CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco BlueDragon will become famous soon enough BlueDragon's Avatar

Images

Default Get it right the first time... Save money. 3SGTE build discussion.

Alright I just want to find out from experienced members what will go best with what I already have picked out for my Alltrac 3sgte re-build. I have a dual feed fuel rail I plan to put 720 injectors into. A 57 Trim CT26 with manual boost controller. To be managed by HKS F-con. I have an oil cooler also. Im getting JE pistons for 9:0:1 compression and Rods to match them. I want stainless valves maybe 1mm over 3rd gen cams 3 angle job atleast... HKS valve springs. ACL main bearings. ARP connectors all throughout. Some type of Metal headgasket but what kind? Any intercooler suggestions I havnt even gotten into that area yet. Some kind of tubular turbo manifold and DP custom 3 back to 3 tip. Thats about all I can think of, plz give me suggestions... pointers etc or experiences youve had. I wanna do this once and do it right.. Thanks alot
    :thefinger

/BANNED

Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta's Avatar
    Ricksta has donated to the forums!

yea well im the unexperienced one here and i dont kno wut the fuck u jus said...lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Azzazzyn
    the fact that you would nut while fucking another man's skull says a lot about you
    ~DISCLAIMER~
    Please be aware before you feed me, I may or may not be trolling you.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm not sure either but I'd like to see what you need. I plan on swapping sometime in the future.

/BANNED

Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta's Avatar
    Ricksta has donated to the forums!

same here...ima buy the 2nd gen motor in a couple of months...i wont be able to go into detail wut the hell needs done to it...ima jus go with wutever the peeps from celicatech tell me to do..lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Azzazzyn
    the fact that you would nut while fucking another man's skull says a lot about you
    ~DISCLAIMER~
    Please be aware before you feed me, I may or may not be trolling you.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragon
    Alright I just want to find out from experienced members what will go best with what I already have picked out for my Alltrac 3sgte re-build. I have a dual feed fuel rail I plan to put 720 injectors into. A 57 Trim CT26 with manual boost controller. To be managed by HKS F-con. I have an oil cooler also. Im getting JE pistons for 9:0:1 compression and Rods to match them. I want stainless valves maybe 1mm over 3rd gen cams 3 angle job atleast... HKS valve springs. ACL main bearings. ARP connectors all throughout. Some type of Metal headgasket but what kind? Any intercooler suggestions I havnt even gotten into that area yet. Some kind of tubular turbo manifold and DP custom 3 back to 3 tip. Thats about all I can think of, plz give me suggestions... pointers etc or experiences youve had. I wanna do this once and do it right.. Thanks alot
    :thefinger
    First off.

You do not need 720cc injectors for any type of CT-26, so do something different for that. Either get a larger turbo, or get smaller injectors. I would reccomend investing in a larger turbo.

I would stay away from JE pistons if you can. There's been claims that there incorrect with there compression ratio figures. Check out mr2oc.com, and look in the group buy forum. Theres a killer deal on CP pistons right now, 495 shipped, cant beat them.

Exhaust plans sound good. As far as intercooler, google search Meghan racing, decent, cheap FMIC. Definitely go with a front mount intercooler.

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco BlueDragon will become famous soon enough BlueDragon's Avatar

Images

okay great thanks for the tips...

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco angryyoungnpoor is on a distinguished road

Images

-I thought it was megan.. hm.. Yeah, they have good shit. I have springs from them, muffler, and soon to be front mount and oil catch can. I'd go with some 8.5:1 pistons, as they are good for boosting. Don't bother with upgrading the ct-26 turbo. You'll only get so much out of that thing. Save up.. get a TD06 or something similar. You'll be much happier with that.
    -Plan on a blow off valve?
    -With the manifold.. save your money, go with the one that goes with the TD06.
    -Deffinately invest in a Walbro Fuel Pump if you're planning on any power.
    -Clutch. Gonna need that to hold the power. Don't get too carried awy with the engine mods until you are sure your car can handle it.
    -May wanna go with some decent tires.

I'd have more, but I'm currently still getting all my parts to finish up the swap.
    1990 White GTS/W swap ///// 1992 RED GT

Images

Cool... yeah I wasnt sure what compression would be best... i had the instinct to drop it but then ppl kep saying thats bad for some reason?? Ok and for going with FMIC would it be better to use a 5sfe intake manifold it has a bigger plenum and its side feed so you reduce your heat soak... but then any FMIC kit i buy wont fit i would assume??... sigh
    yes i plan on a BOV somewhere on the FMIC piping. I already figured on the pump... and ive already sent the turbo to be upgraded its done already so thats what im working with for now. I can always go bigger and use this one on another car... thats why i figured ide go ahead and put the 720 injectors, it shouldnt hurt anything i mean your computer only opens them as much as you need even when you smash the gas pedal right??? whats it to hurt? ok well thanks again this is a good brainstorm and i think ill buy this pistons from that site thanks alot

Images

oh and this isnt a swap but im sure you guys that swap have good info too, but just keep in mind this is an ALLTRAC. Not that it changes much but yeah. Im proud to own one. My second now. weeeeeee

Images

YOu want to use the 1st gen 3sge manifold if you want side feed. Any kits you find aren't going to be worth it.. just make your own. wrap it around the mani and then the other side should just go straight up into the inlet. unless you plan on clocking the turbo..

Images

ok now ill look stupid and ask whats clocking the turbo??
    and wondering will my HKS F-con tune itself to my engine or will i hafta drive this car 5 hours to have it dynod when im done??

Images

ok wondering who knows the diff between the hks and the stock 3rd gen cams in duration i cant find the specs and im tired... sleepy time

Yeah dude, if youre gonna build for 720s, you need to get a much bigger turbo than a CT26. You should look into a T3/T4, or a Garret GT series turbo for that. Whats the point of building up your motor if youre going to run a shitty turbo on it?

Also do the turbo right. Dont run a line up and around. Clock the turbo. Do it right.

And the side feed ST162 intake manifold is an excellent idea as well.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Images

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...ht=clock+turbo My page that ended up making me clock the turbo. Clocking means.. to move it down, up, sideways, whatever way possible. It takes the U bend off the top. I'm not yet sure about clearance from the radiator though. Nor the advantages.

Images

okay i understand that, i dont get why all these peeps run their FMIC piping up over the turbo manifold thats stupid!! Specialy when its just as simple as loosing and rotating your housing... jesus. But damn I didnt think the CT26 was that bad a platform, I just want a semi-decent spool time and around 20 PSI so thats what I asked for with my upgrade he said it would do 20 and it would still spool by 3000... Im going to rallycross this car not drag it so.... with that in mind do you suggest smaller injectors??? thanks

Images

550's would be all you'd need.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragon
    okay i understand that, i dont get why all these peeps run their FMIC piping up over the turbo manifold thats stupid!! Specialy when its just as simple as loosing and rotating your housing... jesus. But damn I didnt think the CT26 was that bad a platform, I just want a semi-decent spool time and around 20 PSI so thats what I asked for with my upgrade he said it would do 20 and it would still spool by 3000... Im going to rallycross this car not drag it so.... with that in mind do you suggest smaller injectors??? thanks
    Not that simple. Its not that bad, but it isnt simple. The wastegate actuator bracket must be modified to clear.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

you need a metal head gasket. Well it seem you are either going to .020 over or .040 over. I recomend .020 because thats what Im doing sometime this week to my block. Ive talked to m2 builders and recomend going .020 over. Oh, about the metal head gasket, www.enginelogics.com sell two of them if your planning on going .020 over.

Images

RIGHT all i NEEd but would 720s hurt if i decide on a bigger turbo some day?? i think mr2 handle better anyway on autocross?? anyone kknow? ok thanks celfatic i guess ill try that .20

Thread Information