CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
  • Fog Light Rewire

After reading some other write up on re-wiring your foglight relay, I decided to do it a different way. It much easier and works better than running a 5' wire under the carpet and wedging it into a fuse, seriously, there are simple wire splice connectors.

Anyway I wanted mine to be able to come on whenever I want as long as the ignition is on, so first off I looked for a hot wire only when the ignition is on. It just so happened that this wire is hot (has power) only when ignition is on, so it will also be fused.

You will cut the smaller of the two white wires with red tracers, this wire should only be hot when the low beams are on, that is what tells the relay to turn on.

I chose to use a sodder/shrink wrap connecter to cover up the other end that you cut to keep it from shorting out. Then tapped the wire that was connected to the relay into the hot wire.

Wala, fog lights when I want, and if I forget to turn them off, they will still be off if the ignition isn't on! Pics to come soon.

Relay pulled, cut the small red/white wire

This is the wire I found to be hot with ignition on

Here's what it looks like with the wire coming from the relay to the hot wire.

All done... :thefinger

• Recent Forum Posts

bloodMoney

I'm telling you....

So Murg gets on Facebook and ...

bloodMoney 58 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    bloodMoney

Tim, IMO the only option here is the Camry.

One of the guys in the club just had his '15 Mazda 3 burn to the ground because of a hard interference

New car time

bloodMoney 59 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    Murgatroy

I will be honest, the Ecoboost is on the shortlist for when the wife gets her new car. We may go with an Outback, because it has more room for the dogs,

New car time

Murgatroy 11 Hours Ago Go to last post
    4thgenceli

Ecoboost and Explorer?

I meant EcoSport and Escape. We almost bought an escape clone many years back when we looked at a Mazda Tribute.

New car time

4thgenceli 12 Hours Ago Go to last post
    4thgenceli

Hahaha.

She brings about 1/3rd of what I do. This is her car and what she'll be driving all the time. I just took a gander at the Ford line

New car time

4thgenceli 12 Hours Ago Go to last post
Top Member List Chat Forum Search Contact Top