CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default 3SGE Gen1 to Gen2 or 3 ECU swapage?

Any links or info on whats involved and whats to gain? Say I came across a gen2 with most of the sensors still on it, full harness and ECU, I think Id need the rail and injectors as well, but w/e. Is there gain to be had or just money to be wasted?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Not sure on the accuracy but here is some info.

Wiki link

Seems like just getting a 2nd gen 3sge give you 30 hp on it's own. Not a bad upgrade if it can be had reasonably.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

I was thinking about this. I just bought a st165 and was wanting to know if i get a 2nd gen or 3rd gen ecu would it work or be better
    ST-184.. 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S(Sold)
    ST-165.. 1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac(Project/weekender)
    ............ 1995 Acura Integra LS(Daily Driver)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

I would think a stand alone ECU would give the best gains in general.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Any other input?
    I think I would alsno need to swap the dizzy as well. Not sure but more than likely.

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The 2nd gen had more aggressive cams and fuel maps. It also trades TVIS for ACIS. So if you use the electronics from the 2nd gen then you'll have to do away with TVIS or use something else to activate it.

The best upgrade for the first gen is a JDM ECU.

Honestly, it's not worth the money and effort to change out electronics when you can just buy a used JDM ECU and get 30hp.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Images

Thats what I needed. Basically if Im gonna get all that, might as well transplant the whole engine. Ima go google 3sge jdm ecu now lol

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I can go down to the shop and text you the part # from the one I have off that 3sge.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Images

Thats JDM?

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

The Notorious P.I.G.

Images

Yup

Hook,
    I'm kinda interested as well, any chance you could post that number up on the thread?

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Thread Information