CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G Engines Dead?

Default G Engines Dead?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the 2ZZ-GE is the last G-series engine in production.

This kind of mystifies me, because Toyota's new 'performance engines' are both F-series: The '06 Solara's 2GR-FE, and the IS350's 2GR-FE. Any reason why?

edit: I'm retarded, it's the 2ZZ-GE.
    Last edited by Morwan; 02-03-2006 at 07:42 AM.
    Morwan Osman
    Navy Gloss '90 Celica
    Self-hating Toyota fanatic and bench racer.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Morwan
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the 1ZZ-GE is the last G-series engine in production.

This kind of mystifies me, because Toyota's new 'performance engines' are both F-series: The '06 Solara's 2GR-FE, and the IS350's 2GR-FE. Any reason why?
    Look to the economy for the answer on that one. Just because Toyota labels it 'performance' doesn't necessarily mean it is.. besides, after the 2J in 97' and the 3S in the MR2 in 97'.. there really hasn't been a real performance toyota engine out unless you could the 2000+ GTS Celica 2ZZ-GE as one. (me.. personally not, its just a wanna be Honda high reving alumi block paper weight)

Quote Originally Posted by Trance4c
    There really hasn't been a real performance toyota engine out unless you could the 2000+ GTS Celica 2ZZ-GE as one. (me.. personally not, its just a wanna be Honda high reving alumi block paper weight)
    IMHO, the problem with the 2ZZ-GE was that it belonged in the MR-S.. It would've destroyed the S2000 with that engine.
    Morwan Osman
    Navy Gloss '90 Celica
    Self-hating Toyota fanatic and bench racer.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Morwan
    IMHO, the problem with the 2ZZ-GE was that it belonged in the MR-S.. It would've destroyed the S2000 with that engine.
    I don't know about destroyed... but it's got a nice home in the Lotus Elise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

g and f just mean duel over head cam

F Fuel Efficient Head (narrow valve angle)
    G Performance Head (wide valve angle)
    Last edited by SNapper; 02-03-2006 at 10:21 AM.

Thread Information