CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default race i had awhile back..

this was probly my favorite race i have done before, even though it was kind of an "accidental racce" and kind of a bad idea because i put other peoples lives in danger but...

ok well, i was out with my ex girlfriend, her sister, and her best friendwe had went to the mall or somewhere that night, but she had to be home at a certain time (at 10:30) and the time was 10:20... and it was a 20 minute drive to her house...

so im driving pretty fast trying to get herhome in time weaving through traffic and stuff, then at a stop light im revving my engine a little bit so i can get a good start off, but what i didnt know was there was a guy in a modded VW jetta right next to me, and him hearing me rev my engine he thought i was challenging him, but i didnt notice him because i was talking to my girl

so the light turns green, before i even react i hear tires squealing and his taillights in front of me so im just like oh shit this mofo wants to race! i mash the gas and catch up to him when i get to 3rd and pass him to where hes about 1-2 car lengths behind me (and at this time my girls sister and best freind were goin crazy panicking in the back seat lol because im goin like 80+ on one of the busiest streets in the city) but then all of a sudden he just SHOOTS right past me and im just like i actually thought i smelled nitrous but wasnt too sure, plus i figured he wouldnt use nitrous on a race that wasnt that serious..

so neways i try to catch up but once i reach about 115 mph i just slow down because i got tired of the girls in the back yelling at me, but the guy was at a stop light ahead so i pull up next to him but before we get to talk the light turns green and we had to go our seperate ways, but when he pulled off i heard a turbo under the hood when he shifted gears so that just made me think he was toying with me the whole time anyway (i was at a bad disadvantage lol, my car is stock and i had 3 extra people in the car adding weight)

but anyways it was fun, i still see the guy driving around sometimes and i want a rematch haha next chance i get

i also raced a truck that night and won, but mainly because the guy stopped after we hit 90mph

cant wait till i finally get some mods on my car though

P.S. - i still got my girl home on time the clock turned exactly 10:30 when i pulled in her driveway, but i was driving 100+ most of the time especially when i got on the back roads and the girls were goin crazy the whole time, i just laughed at them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

good kill on the truck, ya those turbo vdubs can be quick, i had a freind who had one, the thing was a monster, he would walk on corvettes all day.

be prepared for people bitching about ur speeding thoughlol
    Last edited by fiveSFE; 11-12-2005 at 06:44 PM.
    i miss my celica
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

this isn't drag racing, this is street racing. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothtuner
    this isn't drag racing, this is street racing. There is a difference.

there has already been a few discussions about posting racing stories in here, please dont start up a new one
    i miss my celica

Im not starting up anything. I made a comment on naming conventions in reply to someone's public post. If a mod wants to remove it, so be it. I have no qualms about sharing my opinion.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco angryyoungnpoor is on a distinguished road

Images

it is both a street race and a drag race. Drag races are basically straight shot races mono y mono.

As far as weaving through traffic.. don't do it. I'm not one to down street racing, because we all do it, just.. not in traffic.. That's the dumbest thing you can do. Plus the fact that you had others in your car.

oh.. I beat a probe tonight. Yaay... not a big deal.
    1990 White GTS/W swap ///// 1992 RED GT

make a street racing form for us street racers??? just an idea but it would keep from having this problem of drag racer ragging on street racers and vice versa....just my opinion
    What ever floats your boat, might not float my yacht. :thefinger

lol i actually like weaving through traffic... its just fun to me, i guess more of a rush and ya kinda feel like your going faster

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by PapiChulo
    lol i actually like weaving through traffic... its just fun to me, i guess more of a rush and ya kinda feel like your going faster
    You need to drop this attitude. You are endagering people around you, and eventually its going to catch up with you.

I strongly advise that you rethink your driving habits. Understand?

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

Sweet race man. Trick yo car out wit intake, headerzzzz, exhaust, and a few vtec stickers and youll be smoking anthing that comes your way.
    Chaz
    Red st165
    Red st185
    Black ae92

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco angryyoungnpoor is on a distinguished road

Images

Quote Originally Posted by big_C_tothe_Z
    Sweet race man. Trick yo car out wit intake, headerzzzz, exhaust, and a few vtec stickers and youll be smoking anthing that comes your way.
    hm.. I thought it was vtak.
    1990 White GTS/W swap ///// 1992 RED GT

No its VCRAP. You can probably take that dude if he stops being a baby and always going for his bottle know what i am saying. those 1.8 T may have a turbo but there only pushing about a buck 30-40 out of the box. Turbo your car and then have some more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by urban_legend
    make a street racing form for us street racers??? just an idea but it would keep from having this problem of drag racer ragging on street racers and vice versa....just my opinion
    While this is a good idea to get street racing and drag racing separated, the creation of a forum dediccated to street racing can be viewed as an endorsement by Celicatech. We are very against that idea.

As for PapiChulo, I am glad you are many states away from me. I like having my family remain unslaughter by ignorance on the streets.

Edit: I mean people like you.
    Last edited by Playfortoday; 11-23-2005 at 04:32 AM.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

damn those are some sadd stories, and i remember the one in Arizona when it happened, i was close to that area at the time, and i remembered seeing the abulances rushing down the road, and i founed out later on the news all about it.
    i miss my celica

Thread Information