CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Drum to Disc Conversion

Ok ok, before you guys start tellin me to hit the search button hear me out. Im planning to do a drum to dick conversion on my 91 gt. I wanted to know if some one that has done the conversion can post the exact parts that I need the conversion. I read all the conversion post, but I wana have a good part list to refer to.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by White91GT
    Ok ok, before you guys start tellin me to hit the search button hear me out. Im planning to do a drum to dick conversion on my 91 gt. I wanted to know if some one that has done the conversion can post the exact parts that I need the conversion. I read all the conversion post, but I wana have a good part list to refer to.
    Jesus Christ man, do you need someone to do the swap for you and change your underwear as well?

It's this simple:

Buy complete rear knuckle assembly with EVERYTHING on it except for the suspension arms and strut. Yes, this means you need a new brake hose, and you will use the disc e-brake cables. THAT, is your "exact parts" list.

See here:
    http://www.celicatech.net/forums/sho...1&postcount=29
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

If you'd ACTUALLY read the entire thread, you'd have also come across:
    http://www.celicatech.net/forums/sho...1&postcount=48
    Last edited by Galcobar; 09-20-2005 at 09:04 PM.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar
    If you'd ACTUALLY read the entire thread, you'd have also come across:
    http://www.celicatech.net/forums/sho...1&postcount=48
    Does anyone else see the irony in this statement?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Dammit, thought I'd altered the link to send it to post 48 -- as opposed to post 29 that you specified.

Fixed the link...
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Did anyone else catch this?
    Quote Originally Posted by White91GT
    ...and does anyone know what to do about the front hubs on an ST to use the GT or GTS brakes?

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

Haha, thought nobody would notice. Hey Adrian Avgerinos since you offered be sure to bring the wipes and baby power.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 90CelicaST
    Did anyone else catch this?...and does anyone know what to do about the front hubs on an ST to use the GT or GTS brakes?
    Caught it, just ignored it since I figured I was already beating up on him about that.

Take a look at the thread Adrian and I linked....the answer is in there. Simple: axle carriers are the same. Longer answer, 90-91 ST got four-lug hubs/wheels, 92-on got five-lug like the rest of the lineup.

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar
    Take a look at the thread Adrian and I linked....the answer is in there. Simple: axle carriers are the same. Longer answer, 90-91 ST got four-lug hubs/wheels, 92-on got five-lug like the rest of the lineup.
    I noticed that my car has 4lug wheels, and the rest are 5. I meant, will the axles from my ST's transmission work with the GT or GTS' hubs?

I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

I noticed that my car has 4lug wheels, and the rest are 5. I meant, will the axles from my ST's transmission work with the GT or GTS' hubs?
    I'm thinking they will fit together. I assisted in a 5S-FE conversion on a Corolla FX. The old engine was a 4A-GE which used a C series transaxle just like the ST Celica. We found that the splines were the same which allowed the S53 axles to mate to the Corolla hubs.

Therefore I believe you should be able to install GT hubs on your ST Celica without much hassle. Don't forget to change the bearings at the same time.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Avgerinos
    I'm thinking they will fit together. I assisted in a 5S-FE conversion on a Corolla FX. The old engine was a 4A-GE which used a C series transaxle just like the ST Celica. We found that the splines were the same which allowed the S53 axles to mate to the Corolla hubs.

Therefore I believe you should be able to install GT hubs on your ST Celica without much hassle. Don't forget to change the bearings at the same time.
    AWESOME! Thanks Adrian. So how much would the bearings be? Toyota dealership or parts store?

I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

Images

Oh, White91GT, looks like :jacked:I jacked your thread. Sorry bro.

I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

AWESOME! Thanks Adrian. So how much would the bearings be? Toyota dealership or parts store?
    I bought my bearings from a dealership since the price was reasonable. You can probably pick them up at a parts store as well.

Its all good I got my answer :thefinger j/k

Thread Information