CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    crystalalien87

Default 7th gen racing chip

I was just wondering if there are any racin chips for the celica? This guy at work that i am pretty cool with said he has an friend that has an chip in his celi but wasnt sure the brand but he said when ever he gets an chance he would ask him. but any info would help.

I never heard about a racing chip for a 00+ celica. The only thing I know that might help with performance is Power FC from Apexi, but its an engine management system:

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/ap...gts_2000_.html

Quote Originally Posted by tomeks
    I never heard about a racing chip for a 00+ celica. The only thing I know that might help with performance is Power FC from Apexi, but its an engine management system:

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/ap...gts_2000_.html
    for sure that would be the best bet for a stand alone ecu. If you get it through monkeywrenchracing you have a option to choose a preloaded map from a few choices. OF COURSE YOU STILL HAVE TO DYNO TUNE IT before it will work 100% Just because its preloaded doesnt mean it is perfect for your engine. All engines are different in their special way this is why.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 GT-S (Sold) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1990 GT-S (Wish it was a Real GT-4)

Why is there never enough time for the first time But there is always time for a second?

the only "chip" is the unchip which im not too impressed with....im pretty familiar with all the mods possible on the celica so i know BS when i hear it...and im hearing BS
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Quote Originally Posted by Smaay
    the only "chip" is the unchip which im not too impressed with....im pretty familiar with all the mods possible on the celica so i know BS when i hear it...and im hearing BS
    Hearing what BS? The unichip is not the "only" ecu for the celica. I have to agree with you though, the unichip is not great at all, but the Apexi Power FC is a great chip with "proven" gains.

Why is there never enough time for the first time But there is always time for a second?

It is NOT a "chip" the PFC is a complete ECU replacement!, all the others are piggyback systems...the unichip is not an ECU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smaay
    It is NOT a "chip" the PFC is a complete ECU replacement!, all the others are piggyback systems...the unichip is not an ECU!!!
    Since when is the word "chip" dedicated to a piggyback system? Usually when the word "racing chip" is used, it usually has something to do with modifying or replacing the existing ECU. If a standalone ECU isn't a computer "chip" then what is it? IMO a Complete Standalone ECU deserves the title as "Racing chip" instead of a piggyback system which deserves something like... "air/fuel converter" or "ECU tricker"

whatever dude, im not gonna argue with ya over something this trivial...

Quote Originally Posted by Celicaguy13
    Since when is the word "chip" dedicated to a piggyback system? Usually when the word "racing chip" is used, it usually has something to do with modifying or replacing the existing ECU. If a standalone ECU isn't a computer "chip" then what is it? IMO a Complete Standalone ECU deserves the title as "Racing chip" instead of a piggyback system which deserves something like... "air/fuel converter" or "ECU tricker"

Think about a chip in terms of a mini piggyback to the ECU. For example, my brother's 2002 Dodge Ram turbo diesel is "chipped". Meaning, he has a secondary computer chip soldered to his ECU that allows him to plug in a handheld control unit to alter and choose from a series of preconfigured performance "stages".

A "chip" should NEVER be used as a term to describe a full standalone ECU... that's extremely misleading. Not to mention, talking about a "racing chip" just makes you sound retarded.

$0.02
    Chris

2006 Scion tC - Daily driver
    1993 Celica AllTrac - Goal: 400awhp

1994 Celica GT - sold (04/06)
    1999 Integra LS - sold (10/05)
    2000 Celica GT-S - sold (2/05)

Resident Certified Toyota Mechanic Rix86 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon

Not to mention, talking about a "racing chip" just makes you sound retarded.

$0.02
    but a racin chip will make it awesome yo!!!
    hahhahahaaaaa

sorry. i got a good laugh out of that.

^lol yea they have the $0.01 "chips" on ebay but all they are are resistors that ur ecu adapts in a sec anyway. Like they ahve all said, your best bet is the PFC. Now if oyu have an 03+ GTS with drive by wire you cannot use the PFC, you ahve to use the Greddy EManage. You will not get as much gains as with the PFC but its oyur only option

href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/hombredelassrtas/sigpic_500pxl.jpg" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...pic_500pxl.jpg
    Celica Seat Grills for Sale!
    www.allgencelica.com

Resident Certified Toyota Mechanic Rix86 is on a distinguished road

yeah a resistor in the air or coolant temp circuit to make it read cooler.
    bunch-o-hokey crapola
    ae86+3sgte+supra=fun........

Thread Information