CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Just put a new (and very loud) Fuel Labs fuel pump in my car and plan on pushing e85 to 38 psi or so this Friday at the track. This is about 4 psi higher then I ran last year. Also, I'm gonna try my luck with a little two-step, so we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll have a new time slip to submit...

Edit:

Wussed out and didn't set up the two-step before taking it to the track, and regret it. Broke my first axle dumping the clutch. The run before, I bogged so bad that I did a 2.2 60' and ran an 11.0@141. Fixed the axle last night and finally manned up and installed/set-up my two-step. Going back out next friday to see how she does...
    Last edited by tjdouble07; 07-01-2010 at 05:14 PM.

I should have done this awhile ago but here it is now.

my 205 does 13.9@96mph

http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/a...urrent=095.mp4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ST205 ETA 2010-09-03(800x600).jpg‎  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94 JDM ST205
    94 JDM SW20
    91 JDM ST185 RC

I need to hit a strip bad.

I did race a co-workers truck last week that ran a 13.6 at firebird.

I beat him by about a hood length..

Just went to a strip a couple days ago...

My best was an 1/8th-mile time of 10.35 @67mph... for an N/A MR2, is that decent? Mods are I/H/E and some sticky-ass tires in the back. I ran consistent 10.4's all night... BTW, Shadyside Dragway is actually, especially towards the end, slightly uphill...

My friend in his Cobalt SS ran a 9.37 @74mph... not bad considering his front tires wouldn't grab til he was halfway through 2nd!

What is a good time for an 1/8th-mile track? I know about 1/4-miles.... but 1/8's are a bit different...

- Tum
    Reno (my 6th-gen) is no more!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rude (my MR2 MKII) is no more!

Tails (Miles) is here!

1987 Honda Civic CRX Si 250,000 miles. WHIP. My daily driver.
    Original D15A3 1.5L, 12-valve, fuel-injected. ALL original parts including the transmission (A/C parts removed, clutch replaced).
    Stage 3 port & polish, rebuilt engine (thanks to the guys at Phoenix).
    Intake and exhaust (stock exhaust manifold works fine). Shoots flames. A lot.
    Mugen steering wheel. Procar bucket seat. Custom rear strut brace (self-made).

Mods to come: Tokico struts, rear springs (front uses torsion bars), front strut bar, 15" wheels with performance tires.

Originally Posted by renegadex
    Thanks Initial D for driving the price of corollas through the roof!

my best time in my 92 Toyota Celica All-Trac is a 8.852

8.852 is my fastest time in the 1/8 mile. i drive a 92 Toyota Celica All-Trac with slight mods and boost increase

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

I wanna go under 12 in the 1/4 with mine...

i have my 1994 celica with a 3sgte swap, i also have the posi transmission, i run a 24x8x15 slick, i avarage a 13.4 in the 1/4 my best was a 13.22

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I ran a 14.7 @ 95mph in my stock celica gts!!!! I'm so happy!! XD
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2_Liter_Turbo View Post
    I've been racing my redtop (very hard) for 140,000 miles and it still has factory spec compression and runs great (I got it with approx 60k on the clock already). I always hear people talk crap about the motors, but I think it's mainly due to owner error, as my motor has lasted so well over the years. I've even boosted the stock bottom end at 36 psi on a tune for 20 psi because the wastegate line fell off in the middle of a drag race. Other than the machine gun sound when it detonated like crazy, the motor is perfectly fine for the last 20k miles.

You're right though, 240's need bushings badly, kind of like how celica's need them too, ha ha. My alltrac is so mushy! I need to get a rear diff bushing badly!

Oh and you can put over 500 to the crank on a stock bottom end before having some durability issues. A buddy of mine had his at 610whp before his went kapow! Ha ha. I'm curious what I can put out of the Yamaha motor that's in the celica, lol. I just want about 350whp, so hopefully the OEM stuff can take it like the SR does!
    The redtop has relatively weak rods, You probably shouldnt expect to see more than 300-350 reliably out of that motor. The block however is badass, that redtop block will hold upwards of 600+ HP easily. The pistons are good to about 400 but then you really have to worry about cracking ringlands from detonation...

Thread Information