CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Member -==L=a=N=c=E==- is on a distinguished road -==L=a=N=c=E==-'s Avatar

Queensland Australia! Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oi Oi Oi

Default Project Battery Relocation - Step-by-Step How-To

Operation Battery Relocation

Well in preperation for a straight intake, i decided to change the location of the battery. After my brain storm yesturday, and also talking to wyldie (another gt4 owner) about how he did his relocation i decided to go along with something similar.

1) Removed all the junk

2) After looking at the way everything was laid out, i decided to use these 2 holes in the chassis to use to mount the battery. I foudn some screws to suit as well.

3) Going to repco saw me buying one of these generic base plates. And this is the test fit.

4) Did quite fit as i had wanted it, so i chopped it up a little... Ahhh much better

5) Now it was plastic, it not that ridgid(sp?) so i needed a metal base plate to a) make it a bit more sturdy b) bypass the engine mount

6) Everything bolted up togehter, with appropriate spacers under the 2 major bolts, and the other bolt to attach the tray to the metal back plate.

7) Voila... Done! well not quite, i wasn't too happy with the way the battery mount kit held the battery.

8) So i re-used the stock battery mount, modded it a bit, and here we have it. The final product.

As you can see, lots more room to play with, and gives me plenty of room for the straight intake. Hurray!
    Pure ST185 GT-Four goodness, non swapper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Your job sucks arse. Check out mine, as good as any engineer could do:

Senior GT2 Member Aust162 is on a distinguished road Aust162's Avatar
    Aust162 has donated to the forums!

thats a bit of a hack job Elliot... u better fix her up a bit.hehe
    1985 ST162 Celica Sx - 3SGTE SW20 swap.
    Dynoed: 219fwhp @ 13psi (17/3/06)w/wolf3d + 50trim ct26
    *back on the rd 8/2/05
    2001 Yamaha yzf-r6.

Jaemus

hehe
    at first i thought u were being an ass then i realised u were being funny

i like all these project threads, information is power

I think, i win hands down, as mine looks very much like stock..... No offence elliot, but seriously, wtf?

Lance its called a joke son

Basically i dont give a shit about asthetics, if the car starts and the battery dosnt explode im happy.

Elliott

I know it was a joke

But, i do have qualm, how long is that battery gonna last with it resting on the engine mount?

I see absolubtly nothing wrong with where it is mounted at all

The hack job was built to last

Member Keyroo is on a distinguished road

i've gone over my cap limit so the pics are taking too long to load

what i did is chucked out all the stock battery mount stuff, made one out of aluminium checker plate, bolted it to the chasis, and then made a rubber resting mount that rests on one of the supports for the engine mount so it's there nice and solid, then used a material strap to hold it down,

then got hte trusty grinderette out and ground all the old mount stuff off the chasis form my intake,, tis always scarey the first time u take a grinder to ur chasis haha

good work guys, although we'll have to move these posts to another area we have too many how too's in here and this information should be shared with everyone on the site, maybe in future stick it in fabrication and have a post here with a link saying have have a gander at this,,

but love the input

Matty

Member Keyroo is on a distinguished road

actually hang on i let the pics load, i msut admit my fuse box is still floating haha,, but where the hell is it gonna go! bloody gt-4 engine bay u can throw a bucket of water on it and it will take half an hour til the water hits the ground! HAHAH

Thread Information