CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

Default Will a Camry/MR-2 5sfe swap into a Celi?

I'm looking to get a new engine for a celica I might be picking up. So...yea. Any info is helpful.

TNO

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

yes, the 5sfe should fit into your celica!
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

It will fit but you will need to use some things from your 5sfe for it because of the way it sits in the MR2 and the way it sits in the celica. So some of the plumbing and intake stuff I think need to be swapped or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light

That shouldn't be a problem...I'm going to contact the guy tonight, but I'm assuming it still has the stock engine in there so I can take accessories, etc. from it. We'll see what happens I guess.

TNO

It depends on what year.
    If it's a 90/91, you should be fine, you'll just have to swap some stuff from the original engine.
    If it's a 92^, you will need a 92^ block.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I found a 5sfe from a 96 Camry. This should work if I use some stuff from the Celica (which is a 93 BTW) like accessories, etc, right?

TNO

wait do u have a st or a gt, cause if its an st nothing will work
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Right now I have an ST, but the car I'm looking at is a GT that needs an engine.

TNO

Thread Information