CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The LSD review

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Default The LSD review

WOW! I am SO impressed with this TRD LSD setup! I really hope i never have to experience the dreads of an open differential! Im not sure if my LSD is a 1.5 way, or a 2.0 way, but in regards to acceleration, the difference is just a stomp on the gas pedal away!

Im running my all season winter tires for our snowy cold spokane weather. Ive really been pushing my car in the rain and snow, and i can practically use all of my second gear torque on a wet road surface. Before, the car would just light up the tires in second, regardless of the surface! The difference is pretty crazy, in the corners, i can feel the LSD redistrubuting power correctly, and traction is much more evident versus the past.

I think this probably thee best mod to date on my car, well, its up there with the TWM short shifter, and the 3s thats in there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

where did u get the lsd?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

You can pick them up from chicoraceworks (mister3 on here, and on mr2oc.com) ebay, TRD, and on MR2oc.com

Usually run 500 and up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

which tranny did this go into? S53 FWD or MR2 setup?

Images

93 E-153 MR2

I think the true test, will be this spring with some 60 foot times

Senior GT2 Member Aust162 is on a distinguished road Aust162's Avatar
    Aust162 has donated to the forums!

so u fitted the TRD lsd to the mr2 box? when i 1st read the post i was thinking you had brought an factory mr2 lsd g/box..

Sounds like an awesome end result!! i wish i could affort an lsd box too
    1985 ST162 Celica Sx - 3SGTE SW20 swap.
    Dynoed: 219fwhp @ 13psi (17/3/06)w/wolf3d + 50trim ct26
    *back on the rd 8/2/05
    2001 Yamaha yzf-r6.

can u tell me how an aftermarket lsd is installed? ive always been a little confused about that.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

noooooooooo sean bought an lsd tranni WHOLE. you cannot fit a stock toyota lsd diff in to a non lsd housing. wont work. 93+ in the mr2 was lsd equiped. as far as getting an aftermarket lsd..... its almost as cheap to just get the mr2 lsd tranni. much better upgrade with the driveshafts as well.
    Thomas

90 gt
    3sgte
    57trim ct
    ZT-2 datalog/wideband
    coolingmist water injection
    3rd gen cam
    cp pistons
    walbro fp/ats rail fpr

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

I think he got the MR2 turbo tranny with LSD and it already had the TRD diff in there from the previous owner.

Images

Yes, the TRD unit was already installed in the 93 transmission that i purchased. It installs inside the transmission, and the axels go directly into the LSD.

They do make TRD LSD's for pre 93 models. The LSD's also work in the newer E-153 transmissions from the solora. You can put a 93 OEM LSD into a 91 E-153 tranny, all you need is the 93 inner axels.

thats awsome man. finally someone put one of these in.
    my friends all own DSMs and the ones with front wheel drive always complain about no traction and keep paying for mods and stuff and i always ask why they dont get an LSD. they always say it costs too much...??
    let us know how the 60 foot times go!

AIM: ibanezgfx

Thread Information