PDA

View Full Version : Azenis Rt-615!!!!!!!!

fiveSFE
09-16-2005, 08:52 AM
check these out, they are supposed to be alot better than the older azenis, better compound, and the threadware is supposed to be a bit better.

ima see what kinda price i can get on these tommarwo threw my work, my mechanic really wants me to get these, hopefully i can get an alright price.

http://www.vulcantire.com/graphics/tires/azenis_rt615.jpg

Ima be on payroll deduct for a while.

MoralWarfare
09-16-2005, 11:38 AM
they're not that expensive, actually. Slightly more expensive than the previous RT-215 because they've used a 7-ply nylon sidewall on these. I think roman has some experience with these, so hopefully he sees the topic.

Snafu
09-16-2005, 04:58 PM
They look pretty bad ass. I would get them, but my buddy can get me the old ones for about ~40 bucks a pop.

fiveSFE
09-16-2005, 05:55 PM
they're not that expensive, actually. Slightly more expensive than the previous RT-215 because they've used a 7-ply nylon sidewall on these. I think roman has some experience with these, so hopefully he sees the topic.

the best that i could find was 153 at vulcan, but that is for 245/45/17's usually i can get a pretty good deal at my work, i might settle for something else, i have awd so i can get away with using something that doesnt get as good traction as these.

Adrian Avgerinos
09-16-2005, 06:24 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about these tires. I'll be trying the Hankook Ventus RS-2 as I'm a cheap bastard and can pick them up at only $70 a tire in my size(205/50/15), compared to about $95 a tire for the Azenis.

roman
09-16-2005, 11:18 PM
The old RT-215's were a bargain, the new RT-615's leave me desiring more for such a price hike ;) I'm not saying the tire is overpriced, it's actually a great deal for what it offers. I'm just used to the old pricing of the old Azenis ;) Basically if you really want the ULTIMATE grip in a street tire, get them. If you're willing to sacrifice a little sidewall stiffness then go with the Hankook RS-2. They're cheaper and just as sticky.

Oh, as far as comparing the old Azenis vs. the new... I've driven on the new ones. I can't say they're stickier. They feel just about the same as the old Azenis. They handle water a lot better, but nothing to write home about compared to some of the other performance tires. They wear about as fast. The only benefit of the newer Azenis is that they come in more sizes and the new sidewall construction lowers the weight of the tire a bit.

Adrian Avgerinos
09-17-2005, 06:24 AM
I've also read they don't overheat as easily as the 215's. Very beneficial for track racers.

MoralWarfare
09-17-2005, 05:38 PM
the best that i could find was 153 at vulcan, but that is for 245/45/17's usually i can get a pretty good deal at my work, i might settle for something else, i have awd so i can get away with using something that doesnt get as good traction as these.
get away with? what are you using the tires for?

fiveSFE
09-17-2005, 06:06 PM
haha, for running from the popo(sp?)

i meant that i can do well with something that has less traction

MoralWarfare
09-19-2005, 12:18 AM
is this for daily driving? What conditions are they to be used in? What are you using the tires for?

Slider
09-19-2005, 03:33 AM
haha, for running from the popo(sp?)

i meant that i can do well with something that has less traction

Straight line yes, in the turns no.

fiveSFE
09-19-2005, 06:04 AM
the car is gonna be used for the weekend mostly, it will probly get driven to work like once a week or so, im buying a celica gt on the 23rd, or i might get a 240sx, im still not sure