CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Power steering pump or hose?

I just started getting a squeeling noise thats getting LOUDER and louder as i turn my wheel or accelerate in even a straight line. I let the car sit over night and when i came to it i noticed power steering fluid on the ground, looks to be right above the pump (if im correct), but when lookin in the resivour it was full.. Im not a mechanic by any means but what would be the best way to see if it is a hose or the pump. Thanks for the help.

1991 GT

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco GRUMPY514 Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. GRUMPY514's Avatar
    GRUMPY514 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

It does that when you have a leak. Guessing you blew one of your hoses.

PS is a huge problem in many celicas, best way to find out is get under car (best is car lift so u can stand underneath and check it out) and just look for glossy lines with PS on them. In my case the PS fluid went down a LOT when i reversed it shot it all over the pavement.

Its a hose just get under and see which hose it is. Only 2 i think

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Asinine
    The homoerotic undertone in this thread is so thick you could cut it with a butt plug.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Kaiser
    I'd sell my grandmother into slavery for a night with her.......

open the resivour and take a 2nd look inside of it. normally the ps fluild kind of stains them on the outside so that they look like they are full when they can be empty.

like grumpy said, you have to get under the car and find the source of the leak
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

thx i found out its the high pressur, ive disconnected everything but cant unbolt the hose from the pump! How do i get at it (what tools, tips anythign!), ive spent the entire day on it, help me out!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco GRUMPY514 Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. GRUMPY514's Avatar
    GRUMPY514 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Dont think much is needed just a little elbow greese along with taking the clampz off

Originally Posted by Asinine
    The homoerotic undertone in this thread is so thick you could cut it with a butt plug.

Originally Posted by Kaiser
    I'd sell my grandmother into slavery for a night with her.......

theres no leverage, no where to turn it, do i need to take the pump off? anybody!?

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

taking the pump off might make it easier.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

You don't have to pull the pump to remove the hose.
    It might make it a bit easier though, and will be cleaner when you're installing the new one.

It should be a 17mm bolt.

Just a warning, if you remove the pump, reinstalling the belt and tightening it can be a bitch.

thx for the help, the bolt is 22mm and i freakin gave up after spending the entire day on it and stripping the pump bolts, i was so close too :/

Thread Information