CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default new dyno results! WOOOT

well, since the last dyno, i removed the BTM, and been thinking ALOT about timing.
    with that in mind, i put a little race gas in the tank, and according to the butt-dyno, she felt ALOT better...so, i felt it'd be worth it to drop a few $$ at the dyno and see actually how much better it really was.
    needless to say, i am MORE than happy.
    this is with about a 50/50 mix of race gas. @ 13lbs of boost.
    the lower # is stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    click
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for the specs of my 5sfte

lol @ the hp/torque split ...~230 wheel hp @ 270 ft-lbs of torque

how much torque is that @ the crank ? (do the math you'll be amazed)

congrats ! your setup continues to impresss... knock on wood
    2005 C200 Kompressor sport
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster
    On the way:HKS FCD's (12psi), Remus testpipe (2ndary cat), vortech 2:1 FMU

my blog:

bahhhhwhat?.....wow man that is IMPRESSIVE to say the least. That is the 5sfte??? with all the mods you listed in your postings about turboing?? wow that is nice.

How many miles have you put on the car since you turbo'd it? Any repairs or anything?

I'm just shocked that everything could take that much extra power without breaking something. It makes me happier everytime I read something posted by you knowing I'm following your guide! Thanks!!!!!

*SALE*turbo parts for 5sfe:

thanks nuke. you gotta love the low end grunt of the 5sfte/ct-27 combo =)
    tt, yup, 5sfte, stock unopened 98 longblock with stock metal headgasket, 460cc injectors, and me tuning the SAFCII
    its got about 17k on it since the install of june 05

click

Tyler, just remember Manny has dyno'd his car a couple of times and has fine tuned the thing. Also, his 5sfe is not as old as yours.

Manny you continue to impress me. Hopefully Ill get to see it this summer again.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Good numbers man. Now all you need is a bigger turbo
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

wow, makes me want to put my stuff on before getting the car painted. I traded a set of wheels for a paint job, and i really want it painted before adding the stuff (don't want the guy joy riding before i get to tune it)

98 GST - Greddy Profec Type S, evo valve lash adjusters, FMIC, 660cc Injectors, EVO Big 16g Turbo, 6 BOLT SWAP, and 6 puck clutch

wow impressive man

size="1">1uzfe>W58 5sp Conversion - SSR Professors 18x8.5/10.5 - Bilstein Hypercoil Coilovers - Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust - and a lot more!

Tyler, just remember Manny has dyno'd his car a couple of times and has fine tuned the thing. Also, his 5sfe is not as old as yours.

Manny you continue to impress me. Hopefully Ill get to see it this summer again.
    I know I'm aware he has dyno'd it before I wasn't looking at achieving numbers like that or expecting to hook it up and it's going to connect instantly. I know this takes patience, time, research, and skill. Although my 5sfe is old it has never been abused, always routine maintenance, and check-ups, and I had quite a bit of repairs just recently. It was my Grandma's car before mine, and I know she never abused it. It only has 84k on it, so although yes it is old mine should still be in great shape.

You agree????

Either way Manny. Great job you inspire us all!!

*SALE*turbo parts for 5sfe:

You Da Man Dawg
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

I like this so much more (just reviewed your garage)

you really don't have much for mods...

there's a possible manifold, throttle body, flywheel, pulley upgrade path for you...

300+ft-lbs at the crank is some hotness : )

PS: update sig ; )
    Last edited by nuclearhappines; 04-01-2006 at 09:28 AM.
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster

my blog:

haha naa nuke i wont keep throwing money at it..the only upgrade path ill take at this point, is to finish up my 3sgte, then head back to the dyno for another session on the race fuel mix, and MORE boost.
    hahahaha

click

Manny, your AFRs look good man. I wonder how much more your fuel system can take before its maxed too. Given the torque value it seems like youre getting up there, but the HP value says youre good to go for about 50 more or so.

God, youd have even more HP and have it closer to level with TQ if you had a bigger exhaust and some headwork. You should also get some water injection too. That will knock your HP up about 10-15 as well from what Ive seen. Either way though, nice nice nice.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Quote Originally Posted by Luni
    Manny, your AFRs look good man. I wonder how much more your fuel system can take before its maxed too. Given the torque value it seems like youre getting up there, but the HP value says youre good to go for about 50 more or so.

God, youd have even more HP and have it closer to level with TQ if you had a bigger exhaust and some headwork. You should also get some water injection too. That will knock your HP up about 10-15 as well from what Ive seen. Either way though, nice nice nice.
    luni, from what ive read on the boards, 440 would give me enough fuel for 270whp, i have 460s, so i should be good till at least that.
    as far as exhaust, its already 3" turbo back, so i dont think theres much more there.
    i really wont drop any more $$ into it at this point. except for the occasinal dash of race fuel, im more concerned about getting my 3s ready do drop in, and once thats done ill spend the 60$ to go back to the dyno again, and turn the boost up more.
    if it holds 15-16 psi, ill start taking donations for a set of 550 top feeds, and ill buy the 2.5 bar map, and see just how far we can go with it..lmao then drop the 3s in when its done.
    all my expectations have been more than met and exceeded at this point.
    ive learned TONS about motors in general, and how the whole turbo system works from this project, and that was the goal from the start.
    anything more is just icing on the cake for me at this point

click

Oh, sorry, I should have specified. I meant bigger exhaust side on your head. Ported.. I redundantly stated that with headwork and bigger exhaust. Sorry man.

Yeah 270whp is about the max on the HP side, but because your TQ curve is different on a 5SFTE than on a 3SGTE, Id err on the side of caution with that HP figure. Not to mention youre running top feed injectors. I was reading somewhere that side feed injectors like 3SGTE injectors will run at 100 percent duty cycle and not saturate and overheat.. Top feed ones will. Especially high impedance injectors. So Id err on the side of caution and go for 260 or so HP.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Hit the track and see what times you get now!!!

2000 GT-S (Sold) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1990 GT-S (Wish it was a Real GT-4)

Why is there never enough time for the first time But there is always time for a second?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I really want to try some race gas mix with this damn JDM ECU. I really think it would make a huge difference for us swappers utilizing the JDM computer. There's times in which I can really notice the ECU pulling timing. Pissy 92 octane just doesnt cut it.

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I really want to try some race gas mix with this damn JDM ECU. I really think it would make a huge difference for us swappers utilizing the JDM computer. There's times in which I can really notice the ECU pulling timing. Pissy 92 octane just doesnt cut it.
    Sean, I noticed a huge difference in timing not being pulled when I switched to one step colder plugs than OEM. What are you using?

heres a quick vid of what i see on the dyno screen while doing a run.
    i also talked to bryan "no-shoes" moore, and he advised me that i should be using STD correction instead of SAE at my altitude.
    heres the vid, 2.5MB
    right click save - as

click

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar

holy 10.8:1 a/f batman!

I'm sure you could lean out that top bit and get quite a bit more power out of it. Good job.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

So your getting all this power with only a SAFCII?

2000 GT-S (Sold) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1990 GT-S (Wish it was a Real GT-4)

Why is there never enough time for the first time But there is always time for a second?

Quote Originally Posted by Celicaguy13
    So your getting all this power with only a SAFCII?
    lol, well yea, that and a few other small, unnoticable things....like a turbo and stuff..
    snafu:
    yea, theres definetly some tuning left in it, i dont like the idea of making big corrections with the SAFC, so i err on the safe side of things with it comes to tuning. with that curve you see, there is no more than +- 9% correction.
    i start off real rich when i first mash the gas, then have to add a touch (+3-4%) of fuel at the onset of boost (2800-4500), and then pull it back out and then some (up to -9%) up top..
    most of the more serious removal of fuel is in my lo-throttle map, and is tuned basicly by feel, and EGT temps. not exactly the safest thing to do, but the lo-throttle map is all off-boost condition so its not as critical.
    i figure that just means ill have to run more boost when the 3s is ready! :lolhittin

click

you have your TPS (and not your MAP) wired up to the TPS input on the SAFC, right ?

just wondering ...

how long till you put the 3s in ?

I'm getting hired here soon... I feel like buying you an adjustable cam gear to see if you can unlock that top end : ) ...

-nuke

my blog:

nuke, i have it wired per apexi's instructions for the SAFCII, why do you ask?
    prolly a couple more months before the 3s is ready, im working on preping some parts for coating, then replacing all the gaskets and seals on the motor..ect..

click

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    nuke, i have it wired per apexi's instructions for the SAFCII, why do you ask?
    prolly a couple more months before the 3s is ready, im working on preping some parts for coating, then replacing all the gaskets and seals on the motor..ect..
    Because it's very common to people to hook up the MAP sensor to the TPS imput on the SAFCII. It will then adjust maps for no boost/boost.

Love the power you're making man, definately a breakthrough for those turbocharging the 5SFE. Hell, I'm sure you could sell your kit for a good chunk to some lucky guy to make up for the costs of the 3sgte
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Thread Information