CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

Default custom energy drink coolant over flow bottle writeup

so i tried to find the coolant overflow bottle for my ST165, but could not so i decided to make one.
    i have not yet tested the effectiveness of this design DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

things you will need
    1. a 10mm wrench or scocket to remove the old bottle
    2. an energy drink of your choice
    3. some 1/4 inch hose(i think)
    4. a wiper fluid bottle cap like this one ( part number 54100 from oreilly auto parts)
    5. a bicycle water bottle holder
    6. some rtv and paint of your choice (for the bottle holder)

the old bottle

the new energy can

the washer lid

1: drink energy drink

2: start by removing the old bottle (keep the bolts you will reuse the small one)

3: bend out the rim on the top of the can, then add some rtv to the inside lip of the ridge, attach a piece of hose to the down spout of the lid (make sure it is the right length, just above the
    bottom of the can), rtv the little holt in the lid and rtv the lid to the can.

4: paint bottle holder if needed and attach it by the top hole to the right side hole of the expansion tank by using the smaller bolt removed earlyer.

5: install energy can and attach hose(you will need to use a smaller clamp or wrap the tube on the cap to make up the difference in size from the expansion hose)

Enjoy

the finished product

i have not yet tested the effectiveness of this design DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
    ST165

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

so now my car runs on NOS lol
    ST165

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Its... a little ghetto... but I guess just let us know how it holds up.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Senior Member v8killer is on a distinguished road

Images

idc how ghetto it is i think its f'n sick! i will do this in a week or so

black st165 sleeper- the v8 killin' 2.0L bottle of whoop-ass!
    mods: you wish you knew!
    "Straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" Colin McRae- RIP

Originally Posted by Luni
    Are you serious?

Jesus, you really should just get a fucking sportscar that was designed to go fast.

ya its a little ghetto, but i love it lol
    ST165

Images

it will last longer than a plastic one and i can be painted black to look somewhat stock, i give this a solid 9.5/10 it would be a 10/10 if the cap fit directly on the can.

Are you serious?

Jesus, you really should just get a fucking sportscar that was designed to go fast.

ya it was a little to loose and i wanted it to seal, i will be looking for a better fit and will update if found.
    ST165

Images

nice, yeah let me know i will ask my gf if she knowsof any suggestions

Are you serious?

I saw a rat rod at a local car show this week that did this with a large Jack Daniels bottle. Looked sick!
    '93 GT Coupe (money bags jr)

'90 AllTrac (money bags sr)

nice
    ST165

I love the fact that you can now tell everyone your car has NOS. Excellent choice. Plus- consuming the drink first gave you energy to finish the project!
    1990 GT
    2.2l: odometer stopped at 257k miles!

Thread Information