CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default What transmission in what model?

Which model Celicas came with the S53 transmission? ST, GT, GTS? I ask because when looking for parts online or calling salvage yards, they never seem to know if they have the S53 vs the C52 or the ECT ones, they only seem to know what car it came out of. I'm guessing that the C52 came in the ST and the S53 came in the GT and GTS? Also, somewhat of a related question, are the shift cables different for the C52 vs the S53?

I was bored at work so I googled this right qwik for ya. Try checking the web site as well for stuff as I guess it's some kind of auction site

www.gmcauction.com

Call 1-800-690-7211 to Purchase NOW!

Celica 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993 manual transmission; 2wd, Gt and Gts (5sfe engine)

5 speed manual transmission
    S53 trans.
    Final drive ratios may differ between models & years.

Will get more later

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Drive fast, crash never.

Okay I'm back and after careful consideration I felt it best that you have the fun of looking yourself so you can get that sense of fullfillment. But I will help point you in the right direction since we're all in this together. The link below is for a Toyota information page I found. It has lots and lots of links for Toyota related stuff. Now it's on you to dig thru it and find what you need. I hope this helps your search. Have fun.
    http://www.geocities.com/kalalahti/tm_index.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Drive fast, crash never.

Depends on your car, market and engine.
    My ST182 came with a S52 mated to a 2nd gen 3S-GE while in the US it was an S53 coupled with a 5S-FE

92 ST182 Euro/JDM Spec
    2nd Gen 3S-GE

LIKE A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER LIFE GOES FASTER NEAR THE END

I didn't find much online, but my Chilton's book states that all 90-93 Celicas, 2WD with 4AFE engines use the C52 transaxle, and all 2WD with 5SFE use the S53. And (at least in North America) the only 5th gen Celica to use the 4AFE was the AT180, the ST. So according to the Chilton's book, the GT and GTS both came with the S53. Does this sound about right?

Like I said... S53 for the NADM Celicas with the 5S-FE engine

92 ST182 Euro/JDM Spec
    2nd Gen 3S-GE

LIKE A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER LIFE GOES FASTER NEAR THE END

Thread Information