CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    serial biochemist mtp_69_i is on a distinguished road mtp_69_i's Avatar
    mtp_69_i has donated to the forums! mtp_69_i helped get Play's clutch job done.

Images

Default bigger radiator for aussie 3SFE?

Hey guys,

Does anybody know of a radiator swap I can do into my 88 ST Celica (3SFE) to improve cooling?

It's the end of summer here in South Australia (aaaaaw! ) but we're still having some pretty hot days (35`C+). It's got me thinking about my radiator. It's so freaking small! I often find the fan is kicking in even after I've been cruising along in the city with moderate stop-start traffic. In my old Holden days the simple thing to do to get over cooling system difficulties was to go and grab the radiator out of a V8 version of your car (usually fat 3 core jobs to put up with nasty aussie heat ) and install it.

I've done a quick search around the forum and found this thread http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...light=radiator where somebody put a honda radiator into their 1990 celica. The benefit here it seemed was it created more space for turbo etc but no improvement in cooling capacity. I'm primarily interested in installing a radiator that will manage the cooling better and thus rely less on the fan to keep things happy.

Let me know if you've got any ideas.
    =================================

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Playfortoday
    First race video that EVER put a smile on my fast. Go little VW.
    bedtime for bonzo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If the 5th generation Celica radiators fit your 4th gen, you may find that the GT-S and Alltrac/GT4 radiator might be what you need. It's twin core and works quite well.
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

Hmm yes it is the bomb..

Btw, stop your end of summer whining.. We (us in northeastern USA) just got done with a shit ass winter.. plus it won't even be that cold down there man! It's been gettin real nice up here now tho

Images

anyone know if a 5th gen radiator fits a 4th gen running the 3SFE?

and btw, bite me Pun :thefinger I surf all fuckin year anyway so I guess yer right.

bedtime for bonzo.

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Yes, it will fit.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Images

sweet, I'll drop mine out and take it to the wreckers, see if I can make a swap or something. Cheers guys!

bedtime for bonzo.

Thread Information