CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    85 Runner lifted, locked, and rolled...
    91 GT DD

I hate MR2's -------Just because they're a bitch to work on!

Nice car, but the price is really high for the mileage and condition.

By the way, I deleted their derrogatory comments from your sale thread. Trolling is not allowed in B&S. It is clean again. I hope you get what you are asking. Patience sometimes pays off. Hang in there.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Quote Originally Posted by klif01
    Uhh... yah it was, imageshack just deleted the image....its back up now, hosted on a different site..
    ah, THANKS A TON. this is great... will try this on my Celi when it's lighter outside...

, Stock-ish (
    ) | NYC, NY, USA

I finally got around to doing this and did a "cleaner" install version of this. I basically went to the back of the connectors (the yellow one and the blue one-- just yanked both out, and connected the wires "behind" them so that when you put them back, you can't see the connection) and spliced the same wires together. I poked around with my multimeter as well to confirm that the thick wire was indeed hot.

I am sure you noticed this too, but that wire is funny: It is hot when you turn the key to ACC or ON, and after you turn it off, it will remain hot for maybe 60 seconds, and then turn off. I noticed this when I was just testing with the multimeter. And when I hooked everything up, and "test" it with my fogs on, and then turn off the car and pull the key out-- the fog lights indeed remain on for about a minute, and then turn off. I guess I can think of them as "courtesy lights". Just thought I'd add that note.

It's so simple to do-- the photos/writeup above was pretty clear. Thanks!

, Stock-ish (
    ) | NYC, NY, USA

That "60s hot wire" is for your windows... So you can shut the car off and screw with your windows.. I love that feature and in my opinion it gives the car a luxury feature.

My buddies 02 WRX the damn windows don't work unless the key is in ON position.

THat is neat that the fogs do stay on.. I will have to do it on my gf's car so when she gets out at night they stay on.. sorta a safety thing for her.

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

usually if you take out the key the car electrical stays on until you open the door. my fogs now stay with the electrical thanx to that fog light mod. Plus if your door switches don't open the interior lights that means the electrical in the car is still on and the fogs will stay on for a min.

Basically my cars door switches are jammed or prob not workin properly. I will fix this weekend. BUt what happens is since the interior lights don't come on when the door opens it does not disengage the electrical stuff so the car thinks the doors are still shut. i think its cool since my fogs stay on for the extra min. but i like when things work properly so im gonna fix the door switches so the interior lights come on when i open the door. The hatch switch works fine and the funny part is that when the hatch opens misteriously the door switches work. I still think they are jammed so im gonna work on this weekend.

is that 60s wire in those pic's? i dont have a multimeter to mess around with. if so what color?

it's the one marked as "hot wire" in photo #2 above. the thick wire attached to the blue molex connector

, Stock-ish (
    ) | NYC, NY, USA

i tried and failed at this i dunno how i fucked it up, i found a hot wire, found the wire that is only hot when the low beams are on n connected them and got nothing....the thing is when my relay is in i get constant power to 3 of the 4 connections? then u push the foglight button and i lose power in one and gain power in the 4th? i dunno i dicked around with it for a decent amount of time and got really pissed off n just put everything back the way it was....i was just be retarted....and my wire colors are diff then the pic above

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

That sounds really simple. It's a shame that one of my fog lights were busted out when I found the car. Thankfully the wires and the plugs are tucked away under my bumper there awaiting new foglights from wherever.

Is that wire on the passenger side or driver side? Looks like the passenger
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Um, I think you may have done this wrong, Ads. You cut the wire that has power when low beams on going to the relay in half, then you connect the half from the relay to a wire that has power with the ignition.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

yeah i tried that i cut it n gave myself enogh wire to splice into the wire that has constant power with the ignition on and nothing happed, like it should have worked, it only has power when the lowbeams are on, then u push the foglights and u lose power from that and it goes to the foglight wire.....mabye if someone could take a picture of the relay itself or tell me what # to cut....cuz i know mine has
    3 1,2 get constant power, and 3,4 is the switch that turns
    1 2 the fogs on and off ill go out and take a pic right after i post
    4 this

ok that made no sense my numbers were suppose to be spread out and look how they do on the fuse but they got squised together soo here
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...28/fuse002.jpg

thats how my fuse looks 1,2 are green with red tracer, 5 is pink with red tracer and 3 is white with a red tracer...soo i cute 5 which was the one that got power only wit low beam and spliced itno constant with ignitiona nd got nothing like it should have worked?

well, I hate to make u feel bad, but I just rewired my fogs last night without any probs ,
    are u sure u spliced them correctly?

i did it the way everyone has been doing it and it didnt work for meee, even had my multimetre out n checked for voltage on my new spice and i had it going to the relay, but it just didnt want to work, i gatta be missing something stupid here hha

Sorry for waking up so old thread, but i have 2 questions, the thin red and whie wire is a + from the fogs right, and why is there 3 wires that is coming out of fog lamps?

You do not need to get to the wires at the actual lamps themselves.

Simply at the relay block in the pictures, as shown in post #2.

By the way, this assumes that you have tested with a meter to be sure that the red and white is in fact getting +12v with the key in the "ON" position.

As to your other question:
    12v
    12v switched (what you are basically modifying)
    - (earth/ground)
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Thanks, very much for the answer :-)
    Well i just bought factory lamps so i dont have the necessary wiring, my plan is just to put the + from the fogs to parking light fuse, and the - to the ground :-D
    Is this ok, and do i have to put greater fuse (30A)?

I finally finished my fog lights wiring, because it didnt have the necessary factory cables...
    It turn out like this

Nicely done.

Seems that all is in order.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

still CANT SEE THE SECOND PIC...LOL this is gona be a pain with oiut hat second pic but ill figure it out
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Agreed. I'm going to try this tomorrow. I'm in a fixing mood after taking apart my rear view mirror and fixing it yesterday. It's been broken for about 4 years now.
    1992 Celica GT Convertible

lol someone should offer to host the necessary photos in a more permanent place, seeing how this mod is much requested, even almost 5 years later, haha...

, Stock-ish (
    ) | NYC, NY, USA

Senior Member Disco Dan is on a distinguished road Disco Dan's Avatar

I like the 60 seconds off feature; adds a nice touch.

In the stock state, the fog relay gets power through the HEAD fuses via the headlights. In other words, the headlights (when on) provide a closed path for current to the fog light relay. And since each headlight has its own fuse, as long as one headlight is on, the fogs should work. That does beg the question: Will the fogs would work if both headlights burned out? According to the wiring diagram, it would seem they would not. So you need at least one good headlight. Anyway, that's off topic.

If we're worried about running the fog lights without the engine on, why not give the fog relay power from the TAIL fuse? True, you'd have your marker lights on to use the fogs, but a) you wouldn't have to have the key in, b) the headlights wouldn't have to be on, and c) the light reminder buzzer would go off if you left them on. How would we go about doing this? There seem to be a couple of places we could splice into, but it will not be nearly as simple as the first process in this thread. For one, this would require an extra length of wire.

The easiest location would be the glove box. The interior lights run off of the TAIL fuse, so you would splice a wire into the green wire coming from the glove box light, run it down behind the glove box, to the relay box where the fog relay is. To make it very clean, you'll want a wire that ends in a female spade terminal. Like this: http://stude.vonadatech.com/images/H...dConnector.jpg If you have one of these lying around, great. If not, you can get one from almost any auto parts store, electronics store, walmart, etc. First, take the Fog Relay out of its relay box. Then pull the relay box out of its little pocket so you can get at the back of it. There's probably a yellow terminal guard directly behind the relay. Use a small screwdriver to pry that forward (you'll snap it back into place once you've put in your new wire). You'll now need to pull the Red/White wire from the back of the relay box and tape it off. To release the terminal, you'll need to use that small screwdriver again (I'm talking about the kind of screw driver they use for tightening glasses), stick it in at the front of the terminal (it's terminal #2, which should be the far right terminal) and pull the red/white wire from behind. It should slide out, though it may take a few tries with the screwdriver. Tape it off, once it's out, and slide in the female spade terminal that you spliced into the glove box wire, and it should snap into place. Push the yellow terminal guard back into place, pop the box back into its pocket, and put the fog relay back in. It should now be drawing power through the TAIL fuse.

That's a bit complicated, and if I had done it already, I might have taken pictures to show what I mean, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

n00b TheSteelGator is on a distinguished road

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    That's a bit complicated, and if I had done it already, I might have taken pictures to show what I mean, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.
    Just wanted to say that I tried this method this weekend on my '92 and it worked perfectly.

One note for anyone else who wants to try the Disco Dan method: there are two wires coming out of the glove box light - one is green and one is green with a faint black stripe. I connected an 18-gauge wire to the solid green wire using a quick splice connector. No fuss, no mess, very simple.

Thread Information