CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    You've GOTTA get that 60 foot down man. What kind of tires was that on? Your hunting 13's with a better 60 foot (2.0 would be amazing!).

Hows your motor mounts? You getting wheel hop or any thing? You slipping the clutch out?
    I was running the tires that come stock on 7th gen GTS rims, yokohamas. My motor mounts are new but I am considering using polyeurathane to stiffen them up especially the rear mount. I dont get wheel hop at all since the tires are spinning mostly and I held the clutch pedal at a certain point so that i would not lose traction that badly, I did not just let the clutch out and floor the gas pedal, I eased the clutch pedal out.

I think that if I get some better rubber and a good launch I will be able to see low 14's possibly 13's with the stock turbo. But like I said before this Solara V6 tranny sucks. I might convert back to the S53/S54 or pick up a MR2 turbo tranny.
    1990 GTS Sold
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I ran a 15.2 on a totally stock gt-four, with a 2.3 60ft...slipping clutch.

sloceli

Just got back from the strip with Sean And KoreanJoey. I'm running a 2nd gen 3sgte @ stock boost with a HKS pod filter, HKS SSQV, and 2.5" exhaust. I would have been faster but I had tons of wheel hop in 2nd gear.
    My best run of the day.
    R/T .023
    60FT 2.315
    330 6.390
    1/8 9.746
    MPH 74.82
    1000 12.589
    1/4 14.989
    MPH 94.00

with jenn driving, last fall, 14.07
    5sfte w/ct-27 @ like 13psi
    right click save as
    i WILL be in the 13s this year, got a much better tune on the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    click
    for the specs of my 5sfte

1993 GT Coupe.
    Bone stock

Luckily.. reaction time didn't count, i was trying in vain to get a good launch.

OH, obviously, i'm on the right.

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Best time in my 2001 GT-S 6speed BONE STOCK. 14.7@94.98mph

Here's my best 1/8th mile slip for my '01 GT-S. The track is 50ft short, so it would actually be around a 9.0 @ 78-79mph. Check out that 60ft time with street tires I'm on the right.

Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

60' - 2.135
    330' - 6.284
    1/8 - 9.706
    mph - 71.65
    1000' - 12.648
    1/4 - 15.123
    mph - 91.11
    1990 Celica Alltrac /w Carlos Sainz Edition motor, ecu, and transmission.

only got in 3 runs...first time for me.
    jenn ran 14.07 last year on the old tune, 13's are just a matter of practice, i spun all the way thru 1st & 2nd on this run.

click
    for the specs of my 5sfte

hi all
    ST165
    standard engine, standard turbo, standard ecu
    17.5psi
    fmic

my first time dragging, i need to work on launches as im sure i can get it even quicker
    but im quite happy with that time
    Last edited by andycaca; 10-03-2006 at 05:36 PM.

Is a 13.1 on a stock ST165 with stock CT26 even possible? If it is, I am running the wrong gen All-trac. My best time on my ST185 on stock turbo with lots of goodies is a 14.2.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Quote Originally Posted by Playfortoday
    Is a 13.1 on a stock ST165 with stock CT26 even possible? If it is, I am running the wrong gen All-trac. My best time on my ST185 on stock turbo with lots of goodies is a 14.2.
    Remember the tub-o-lard us 5th genners carry round... the 4th gen is a fair bit lighter IIRC...
    1990 Series 5 Celica GT-4
    Needs: New brakes. New gas struts for rear hatch AGAIN >_< Repairs to drivers side after "adventure" with bridge.
    Wants: Tien coilovers. Audio system (planning at the moment), found System 10 door panels, system ten amp, need speakers and head unit and wiring and and and...

4th gen Celica All-trac = 3219
    92-93 5th gen Celica All-trac = 3218

All 5th gen's I have seen with the stock ct26 with full exhaust, intake, and boost control run low 14's to low 15's. There is something different about this car. I am really curious what the major difference is to mine.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

its worth noting that my friend steve gillies ran 13.4 in his ST165 in 2004 at santa pod. that was with a stage 1 hybrid turbo but with full interior

i dont know how much my car weighs, but its not far off the 1320kg my mates sprint spec 165, and a lot less than the 1380 it weighed in at before i fitted the 5kg sparco seats and removed other bits and pieces

I guess the key is a modified turbo, because that is the only difference I can see... even have head work done. Check out the mod lists on http://gtfour.ca/race.html

You will see what I mean... Almost everyone in the 13's are either a fwd swap or have turbo work done of some kind.

I was impressed with my 14.2 running 13.5psi with head work and other bits mentioned above. Well done. I do not trust the stock ct26 past 14psi. It is evil in the upper range in stock form. Actually, I run a J&S knocksensor now, and my times are slower. It pulls timing too easily in the upper revs, even when knock conditions would be pretty impossible(cool outside temps and 12psi of boost). Looks like I have some tuning to do there. After pulling a motor three times, you get a little paranoid to push it.

BTW, steve gillies is a good man to know in the gt-four world. If memory serves me correctly, he has been around for a long while and knows his stuff.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

yep, hes a good friend of mine and gave me lots of help and advise when i first started out
    i wonder if ill be able to break into the 12's when i fit the supra CT26

I don't think that has ever been done with the supra CT26, but on your car, it seems possible. Maybe I am missing info on the 1st gen gt-four, but I thought they were a little slower than the 2nd.

A few quick calculations...

Using LRT formulas:
    239HP with a weight of 3000lbs nets an estimated 14.183s 1/4 mile. You are killing it there. I am perplexed.
    A 103.89 trap speed at 3000lbs nets a horsepower estimate of 295 (not taking into account gear ratio and traction)
    An E.T. verses weight projection places you at 321hp(lol)

Using Patrick Hale:
    Gives you a 13.5s 1/4 based on 239hp and 3000lbs
    Gives you 263hp based on mph and 3000lbs
    Gives you 260hp based on e.t. vs weight

Using Geoffrey Fox:
    wgt to hp places you at a 14.5
    276 hp based on mph and weight
    and a whopping 325hp based on e.t. to weight.(lol)

Based on your results, Patrick Hale calculations are the most correct. I am also going to say, you are a damn good diver, and squeeked the most out of your car that was possible.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

the dyno chart in my OC page is way out of date and although i havent got a recent dyno chart, im sure im around the 280-300bhp mark (at the fly)

thanks for going to the effort to work out those calculations, i seriously had no idea how quick it was. im WILL get my car on a dyno soon to see how much power its making

Cool. PM me with the result so I don't miss the update. If you don't mind, I may bug you more via PM too. I would like to get a mod comparison list between our cars. I am thinking I might have a vacuum or boost leak, since I should be similar to your results.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

sure thing.
    theres a 4WD RR only 60 miles from where i live, so im trying to drum up some interest with my local jap car club and see if we can get a few of us out there. failing that, ill just go myself and see how much power its putting out

update: ive booked the car into a RR day on the 12th of november. this is the same place the car previously put down a mighty 180bhp when i first got it! fingers crossed ive added circa 100 to that
    Last edited by andycaca; 10-30-2006 at 05:46 PM.

n00b 1tchy is on a distinguished road

UK (not attached to Europe - except by a silly tunnel...)

I think it also helps that Andy is a nutter, pure and simple. Not sure where you've got the weights from, but to the best of my knowledge, the st165 is lighter than the st185, even in stock form, and Andy's car has been lightened a fair bit (wonder if the US specs were different to the UK ones??). He likes pulling things out of cars, ask my vacuum hoses, egr, charcoal cannister etc now in my cupboard . His car is work of art, we're not talking Rembrandt, more Picasso meets Dali on a binge drinking session!

He'll be in the 12's soon enough

Fair enough.

As far as the stats go, the US spec are pretty close. The true weight difference didn't happen until the ST205, but we never got those.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

n00b 1tchy is on a distinguished road

UK (not attached to Europe - except by a silly tunnel...)

Just an update to further my belief that the ST165 can kick some serious ass, Steve Gillies (aka Betsy on most forums) managed a 12.92 on Sat, so stealing Andycaca's UK crown and throwing down the gauntlet for 'caca to improve on his time

Talking

Hey Guys, good to see a some old names and of course new ones

Indeed i had a good result at santa pod, drag strip.

video can be seen here:

Betsy quick run

I feel there is more to come even with the current spec.
    Roll on th rev3 conversion

Steve
    ST-165 88 UK (BETSY) Blows like divine Brown

1/4 mile

264 BHP Per Ton

well that killed the thread, LOL

Steve
    ST-165 88 UK (BETSY) Blows like divine Brown

1/4 mile

264 BHP Per Ton

Thread Information