CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default power steering replacement and hose

ok. i have to change my power steering pump and hi side hose. i did not want to do this now. i swaping motors in may. is there a fix for the hose leak ? ive put that sealer in it , but after a week or so , its sqealing again. and if i keep buying that stuff , ill have 3 times as much as repair. was in a hurry last week and took it to a local shop for an oil change and he took a look and said it the hi pressure hose and the pump. i have not gotten in there good to take alook at it yet. just wanna get some options. i have delt with power steering systems on the corollas i have delt with in the past. and it looks to be the same system , so replacing the hose and pump would be simple. did not know if anyone had any tricks to stop the leak , its seems to be at the joint, but have not got en down in there. also , when i swap in the new motor is there any upgrades can preform to make it a better system ?
    thanks charles

The sealer will slow the rate of leakage but not stop it completely.

Just replace the hose first and not the pump - see if that works well enough to save you the money and hassle.

The hose leaking is a common problem with 5th gens. They all get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

what sealer did you use? i replaced high pressure hose on mine and used the lucas power steering fluid supposed to "stop leaks" like coldax says it doesnt stop it but at least it slows it down enough so it wont get to expensive

Thread Information