PDA

View Full Version : What do u guys think?

fiveSFE
12-18-2004, 12:31 AM
this is the setup im looking to do. i have all the turbo stuff, but somethink is wrong wit my car but when i get it fixed this is what ima do.

ct26 turbo wit fmic, heat wrap all piping, and run straight from the dp wit gutted cat. im also investing in arp headstuds with a metal headgasket. Water injection is also gonna be thrown in there. i am using greddy E-manage and msd btm to tune everything.

how much boost should this be able to support, how much hp? are there any weak points that i missed, i wanna push 14 psi with no worries, my engine is in good shape, there is something electricle going on with my car right now though, so im just waiting for it to get looked at.

Luni
12-18-2004, 01:26 AM
Id say you can expect upwards of 220 whp if you tune it correctly... 5SFTEs done correctly are mean mofoz.

Does that E-Manage datalog?

fiveSFE
12-18-2004, 01:34 AM
i actually dont know yet, ive heard that it does, but i have not hooked up the extra harness for the laptop and all that good stuff, i just have the basic one hookedup, and i didnt mess wit it too much.

Luni
12-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Hook that shit up, get a datalogger set up correctly and it kicks ass.

ChrisD
12-19-2004, 02:42 PM
If you have an Emanage, you have absolutely no use for an MSD BTM.

The weak point you have not described is fuel. Without knowing what setup you plan to use, its impossible to tell you how much power you can make with tuning, safely.

There are a couple other threads in this forum discussing 5sfte fuel needs.

With enough fuel, I think a 14psi 5sfte would run around 200-210whp.

Luni
12-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Yep.. This is one of the reasons why with a custom job like that you should be able to datalog with that emanage...

Todd
12-19-2004, 05:21 PM
yea.
fuel is a bitch huh?

ChrisD
12-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Luni, yes the emanage datalogs...as does the SMT6 that i'm using. ;)

Luni
12-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Then get the fuck out there and datalog some stuff.

If I had a datalogger Id be logging everything.

fiveSFE
12-19-2004, 08:16 PM
i bought the msd btm, cuz i dont really know about the capabilities of the greddy emanage, it was just kinda given to me from a friend who owed me money, so i hooked it up, but i didnt know how to hook up the extra harness, when i get my car back ill attempt to tacikle it .