CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Another Celica Project!!

Well I couldnt pass up this deal. Even though I have a celica that runs good and looks okay I still bought this piece of junk. I dont know what it is but my girlfriend calls it a sickness.

I bought it for $1,000. 1990 GTS w/ 88,060 miles

The Good:
    -System 10 sound system
    -Grey interior still intact
    -All-trac hood
    -New Tires on okay condition 7th gen GTS rims
    -Included with the car:invader body kit new, Front and Rear KONI adj. shocks, Aftermarket strut bar for the all-trac motor(wont fit with the 5sfe intake manifold).
    -AC system is still in its original place
    -Horn works
    -body is dent-free except for the passenger front fender which I will use from my other celica.

The Bad:
    - Motor wont start up (possibly ignition components)
    - Paint job is shot( paint job on my first Celica is actually really nice compared to this Celica.
    - No license plates( its in storage) so parking it on the main road is going to be risky till I can get the paperwork done and have it legal.

The Reason:
    - My first Celica was sort of an experimental swap Celica. Alot of issues like some of the gauges not working, horn not working, no AC, fuel lines are messed up. This way I start fresh and I have the interior that I always wanted instead of the blue interior.

The Plan:
    - Drop the 3SGTE that is in my other Celica into this Celica.
    - I will need to have the intercooler piping modified a bit since the piping right now is routed where the AC lines are.
    - Swap over any parts that may be needed from both cars to make one Good condition Celica.
    - Sell parts that I do not need and drop off the shell of my first Celica to the junk yard.

What do you guys suggest I do? I am still thinking about which shell to keep whether it would be easier to swap the interior,fuel lines and the AC system from one celica to the other or to just swap the motor and a few other things to the other Celica.
    1990 GTS Sold
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco TEAMFaint is on a distinguished road TEAMFaint's Avatar

Images

I say damn you for finding that celica! I cant find a half assed decent project car anywhere around me..but I guess thats all my car is right now is a project car

Sounds like a good plan though man, just dont put on the invader kit.
    current project; looking =(

awesome project car! good luck with it bro.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMFaint
    I say damn you for finding that celica! I cant find a half assed decent project car anywhere around me..but I guess thats all my car is right now is a project car

Sounds like a good plan though man, just dont put on the invader kit.
    Haha!!

Definately not putting the invader body kit on.
    1990 GTS Sold

Thread Information