CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Member Keyroo is on a distinguished road

Default simple oil catch can question

hey guys so i finally bit hte bullet and got a nice little oil catch can off ebay, now something i didn't concider is that the inlet outlets on it are quite small, is this an issue?
    i am just worried about restricting flow on the blow back pipe,,

what are your thoughts??

Matty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

I'd check the insides and make sure it's an actual catch can, and not just letting vapor blow through first.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

ummm yeah it's a catch can,,,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

pic me pleaseeeeee, so we can see just how small those inlets are.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

ah i'ts impossible to see in a pic man but it's approx half hte size of the breather pipe,

actually i'll hold it up next to hte pipe tomorrow, give u an idea

the mr2 guys reported having problems with the smaller sized openings on some of the catch cans they used, mister3 ended up doing a GB on one that had the appropriate opening sizes.

click
    for the specs of my 5sfte

hmmmmm, bugger eh, i might flog it off and make my own

Junior Member tooch is on a distinguished road

Yeah dude I had a cheapo catch can with small fittings, it caused too much of a restriction in the PCV and my car smoked like a biatch.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Yes, it needs to be at least the size of the PCV valve off the valve cover. An ideal catch can setup will also recirculate the "caught" oil back to the pan.

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

I wouldnt want that shit back in my pan.

You ever seen the "oil" that comes from one? It isnt oil, its this nasty red rusty looking vapor shit. Ive never dumped just OIL from my can. Definately dont want that shit in my pan.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

might mod it, the can is good it's just hte fittings, might try and make bigger fittings on it,, i'll let ya know

Thread Information