CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Help me with my plans

ok well i have a 1990 toyota celica st 5 speed with 70000 original miles on it, its in great condition. I have just put in kyb struts with eibach pro line springs and camber bolts. My interior has just been painted and i bought 15x7 kosie wheels with dunlop direnza 205-40x15 tires. The car runs and drives great, my next investment will be paint im going from red to black and then im gonna do performance, so far i have bosch pltinum 2 plugs and exact wires and cap. Im not looking for a race car so i dont want a engine swap. Im thinking of trying to find a intake and exhaust, maybe better battery like one of those yellow tops, i dont know where to go from there, maybe a port and polish, where can i get cams and i heard about retarding the timing, light weight flywheel, clutch, id like to put ac in my car and electric windows. Any help is appreciated.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

theres not much if not anything to do to make it even decently fast. the f head is one of your biggest restrictions. You can boost it... it will make a difference but your still looking at a pretty slow car. The head is the biggest restriction. Not only that but that engine isnt made to really make power.... just an economy motor. Intake and exhaust arent going to give you much just better gas mileage .
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vangls14
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

dont listen to burnyd. He just doesn't like the 5sfe... Just look at pressure2's turboed 5s, it has plenty of power. Upgrades you could do include larger exhaust(2.5") header off of a camry, some people have swapped the head to the "g" head. Good luck with whatever you do though.

(burnyd im not trying to be mean to you)

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

^^ lol..... Have I met you in person before? He has an st 4afe motor. If it was a 5sfe you can do a few decent upgrades but nothing special.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

First, I'm with burnyd on this one. There is not much you can do to a 4afe. I'd reccomend doing the standard I/H/E and see how you like that. If it's not enough for you, I'd reconsider your swapping opinions, as I don't think port and polish and cams will net you decent gains for the price. I don't speak from experience, but then again, I don't know of anyone that can because they all came to the same conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by IDLE13
    and i heard about retarding the timing, light weight flywheel, clutch, id like to put ac in my car and electric windows. Any help is appreciated.
    Second....retarding??? Do you mean advancing? I'd recommend against the clutch, you won't have much more power to put to the ground, and it'll make driving the car harder. The flywheel I have no real advice on besides to say it'll help revs, but reduce torque. Your call.

As for the ac and electric windows, I wouldn't. But then again, we seem to have seperate tastes in cars, so again, your call. I can't imagine the windows would be too incredibly hard, but the ac might be a bit tricky.
    She lives!!!

And now thrives. Took 3 years and an embarrassing amount of money, but tooooooooootally worth it

i agree with with Hiko, why spend all the money and time on windows and Air conditioning. Do you want comfort or performance. However, since you are changing the colour of the car you may be able to get doors form a wrecker with the power windows. As for the air i would forget about it. MY 90 GT has air but it doesn,t work and it isn,t worth investing in getting it fixed when then are other areas that need $$$$$$. AND it is very COOOL to ride with the windows down.

Thread Information