CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Default Good Idea to kick this forum off...

There's a few things we can do to make this forum successful. I was thinking that lots of us have/have had a type of engine management, and they usually all differed. I've used megasquirt, Chris has used SMT, and I'm sure there are those of you who've used Emanage and other types of piggybacks/standalones.

Those who have a type of managment should start a new thread consisting of a description, pictures, pros/cons, and some tech topics regarding them.

For instane, the wideband topic we had in the Forced induction forum would be a good tech topic, and we have some good info in there.

I'll be happy to post all about megasquirt. Unfortionately I don't have any way to host them directy, Imagestation doesn't allow fo that anymore. If celicatech could host them, I'd be more than happy to do a write up; assembly, install, and tune. This of course is if we have a demand for it.

What do you guys think?

-Colin
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I know a few people have some things planned. I am going to do add a LOT of info on the SMT6, including installation, how it works, tuning, and AFM removal.

Anything you want to share is welcomed! If you need a place to host pictures, let me know. Email them to me @ chris_dittrick@yahoo.ca and I will host them on celicatech, so long as they contribute to the forum's purpose.

I look forward to the discussions in this forum a lot.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll be assembling a Megasquirt unti here soon which I plan to document. I'll start a thread after I get it done and some good pics taken.

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Kickass man. If you need any help or have questions, ask me.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD
    I know a few people have some things planned. I am going to do add a LOT of info on the SMT6, including installation, how it works, tuning, and AFM removal.

Anything you want to share is welcomed! If you need a place to host pictures, let me know. Email them to me @ chris_dittrick@yahoo.ca and I will host them on celicatech, so long as they contribute to the forum's purpose.

I look forward to the discussions in this forum a lot.
    I to will be right behind you...ill be working more with the SMT7 now that you are putting alot of time into the smt6

For people reading this i am the dealer for the SMT line of products if you want some more basic information check out my website at www.sea2skytuning.com

Chris and everyone keep up the good work...finally people are seeing the real potential of this unit!
    -Johnny
    ------------------

New site is up!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Weasy2k
    I to will be right behind you...ill be working more with the SMT7 now that you are putting alot of time into the smt6

For people reading this i am the dealer for the SMT line of products if you want some more basic information check out my website at www.sea2skytuning.com

Chris and everyone keep up the good work...finally people are seeing the real potential of this unit!
    For sure, thanks dude.

Just to vouch for Johnny...he has been a huge help to me for providing a tonne of info about the smt products. Also pretty much walked me through the install step by step. Anyways, I'd recommend to anyone here to do business with him.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Thanks for the kudos Chris. I back everything i sell 100% thats why i havent sold the SMT7 to the public yet because i am making sure it works correctly first so i can be prepaird for the questions
    -Johnny
    ------------------

New site is up!

Yeah if anyone needs pictures hosted either get admin@celicatech.net or chris and we will make it happen.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Thread Information