CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Ran through a puddle today...

I was driving to work this morning, and this is the third time this has happened. I ran through a puddle, water splashed up into the engine bay. Battery light came on, car bogged down and lights dimmed hardcore. About 20 seconds later it was fine. I know (at least about 99.9% certain) that the alternator just got wet. Is it normal for the side effects to be that drastic though? I think I have a problem somewhere in my charging system anyways.

That is normal.. where the hell are your splash guards? Your alternator got wet.. usually the belt gets wet... just causes the belt to spin which causes alt to stop generating till the belt spins dry... but in your case you definitly got the alt wet and that ain't cool at all. that musta been helluva puddle!

:imwithstupid:

wet belts own j00

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    That is normal.. where the hell are your splash guards? Your alternator got wet.. usually the belt gets wet... just causes the belt to spin which causes alt to stop generating till the belt spins dry... but in your case you definitly got the alt wet and that ain't cool at all. that musta been helluva puddle!
    Well, ya gotta understand, we had 21 inches of snow melt between thursday and sunday, and it hasn't stopped raining in three days, the only break in our entire 10 day forecast is Friday, the rest is rain showers. The ground is pretty saturated right now

Where the hell do you live dude? Sounds worser than florida rain weather.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ohio...the largest single snow in recorded Ohio history hit us right before xmas.

So I heard about your snowy dilemna.. oh well.. here in eastern pa we are in a snow storm warning.. in my county to boot.. yet it's just pouring rain out and it's below freezing.. go figure? Anyway I hope ya got those splash guards on because they stop a lot of the water from getting up to the belts/accessories.. like the alternator.

Thread Information