CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 3sgte swap VS SRT4, 40-80mph speedo video

I found these two speedo videos and decided to join them together to show how the 3sgte swap compares to the doge srt4. i believe the celica in the video belongs to Four from 6gc and is probably running at about 10-12psi. the neon is stock and runs 14psi from the factory.

the gearing seem to be the same in the 2 cars as both drivers shift right at 60mph. if you slow the video down and watch the counter, youll notice the celica is about 1 sec faster in the 40-80mph.

right click and save as..
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1tq19/speedo.wmv

if the video tries to save as speedo.htm ... then just rename it to speedo.wmv and it should play fine

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1tq19/5th gen st 40-80.wmv

for comparison sake, here is a 5th gen st doing the same 40-80
    Last edited by Lagos; 01-06-2005 at 01:20 AM. Reason: added 5th gen ST video
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Well that's a 5th gen gauge cluster, and I swear I've seen that celica video before.

Cool vid though.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

no its a 6th gen. 5th gens have orangeish needles.

the celica vid has been posted before...like i said, its not my car... but i was looking around the srt forums and found an almost exact vid of what the celica did, so i decided to join them to show the 2 cars side by side.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Pretty cool!

I sort of expected that based on what I've seen at the track.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Good stuff.

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar

Oh dang, I guess I've never sat in a 6th gen. They both have ugly ass green dash lights? ick.

3SGTE = A shitload more top end.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu
    Oh dang, I guess I've never sat in a 6th gen. They both have ugly ass green dash lights? ick.

yeah the stock gauges on a 6th gen dont look all that great, but thats an easy fix with some cheap indiglo gauges.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

red_94gts

damn some cheap coloured bulbs change the look quite nicely

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Talking

What the hell, its says it a HTML document, and all i get is code, even when i save target as. Something is up with that....

That speedo vid of Alex's car is VERY old, and he also had a leak in his intake manifold. I havent seen this vid yet with it side by side, but, I've been with him, and I've been to, a couple SRT-4 meets. Its been very well documented, intake and exhaust is ample to walk a stock SRT-4. Turn the boost up, and its not even an issue. I myself have raced an intake and exhaust SRT-4, and walked him pretty bad.

Stage 2 SRT-4's, will trap in the high 100's, as in 106-110, and your going to have to add a DP 14psi, intake and exhaust, and have a good run to take one. Im still waiting on a race for a Stage 2, neat cars though.

Alex also walked a stock one quite a while ago, i'll see if i can bring him in here....

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

This should also be moved mod's......

Images

Interesting, they deleted my post race thread over there, but none of the pre race stuff. Guess it is pretty embarrassing getting beat by a celica, bwah, ah well.

sean... if the file saved as speedo.htm then just rename it to speedo.wmv
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

or just type the file name as speedo.wmv

works the same.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu

Definitely, this is where we would really walk them. That 260 lbs of torque from the factory gives them a pretty good 2nd gear start.

Edit: Thanks Lago's, that did the trick. I learned something new today

Sean you could have also right clicked an open with/ wmv. Yeah those guages on that celica look pretty retro compared to the srt4. Maybe cause it was done at night. I think both cars are about the same. Maybe its me but the celica might be slightly faster. I'm just celica biased though.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

Images

actually, the celica gets there a full second faster by my eyes Celica it looks like it takes around 5, SRT-4, around 6

hehe those cars would own mine specially with my slipping clutch

while i was cutting up and splicing these speedo videos, i put them in slow motion and watched the counter. the celica was exactly 1sec faster on the counter. now in the real world, this would probably end up being a drivers race, but i think is shows just how worth while the swap really is....

now we just need a stock GT and ST to do 40-80mph vids!
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

Holy shit, I guessed correctly! I dont know man, if you gain 1 second in a 40-80 race, thats quite a substantial lead You can travel 117 feet at 80 MPH in 1 second, 1 second earlier, the SRT-4 is doing about 75, which is a good 10 feet behind at this point.

Thats why I make such a big deal out of walking any SRT-4, there such a great car to compare a Swapped celica too. If your keeping up with a brand new 2.4 liter turbo, your doing a pretty damn good job Quite the testament to the 3S, and the chassis it should've been installed in from the factory. GST anybody?

I think the GTS should have been the stock fwd 3s powered celica I like that better then ripping off mitsubishi.

Images

Guys, Im REALLY bored, so excuse me

I figured out there accelerations with velocity= (velocity initial) + (acceleration x time)

The Celica's acceleration in that given time period, 3.5746 meters per second
    The SRT-4's acceleration in that given time, was 2.978 meters per second

Quite the difference

Using another forumula:
    Distance is = (intial distance (which is zero)) + (initial velocity x time) + .5(acceleration x (time squared)).

With there given accelerations that i gave above, in 5 seconds of full throttle action:

Celica Travels: 134 Meters
    SRT-4 Travels: 126 Meters Difference of, 8 meters, or roughly 24 feet.

Thats about 2.5 car lengths in a 5 second span, quite the difference

anyone know the curb weight of our swaped cars vs the srt4s?
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

2970 for the SRT-4
    2646 for the Celica Hatch

Images

Damn, im still impressed that my physics book came in handy for a change. Excuse me please....

sean, the figure your getting of 2646, does that mean 5th gen or 6th gen liftback?

Thread Information