CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Air Connector / stay

Quesiton on the Air Connector stay... I'm was putting the spacers and 4 screws on tonight, and noticed that I could see down into the top of the head (just a little gap between the side of the spacer and the hole). Is this normal? Does anyone know what their's looks like? I was kinda figurin on that is was normal, as I have two 3sgte block in the garage - and they both look the same. I just thought it odd as it looks like oil could very easily squirt up there.

thanks

Are you talking about the intake manifold stay?

living to see 1.5 lateral G's in my autocross car
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No - the Air Connector Stay. That diagram is different - perhaps an st185? I should have specified that mine is an st165. MY stay has two "spacers" as shown in your diagram (yours has one). I see that your shows a gasket - I have the toyota manual - but they don't show any kind of gasket. I'll maybe check with toyota tomorrow and see - I can't see as they would allow that to be open as such.

Thanks

What engine is that diagram from, generation wise? My 2nd gen engine has two long tube like spacers that drop into the valve cover and the stay bolts down on top of all that. Theres no need for a gasket like in that picture because the valve cover has a gasket underneath that takes care of it. You can see down into the head a tiny bit, but that portion has nothing happening in there. Its pretty much sealed from where all the cool crap is happening.

Chris is right.
    No oil will come up from there.
    As long as it's secure, you are all set.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information