CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Default I can now do your swap wiring for you

I have noticed a lot of people asking me for help with wiring their swaps, getting lost, and having major difficulties after the fact. Although I'm always willing to help people out as I have time, it is difficult to do this via email without seeing the harness myself.

From now on, I am willing to rewire your engine harness for your swap. Here's a quick rundown of what I'd do.

-wire everything to work with the factory plugs, connectors, and fuse box
    -properly solder all connections using heat shrink
    -wrap all wiring with new wire covers, your choice of colour (red, black, etc)
    -extend wiring harness to work with the oem hole in the firewall
    -clean and repair any wiring that is needed
    -remove any extra wiring that is not necessary

I would need both the stock and the new 3SGTE wiring harnesses, in order to retain all the factory plugs. This should make it a simple plug and play job for you. Everything would hook up to the original connectors in your car. I could label them as well if wanted.

Obviously this is more geared towards people doing the more extensive swaps, especially those going between generations of cars. The more simple swaps such as doing a 3nd gen 3SGTE swap into a 5th gen GTS, I would encourage people to do themselves since the wiring is fairly simple. (however I would be willing to do these as well if requested)

I am not running a business, this is just something I am willing to do to help out people here to save them and myself a lot of hassle and contacting me via PM or email. Especially since I am not able to be around a computer at all times to help people out.

Pricing will probably range between $400-500 (canadian) for the most extensive swaps (inter-generational swaps...ie 5th gen engine in a 4th gen, 5th gen engine in a 6th gen, etc). If someone had an easier swap and just needed the wiring harness extended, everything cleaned up, and the 3rd ECU plug wired in, I could do that for a lesser cost that would depend on the specifics of each particular swap.

The harness would be returned looking brand new, and would be a direct plug and play system. The owner should be able to plug it in, and drive away.

The only thing I cannot guaruntee to work like OEM is the A/C on some swaps. In some cases the original A/C system is much different than the new engine's A/C system. In these cases I can wire in a switch to manually turn on the A/C compressor, which would bypass the OEM system.

All extra wiring would be returned to the owner.

If anyone is interested, I can be contacted vai email at chris_dittrick@yahoo.ca , or by PM, where it can be further discussed.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by ChrisD; 01-06-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scam!!!!

Spam!!!!

Admin!! Move This Thread, Ban This Man Now!!
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Info now on my web site: http://www.gtfour.ca/howtoswap.html

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

For all of us in the United States that is $327.10 - $408.88

1991 Celica GT Coupe

Originally Posted by BellaCelica95
    lmao- it's okay cause you rock my socks.
    ^ She's talking about me

Nice site Chris and very informative.

Keep the good stuff coming.
    Toyota_Todd
    Parts Pimp
    Fort Wayne, IN USA

1992 Toyota Celica GT-Four CS conv. "the project"
    2001 Avalon XLS "wifes car & the family truckster"
    1971 VenturaII 2dr Grandma's car "token domestic"

nice. i need mine rewired.

wait.... i dont even have a 3s

YangS

Hey ChrisD is the wiring harness the same for all the model? ex: color of wire (that is still doing what it does).

Because that is what I have been doing with my wiring conversion, don't know if it is done correctly.

Images

No the colours aren't always the same. A lot of the times there are similarities, however there are definitely some differences. The only way to know for sure is to physically check, or to examine the wiring diagram specific to the engine you are working on.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Thread Information