CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rwd alltrac?

vietstuh

Default rwd alltrac?

i was lookin around and i heard about someone making their alltrac rwd. has anybody heere made their alltrac rwd? i wanna build a drifting alltrac =/

Yeap, do a search for V8 Celica and you should find it.

-Doc
    -Dr Tweak, Toyota engine swap wiring expert extraordinaire

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

its just rear wheel drive now and has a lexus v8 in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

98 GST - Greddy Profec Type S, evo valve lash adjusters, FMIC, 660cc Injectors, EVO Big 16g Turbo, 6 BOLT SWAP, and 6 puck clutch

a half trac?
    Jeff

It's a damn shame.

Awesome swap, but he ruined a Grp A.
    Should've done it to a reg GT4...

do you own an alltrac? I would suggest buying a vintage rwd celica or supra for your purposes.
    Jeff

Find a gutted 165 and have at it.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

I'm with the early celica/supra idea. I don't think the celica would have very good balance or drifting because your awd tranny will be putting alot of weight on the nose.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

or just get a 240 I'm not gonna use mine for drifting though, I think it has a higher calling

Quote Originally Posted by GT4SOM
    I'm with the early celica/supra idea. I don't think the celica would have very good balance or drifting because your awd tranny will be putting alot of weight on the nose.
    If he's going to convert the car to rwd theres no way he can use the awd tranny, and in turn will dump tons of weight. You'd probably benefit from an entire engine/driveline swap.

What the hell do you know?
    Do you even own an alltrac?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmleff
    do you own an alltrac? I would suggest buying a vintage rwd celica or supra for your purposes.
    No kidding!

The alltrac is heavy for a reason, the whole AWD system. Modding the center diff and front axles to make an Alltrac RWD is just as smart as poking out one of your eye’s so you can be different by wearing an eye patch. No point taking a heavy car due to the drivetrain and then disconnecting ˝ of it from the road. If you want a drifting car, you want something nimble and lightweight. Look at a Starlet, 240, Corolla or even heavier, a Supra.

Quote Originally Posted by RIalltrac
    If he's going to convert the car to rwd theres no way he can use the awd tranny, and in turn will dump tons of weight. You'd probably benefit from an entire engine/driveline swap.
    Well I would think the most conventional way would be just to remove the front axels now if he's planning on doing a rwd setup, I would still think the car is a heavy ass pig. I think the only way he could make a decent drift celica is if he setup a rwd 3sgte with alot of horse power and a very good suspension. I think if you go any bigger then a I4 it will weight the car down to much in the front. I don't really think that V8 celica can drift really well. Oh yeah and definately look at getting some coil overs for that

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78
    Oh yeah and if your talking to me, no I don't, and I prefer not to because of their weight. I've seen vids of a integra with a CRV tranny with the front axels pulled, that thing drifts great and I'm sure its because of its light weight that it doesn't require much power.

(not going to hijack this thread, but I've always dreamed of making a reg 6 gen into RWD or AWD)

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78

You want a piece of this? Bring it

Soon enough, buddy, soon enough...
    Shit, I forgot to call you back. I'll try as soon as I'm done stuffing my fat face...

Oh yeah and if your talking to me, no I don't
    Naw man, I was just messing with Chris....
    I don't play shit that way.....

If you insist on making an Alltrac rwd, DO NOT use the stock transmission. That is totally pointless....
    You need to make the car a true rwd, with the engine the other way.

GT4SOM, actually, if you use the Lexus 4.0 [1UZFE?], it comes out a slight bit lighter, with more of the weight twards the center of the car...
    According to Justin [guy who did the Grp A to V8].
    Changed from 60/40 to like 57/43...

I think if you go any bigger then a I4 it will weight the car down to much in the front. I don't really think that V8 celica can drift really well. Oh yeah and definately look at getting some coil overs for that
    so you havent seen those v8, v10 and larger drift cars yet?

power to weight, aerodynamics and suspension are the keys to all high performance automotive sports
    --Nick

1991 All Trac
    2000 Solara SE v6

You name one V8 that has won a drift competition.

And if one did? It's not like it would be an amazing accomplishment. The judging in a drift competition is about as objective as figure skating competitions or a chili cookoff. :thumbsdow
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

The pontiac Gto won the last one, and the viper was in the top 3.

It was on the cover of a few tuning magazines.
    There is also a peice in "speed" om it.

I would vote taking the 3s, make new mounts and then get the rwd 3sgte tranny from toysport and have at it.

I almost got an alltrac shell just to build a rwd car out of it.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

faulken mustang did some damage in the japan vs. us drift competition and i check this video of that exact v8 celica its pretty pissed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99rNv...&search=celica

Yeah but are you guys aware of the kind of modification it takes to make those cars drift properly without all the understeer and spin outs? GTO is hacked up, the suspension is far from stock, especially the steering.Right from the dealership I bet none of those cars can drift if they only had the suspension mildly modified.
    Would there be a problem with the steering rack on the alltrac if you used a rwd tranny?

theres a company making "spools" that replace the front differential on an wrx to make them rear wheel drive so they can drift.
    2009 Camry - 19" OZ Racing Canova Rims, Custom mounted wing, Tein solara lowering springs
    2000 celica gt-s - custom widebody, full hotckiss racing suspension
    1994 celica st - interior & exterior restoration complete
    1993 celica gt-four - rolling chassis looking for a clip
    1991 celica gt-four - fully restored
    1991 mr2 - 5vz-fe swapped race car

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

ummmm..... you do realise you can AWD drift its just much much more difficult and you can't sustain more than one or two turns if your lucky

Wrc drivers do it all the time ... theres two alltracs in that video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJnM...ch=wrc%20drift

Thread Information