CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Default GReddy Oil Pressure Tree

Kick ass piece! I blocked off the thread on my head for oil pressure.. I wanted to either start to take our pressure off of the oil filter in, or the turbo oil pressure feed.

Reason being is because on my 3S-GTE, the location on the head is actually one of the worst spots to get oil pressure. Not only does the oil have to travel upward but its also one of the last spots to recieve oil and far away from the pump. So I wanted a good, clean, solid reading.

Diagram of oil travel:

*Note on the head, the stock location is in the top right with the arrow sticking out.

So.. I got ahold of this part after Chris D pointed me in the right direction.

Its a GReddy oil tree which sits below the oil filter and above the stock oil cooler.. a very cool unit! Infact, I have an oil relocation kit but I'm kind of sceptical of putting it on because of the increase in oil needed in the system. Suprisingly, with the 3" downpipe, putting this unit it you can still retain the oil filter in that location.

This is a great piece! Well worth the 60 bucks or so shipped to my door for it. I now no longer have a T off the stock oil pressure out for the stock sensor and the oil pressure guage sensor. Just wanted to pass along the word! This was universal piece, part #12002801

wow thats pretty sweet, man...wonder if that would work on the 5sfe? hmmmm what do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    click
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for the specs of my 5sfte

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold

Images

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    wow thats pretty sweet, man...wonder if that would work on the 5sfe? hmmmm what do you guys think?
    I don't see why not, its a universal kit.

What kind of downpipe do you have? Also, is the dip stick better off, worse off, or no change? Does it just use the threads on the oil cooler where the oil filter would screw in? Like a oil tree sandwich right? Thanks.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

clayton, what type of Tee setup do you recomend for somone who wants to get oil pressure from the stock sender location on a 3sgte? right now i got an oil gauge with its own sender, but i would also like to keep the idiot light hooked up.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Playfortoday
    What kind of downpipe do you have? Also, is the dip stick better off, worse off, or no change? Does it just use the threads on the oil cooler where the oil filter would screw in? Like a oil tree sandwich right? Thanks.
    I have the 2.75 to 3" Top End racing downpipe. Dip stick isn't changed. And yes there is a small 1.5" adapter the screws over the stock oil coolers threads which just extends it to put the tree in. Very self explainitory piece.. I think you definately have the right idea, oil tree sandwich

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Sweet! Glad to hear it worked out well for you dude.

clay, do you happen to know the sizes of the threads for the 2 holes in the oil tree?

click
    for the specs of my 5sfte

were you able to use the stock size oil filter for this piece or did you have to get a different size?
    Bruce

The threads on the stock senders are 1/8" NPT.. you can aquire and make your own T's with parts from home depot or any other hardware store..

Images

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    clay, do you happen to know the sizes of the threads for the 2 holes in the oil tree?
    Yes they are 1/8"NPT but they give you plugs with it.. unless your planning on T'ing in me.

sorry.. didn't notice this thread got some posts. I'm still using the unit with the stock oil filter in place.

Greddy does make a very nice sandwich adapter. I lucked out on the 1MZFE as there are oil gallery access plugs in the block behind the A/C bracket.

Clayton, are you planning to install an external oil cooler? If so, I am curious to know where you plan to mount yours. I have most of the parts I need for my setup and the current plan is to mount it in the fender well.
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

I also would like to run one of those, get a filter relocation kit (more oil is better from what I have heard) and get an aftermarket oil cooler to run in series with the stock one.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

I have the same plans (oil tree, relocation, and cooler). Anyone have a parts list and/or write up for that?
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Thread Information