CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foglight Mod

Question Foglight Mod

What happened to the easier version write-up for turning on fogs without the headlights being on? "fog" and "mod" are too short to search on, and I search every other possible way including in the archives. Where did it go?
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

Well that explains why I didn't find it. It was in the 5th gen forum.

I am going to put a copy of it in the Audio/Electrical forum too. Thanks Slider!!!
    Last edited by Playfortoday; 05-11-2006 at 09:25 PM.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Welcome to the forum, We try to be as helpfull as possable but on occasionaly we encourage members to utilize the search function on the main forum page. By using the search function on the main forum page your search will cover all forums on the site. Here is a link to the needed info, I hope you enjoy your stay. Take care and I hope your foglight mod goes well.
    David

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...light=foglight

BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Damn if I only I didn't type so slow on the laptop....
    BM Dubyou

2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by david in germany
    Welcome to the forum, We try to be as helpfull as possable but on occasionaly we encourage members to utilize the search function on the main forum page. By using the search function on the main forum page your search will cover all forums on the site. Here is a link to the needed info, I hope you enjoy your stay. Take care and I hope your foglight mod goes well.
    David

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...light=foglight

Keep it up.

You should have moved it to Electrical in the first place. Your super mod slot is now under review.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

Images

Woot! Vacation!
    BM Dubyou

Images
    BM Dubyou

Interesting... I learned "sorta" how to do this on my own.. basically just nigga rigged it .. the high beam ground wire on the headlight plug gets 12V when high beams are off .. that is what powers the fog lights.. and when u put high beams on the high ground wire switches from 12V to a ground.. basically the 12V flows through the head light power wire into the high beam filament and back out into the high beam ground wire..

So u have to give 12V to the high beam ground wire inorder to have foggies work on command. However, switch your high beams on.. and fuses go pop..

Now I go to look at this mod write up and see how they did it.

I also want to see a mod now on how to replace the lens on stock foggies to a clear diamond cut lens or somethin like that to get more light out..

Quote Originally Posted by david in germany
    Super mod slot reinstated.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    I also want to see a mod now on how to replace the lens on stock foggies to a clear diamond cut lens or somethin like that to get more light out..
    Do they make a replacement lens though? Or is this idea never been done with a 5th gen fog light yet? I am not sure I am following you.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

I mean I'd like to either find one on the market or find someone who has done it .. fabricated something themselves..

I could do it outta lexan.. but doesn't the lens help to focus the light?

The lens does not. It only helps to diffuse some of the light. The reflective surface reflects and focuses the light.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

Here's a tip: when you can't use a site's search because the word is too small or something, go to Google ---> advanced search. Put Ctech (or whatever site you're trying to find something on) in the "Only search on this site or domain". Voila, short word search!

TNO

Great pointer. Thanks.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT

Well, I could make some outta like 1/4" scratch resistant lexan..

I'm sure if you heated the fog light enough you could get the light cover off, or you could just break it, and mould some lexan over top. Just like the bumper lights mod, you could use clear lexan or the one that looks like the diamond cut.
    LSD is installed......
    Salon Spa Software for all your management software needs.

I thought I would spam you guys with some fog pics.....

How!?!?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

I don't know about you guys, but when I put my fogs on they don't help much.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

Try 100w H3 bulbs...

My foglights burnout all the time. I love the looks of them just a pain to buy new ones all the time. I bought a pair of PIT foglights and they came with a 1 year warranty, good thing because 1 month later the one was gone, so I just got my FREE replacements today. I was just wondering if everyone has a problem with them burning out quickly? thought it may be due to vibration.
    Either way, I didn't check out the links posted about how to do the conversion or whatever, but I know this: In Canada we must have daytime running lights, so for Canadian Celica's the foglights are always on, which looks better then running car with them off. So if you are having a hard time finding out how to wire them checkout Canadian wiring diagram for Celica, if you can find one. I would post it but it is too small to see clearly.

*SALE*turbo parts for 5sfe:

I can post the canuck wiring schem.

As for the bulbs burning out.. it's probably because you have them on non-stop.. so I would stick to a 55w fog light bulb.. or make some ventilation on the housing lol..

You need HID fogs

You need HID fogs
    I've yet to see non stock fogs look good on Celica, so post a pic and where to get them and I will! Also you have to be careful about going much past stock power rating because wiring was designed w/ limits.
    I believe my bulbs are 55W or 60W

*SALE*turbo parts for 5sfe:

Thread Information