while i was gone.

if the package is lost what options do i have? theres no way in hell im going to order another set of tires unless ups pays for them

wow man that sucks. I'm always surprised at how trusting UPS seems to be about leaving things. I had about $2000 worth of suspension related stuff shipped over in one week and each time they left it sitting on the porch out in the open (blocking the door, of course).

I would think that the company you ordered from would have purchased insurance on the package, even so this sounds like a pain. Let us know how it turns out I've always wondered how they deal with these issues.
    1988 Toyota Celica GT Convertible
    -Sony CDX-MP40 Head Unit -3" Boston Acoustics FX3 -6x9" Boston Acoustics FX9
    -TWM short shifter -Jasper Remanufactured 3S-FE -Hella E-Spec H4 Conversion
    -Flowmaster muffler -Electron cloth top -KYB AGX & GR-2 -Eibach Pro-kit springs
    -Centerline Storm 17x7 -Firestone 205/40/17 Wide Oval

I trust ups way more than i do usps, but i guess we all have our horror storys...on a side note...futant you should buy another 1988 celica this time an alltrac (hinting at my alltrac)

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

ups & fedex leave stuff at my door all the time. yet usps always leaves a note in my mailbox that says to pick package up at the post office. the reason being that the mail lady is afraid that walking from the driveway to my door may induce the calorie burning process that leads to healthy weight loss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

You obviously didn't sign for it so they can't prove you received it. contact the shipper and tell them what's going on, they will probably have to claim it lost ad try to get a refund on the insurance.

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

You may also want to stop by the distribution facility and speak to the center manager. UPS drivers are not supposed to leave packages in an unsecure location. So by the front door is a big no no. Behind the house is acceptable though. They also don't have to carry the packages behind the house if they are that heavy, each delivery car has a 2 wheeler in it every day. Keep in mind though, the drivers are timed and it sounds like the driver was trying to save his/her ass some trouble by claiming that the package was delivered. When a package is not delivered they are taken back to the facility and left there to be delivered the next day. I also believe they still make an entry noting the time and date so your tracking number is now useless. What I would do is if it's not there the next day is I'd take a trip down to the facility, speak to a manager and see if they can help you because it's most likely that the packages are in the facility.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

thanks for all the great input
    yes i will definitely take to trip up to the UPS faculty
    they said that the ups driver will come to my house on monday for a "follow-up"
    someone's going to home the whole day so we'll see if he shows up

ups should definitely change their policy of just leaving stuff at the door
    i've know a few ppl whose had this happen to

you can get two tires to fit in a 38lb box. wow

my tires are like 50lbs something a pop

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It's not so much changing the policy. The policy is exactly as I stated above. They are not supposed to leave packages in an unsecure or visible location. What needs to happen is the manager needs to enforce the policy, but that can't happen unless people tell them "This was left in plain sight by my front door". Good luck with that though. The "Follow up" should be the re-delivery.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Quote Originally Posted by 20incher
    I trust ups way more than i do usps, but i guess we all have our horror storys...on a side note...futant you should buy another 1988 celica this time an alltrac (hinting at my alltrac)
    Haha I'd like to but my bank account keeps saying no, otherwise I would have bought a mint 1984 Porsche 911 Carrera I found the other day.

50 pound tires geez! I was confused when mine weigh 20 and my rims weigh less, something just wrong about that.

Does the UPS tracking system not have a good way of documenting a failed delivery attempt? It just seems silly that the tracking number would be useless after that.
    1988 Toyota Celica GT Convertible
    -Sony CDX-MP40 Head Unit -3" Boston Acoustics FX3 -6x9" Boston Acoustics FX9
    -TWM short shifter -Jasper Remanufactured 3S-FE -Hella E-Spec H4 Conversion
    -Flowmaster muffler -Electron cloth top -KYB AGX & GR-2 -Eibach Pro-kit springs
    -Centerline Storm 17x7 -Firestone 205/40/17 Wide Oval

ya i think my tracking number is useless now
    unless they didnt deliver it and just left it in the truck, may it'll get scanned again when it gets back to the station or something

Thread Information