CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Thinking of getting rid of the celica...

Okay well I took my car up to the mountains and on the way back the oil light came on. I checked the oil level and it was at the Low mark. I keep driving since I was only a few blocks away from home... then the things starts knocking. I put in thicker old and the engine appears to be knocking louder. I think the engine is on it's way out. What can I do? Rebuild?

The thing about this car is that it's an automatic and the tranny is also going bad. It doesn't shift properly anymore. I figured I might just sell it and get a different toyota car...

I was thinking more of the '70-'84 RWD celica or the celica supras.

How much should I ask for my celica? It's a 1990 Celica GTS, Black, 148k miles, Moonroof, leather, tape player, and stock rims are sprayed gold. I was thinking about $2000.

Ultimo Miembro FantŠstico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

Your seting your expectations a little high for the condition the car is in. youll get $1,000 at most if your lucky. the RWD Celi and the Celi Supra are verry fun project cars from what ive heard and read but it will be a lot of time and money to invest so i would look for a daily driver somthing cheap with good MPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Buy a cheap crate 5S from ebay.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeah, 2g sounds a bit high for a high mileage 90 with a on the way out engine and transmission......

part out the body panels and seats to me if you live somewhat close to Colorado, I'll show up with wrenches and cash

Where are you located?If you near PA. I might want it but not for 2g's Let me know.
    Last edited by Neonmerlin17; 10-06-2005 at 05:02 AM.
    I'm broke so is my car.Got parts you want to get rid of let me know:??:

Where ya live buddy? What color is the body and what condition is the body/interior?, nevermind color I see u said black.. so what color is interior.. etc.

Thread Information