CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Eric Barrera is on a distinguished road

Images

Default Aftermarket Stereo Harness.

So I recently got a VR3 VR-500cs-bt for free, but I didn't get the harness for it. I have looked EVERYWHERE for the damn thing, and I am not getting any replies from the company so I said fuck this. My question is, could I make a "safe" home made harness and just tap into the pins? All I would really need is to tap into the right one, right?

Any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Mafix
    2 step that bitch when he walks around back!

Find a used one on eBay, or dead unit.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Images

There is nothing on Ebay. I'll keep looking though.

You could tap it safely. Are the pins round or little blades? You could find a harness with the same kind of pins and de-pin it, shrinktube each pin and connect it up (so long as you can find a pinout guide as well). I wouldnt recommend trying to solder on a pigtail as it would be pretty hard to reverse if you ever wanted to.

Pick a part yards often have lots of cheap head units and you might be able to find a harness thats useable (either fits, or to de-pin).
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Images

They are little blades. I'll probably depin a old stereo harness that I have laying around.

When you are on EXTREME budgets like I usually am, AND you live in the middle of nowhere, sometimes you learn to make do in very creative ways.
    Also, I never throw anything away. Old parts go into a bin and are stored in case I just happen to need it down the road.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Images

lol, so true. I know how and what i'm going to use, but for the love of me I can't find the damn Pin out for this. -__-

if you can find a picture of the harness you can base the pinout on the colors since that is all standard now.
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Images

Well I did find the online manual for it.

Thread Information