CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default learning to read compressor maps (chris D i need your help!=))

hey guys i been trying to learn how to read compressor maps over the past couple days, and came across this site:click me
    now after the injector thing, i know my math skills arnt the greatest..lmao..but bear with me for a sec, im sure chris D will correct me if im off on a tangent again..
    now with this formula, i came up with this for my 5s:
    L x RPM x VE x PR
    CFM = -----------------
    L= liters (2.2)
    RPM = 3300(when i want full boost by), 5600(when the 5s starts to fall off), and 6600 (for shits and giggles)
    VE = 90
    14.7+planned boost(10lbs)
    PR = ------------------ =1.68
    so that should give me this:
    @3300RPM = 193.94 or 13.6lbs/min
    @5600RPM = 329.11 or 23.06lbs/min
    @6600RPM = 387.88 or 27.2lbs/min
    so..is this correct? hahahaha
    if it is, i wanna make a excel sheet with all the figures for future refrence..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    click
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for the specs of my 5sfte

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I didn't check out your actual math, but everything looks good. One important thing to note about these calculations is that your fuel requirements increase substantially with RPMs. Good info.

1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

cool beans just wanted to make sure i was on the right track..ill go ahead and make that spreadsheet up and upload it here when i get it done...
    thanks chris!

click

Member Todd is on a distinguished road

Arrow

yup, those numbers look good.
    i remember i got around 340-350 cfm at 8 psi and a lower VE, so i dont doubt that those are correct.
    1992 ST-184 Coupe, 5S-FTE
    1987 MA-70, 7M-GE (GTE soon)

aim: bhouse2004

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    cool beans just wanted to make sure i was on the right track..ill go ahead and make that spreadsheet up and upload it here when i get it done...
    thanks chris!
    Unless you just want to do it for the exercise......
    Excel Spreadsheet of Turbo Calcs (right click, save as)

94 Celica ST
    1.8l stock 7A-FE, T3/T4

04 Mazdaspeed Miata
    1.8l, Factory Turbo, Hard Dog DD Roll Bar, Custom TB inlet pipe, boost controller...it's teh faster

thanks all!
    heres a link to the excel spreadsheet i made up:
    click me
    feel free to save this or whatever, chris..gotta be good for somthing... lol

click

is there any formula that can convert cfm into horsepower?

Thread Information