CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

Default aftermarket clutch questions between a alltrac and a gt?

Let me explain my situation real quick here. I have a 90gts and a 91 alltrac. My gts has an aftermarket clutch I love. My alltrac has an oem clutch that the previous owner had replaced at a toyota dealership. My question is will the clutch from my gts swap into the alltrac? Will it fit and will it work. They only reason I want to do this is to avoid spending alot of money on an aftermarket clutch and because I love the throw in my gts. The stock clutch isnt really that great in my alltrac. Any help would be appreciated!

No, they are not interchangeable. The Transmission on the Alltrac has a different input shaft on it than the GTS transmission.

It's possible you could get a similar (or the same) clutch for your Alltrac.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Dave
    "Mechanical engineers do it with less energy and greater efficiency."

Holligan is correct.
    Aside from the input shaft, the Alltracs pressure plate needs to be stronger. And the clutch disc is a 6 spring, while the GTS is a 4 spring.
    So, even tho your GTS clutch is upgraded, it probably won't last long in the Alltrac [if it would fit].

The "throw"?
    I take it you mean the shifter?
    They should be the same for the 2 cars.
    Ease of gear engagement is different.
    The Alltrac has a MUCH beefier transmission. With that comes weight. Which makes butter smooth shifts alot harder. Pretty much impossible in the Alltrac.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information