CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default AllTrac Facts Thread

I don't know if this was posted up yet.. but I'd like to start a thread containing All Trac facts.. more things to be added later I'm sure.

#1. What is the stock exhaust pipe diameter?
    #2. On an early 2nd gen 3sgte, was it a 7 or 9 bolt exhaust manifold?
    #3. I believe the valve angle is 45 degree's? Am I right?
    #4. How different is the clutch if at all from an S-53 or a turbo MR2 LSD tranny? As in could I swap the AT clutch or is that a complete no?
    #5. Ignition system, from what I can tell there is a distributor, not DLI?
    #6. The ECU uses an AFM.. This can be mounted anywhere before the turbo, or as close as possible to the turbo? Is there a MAP sensor swap available? If so some info please.
    #7. That is all I can come up with for now, Thank You to the people who help to answer these questions and future questions as well...

#1. What is the stock exhaust pipe diameter?
    ~2.25"

#2. On an early 2nd gen 3sgte, was it a 7 or 9 bolt exhaust manifold?

#3. I believe the valve angle is 45 degree's? Am I right?
    22 for F head, 45 for G head

#4. How different is the clutch if at all from an S-53 or a turbo MR2 LSD tranny? As in could I swap the AT clutch or is that a complete no?
    on 2nd generation, most plate and disc can be used

#5. Ignition system, from what I can tell there is a distributor, not DLI?
    yes, it uses distributor

#6. The ECU uses an AFM.. This can be mounted anywhere before the turbo, or as close as possible to the turbo? Is there a MAP sensor swap available? If so some info please.
    HKS VPC, ST205 setup, or Stand Alone EMS
    Last edited by Gary; 10-22-2005 at 05:40 AM.
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you say ST205 setup gary, I assume you mean 3rd gen 3sgte.. so I would need to change what all for that? (don't say the whole motor) lol..

I know on like the 4AGE's, they were AFM, but there was a wiring shit that could be done to make them MAP, relatively inexpensive..

You will have to redo the wiring (don't ask me which ones, check the EWD) From the top of my head, you will need MAP sensor, IAT sensor, Ignitor, and MAT sensor. The ignitor should be the same as the 5SFE, someone correct me if I'm wrong. By the way, if you are planning to do this, go with 94-95 JDM MR2 ecu and you don't need to worry about code 54.
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you!

Should sticky this whore

Also, don't forget that ST205 or 3rd gen ECU is tuned for 550cc injectors.
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

90/91 and some 92 [like mine] came with 7 bolt.
    ecus are different also.
    So are ac compressors.

Problem with running the ST205 ecu on a 2nd g 3S is it's tuned for smaller intake runners*, no T-VIS, smaller head ports [I believe], ect.
    While the engine will run, it's not the most effecient idea for a MAP based system....

While you can use a MR2 clutch [I happen to have a MR2 clutch disc in mine right now], it's only a 4 spring disc.
    The Alltrac uses a 6 spring disc.

AFM needs to be mounted before the turbo. Easiest to mount stock, but can be moved around. Probably [slightly] more accurate the closer to the turbo you get.
    As for removing the AFM, check this out.
    http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10055

*The 2nd gen 2 runner size is larger than the 3rd g single runner size.

What on the underbody of an alltrac is swappable to a GTS.. I am going to put the 3SGTE in my GTS.. so what NEEDS to be swapped over and what is better on the alltrac that could be swapped over to GTS?

Nothing.
    Only thing you might need is the engine crossmember, depending on what transmission you use.
    Everything else would have to be welded in, and would convert your GTS to awd.

so nothing in the front.. lower control arms.. suspension anything like that in the front?

Nope. Only thing different is the sway bar, which is thicker.
    However, it is molded to fit the Alltrac chassis. Which, due to the drivetrain tunnel is shaped different.

You already mentioned brakes, right?
    You might as well swap the whole shebang for those. Dust/heat shield and all.
    Also, if your GTS has abs, and the 'Trac doesn't, you could swap that.
    Use the Alltrac cruise control too. It will fit better.

Mine doesn't have ABS. However if the alltrac does.. I could swap it over? It's jsut 2 wheel ABS right?

Front lines are all that is different with abs in the 5th gens.
    However, the abs controller is different for the ST184/5. I believe because of different braking proportion, due to awd.

Anyways, you would also need all 4 abs sensors, the ecu, controller and lines. All the rest of the wiring [should] be in the car already.
    Not really worth it.

Exactly.. fuq ABS..

I ain't sure if I will put the front brakes on or not.. what is different about them again? Just a larger rotor.. ?

Larger rotor, larger/wider caliper/bracket.
    Also, ABS Celicas had a slightly larger brake master cyl. So if yours is non abs, and that one has abs, there's another upgrade for you.

How many miles are on the car you picked up?

like 160,xxx

I don't think it has ABS.. so if I wanted to convert to the front brake setup I would need to take the brake assembly off at the wheels, the proportioning valve off the firewall, but the MC is the same if it's a non-abs?

If yours is a non abs also, all you will need is the rotors, calipers, and caliper brackets.
    You can also use the heat sheild/dust guard, but you don't have to.
    It's held on by torx bolts, I believe. Take some vise grips to 'em.

Thread Information