PDA

View Full Version : blackscarlet's 4AGE Silvetop Swap

blackscarlet
09-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Ok, The engine I have that needs to be replaced is a 7a-fe. I decided to stick with that. But I found out the 7a-fe engines weren't made in japan. The 4a-fe is JDM and almost everything will bolt right up except the EGR valve. The only problem is that the 7a-fe is a 1.8 and the 4a-fe is a 1.6. I'd rather not go down in displacement.....
...My question is ( since i don't know all that much ) does anyone know if there would be a better supplement for my 7a-fe that would, for the most part, bolt right up?

Murgatroy
09-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Why does it have to be a JDM engine?

The 7AFE was available in 6th Gen STs and Corrolla/Prisms of similar years. The 4AFE was used domestically in 5th Gen STs and Corrolla/Prisms of similar years. It should not be very hard to find a low mileage replacement engine here in the states for much less than having a JDM engine shipped would be.

Of course it won't have those elusive three letters that make us all feel so warm and tingly inside when we are talking to Honda owners. :hehe:

alltracman78
09-14-2005, 03:22 AM
Why does it have to be a JDM engine?

'Cause it's JDM, yo!

Seriously, he hit it on the nail.
In Toyotas, JDM doesn't mean all that much. Most of the difference is usually the ecu anyways.....
Not the engine itself.

alltracman78
09-14-2005, 03:23 AM
Scarlet, that wasn't a dig at you, btw.
It was aimed at all the idiots that make it seem like JDM is the shit.

blackscarlet
09-14-2005, 04:42 PM
The only reason that I would rather get a JDM motor is because .....
....a mototr you get from a usa junkyard or whereever is most likely coming from an accident....if I could find a use motor with low miles and know that it wasn't from an accident or it was a rear end collision then that would be fine.....

G-man
09-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Click me: Engine for Sale (http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28633)

Murgatroy
09-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah I forgot about Tweak's engine.

The whole JDM thing is just a load of crap that has been fed to us by the media, our friends and of course, the importers.

The issue you are gonna run into though, is the simple fact that I don't think the 7/4AFE was available in Japan. The 5AFE was. You will also have issues with smog regulations and your EGR. You will be much better off searching a scrap yard or two and finding a good engine. Even if it was involved in a wreck, 90% of the time the engine is still good, they can take a little bit of a beating. You will pay much less for a domestic engine locally than you will for shipping of a JDM engine, plus you will have no compatability issues.

As for the belief that the engine is no good if the car has been wrecked, here is a little story to tell you what an engine can take. I was rebuilding the B17A in a buddy of mine's LS Integra. I had the motor in the bed of my truck (sans tailgate) and lost it booking down the road at a decent clip. That engine smacked the road from a lifted full size truck, landed on the flywheel, tumbled around for a bit and came to a rest on the curb, I swung around, threw it back in the truck and went on. The engine was still perfect save for a few scuffs. The crank was fine, the block was fine, we had it all magnafluxed to be sure, that engine is still running 3 years later. I am sure that if a Honda engine can take that, a Toyota engine can take a smack and keep on going.

blackscarlet
09-15-2005, 08:29 PM
OK ok So what about a 3sfe?? I'm just trying to find out as much info about all this that i can so i can make an educatedd decision on what i want to do....so the more info you tell me the more you guys are helping...

blackscarlet
09-15-2005, 08:30 PM
or 4afe....

Snafu
09-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Put in a 7afe. Unless you want to go through the wiring hastle of a 4age 16v, 20v or a 4agze, don't mess with anything.

blackscarlet
09-16-2005, 06:56 AM
So besides ebay, where else would i be able to find an engine. i've only seen one 7afe on ebay in almost the past month and it had too many miles on it...

G-man
09-16-2005, 10:33 AM
So besides ebay, where else would i be able to find an engine. i've only seen one 7afe on ebay in almost the past month and it had too many miles on it...

Whats wrong with that one from Tweak that I posted? You could also take a look at car-part.com. I bet there are HUNDREDS of 7afe's on there for sale and probably many that are local to you if you are in the US.

Punisher
09-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Stick a 4AGZE in there.

Hmm.. btw if u do 4AGZE.. get that bitch JDM, yo!

Snafu
09-16-2005, 04:35 PM
^^ get the 4AGZE only if you really want to go through all the wiring and trouble shooting involved with the swap.

The engine in my car now was one from a "junk yard," or what they like to call themselves, a salvage yard. It's holding up to 8 pounds just fine as we speak, and I'm going to be throwing the boost up to 10 this weekend. Just replace the front/main seals, waterpump, fresh clutch and you're set to go.

Punisher
09-16-2005, 05:41 PM
JDM 2nd gen GZE (believe or maybe it was the 3rd? early 90's version) Has the piston oil squirters.. and runs more boost also runs DLI.. so it's a damn good difference between USDM and JDM GZE... GZE wouldn't be THAT hard to put in.. sure some work.. but the key to any engine swap is to plan it out, ask people who have done it.. get full details and everything you should expect and all the hidden kinks.. Find out what is different with wiring and plan out your wiring diagrams so you know exactly what you'll need to wire up.. etc.. planning goes a LONG way in saving time and money when you physically get to the swap.

Snafu
09-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Have you even looked into the 4AGZE swap? There's a bit more that you have to worry about. This guy is looking for a simple replacement engine, so I don't think that it would be worth while for him.

Punisher
09-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Difficult for someone else might not be difficult for me... If he wants a simple engine swap.. get another 7AFE.. rebuild it.. drop it in. Done.

blackscarlet
09-24-2005, 01:19 AM
I only have around $2500 to work with here. i want to get an engine tranny and replace anything else around the engine that is even the least bit worn so...i don't know everyone is right why change so much for the 2.2 and only have a little bit more hp...but i don't really have the money or knowledge to do anything better...so i'm probably going to just replace the 7a-fe...i mean... the car is sweet and i wanted to make it at least a little better, a little faster..

RallyK
09-24-2005, 07:01 AM
how come no one has suggested the 5sfe? It's not a perfect bolt on - the engine mounts are a bit different but if you get it out off a junk GT you can steal the mounts as well. You get a 2.2 instead of a 1.8 or a 1.6 and a little more hp. The engine was made for the car.

blackscarlet-if you didn't know, the 5sfe is the engine in the gt 6gens.

Dr Tweak
09-24-2005, 07:31 AM
BUY MY ENGINE!!!

Seriously, simple answer: pick up a decent USDM 7AFE.

-Doc

*edit* And don't listen to RallyK, she doesn't know anything because she's a GIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRLLLL. :bigthumbu :cool: :hehe:

blackscarlet
09-24-2005, 07:29 PM
i did think that but everyone kept saying for the amount of work it is to swap in the 5s-fe, it wouldn't be worth it....i don't know
everyone tells me what engine i should swap but i really want to know, what other than the engine (5sfe) would i have to change. i know the tranny and the mounts but i need to make sure i don't go buy this engine and not have the money to finish the swap.... i know there will be things that go wrong and now i have to replace, but i want to know what things i'll have to change even if nothing were to go wrong....what things plain out won't work with the 5s-fe, i only have about $2,500. maybe a little bit more but i don't know how much something like this will cost so ....
Dr tweak: how many miles are on that engine... i didn't want to go over 50k..???

Dr Tweak
09-25-2005, 04:32 AM
75k but it's been VERY WELL taken care of.

-Doc

blackscarlet
09-26-2005, 09:29 PM
ok so i **think** i want to put in the 5S-FE. For the engine and tranny from japan(haven't found any here yet) would be $1,400. that is with shipping. Will i be able to cover all the other parts with $1,000?? And which parts do i have to buy new and which parts could i go to a junk yard for?? I'd like to buy this engine by this friday, the car i'm driving now is acting up so the sooner i get an engine in the sooner i can get rid of my other car.. I'd really appreciate any input..

blackscarlet
09-26-2005, 09:30 PM
How do you put pics on here??

Murgatroy
09-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Get the link for the picture and put the tags before it and after it. It has to be hosted somewhere on the net for the tags to work, you can use the gallery here if you need a host. After you get it hosted, or find the pic you want, right click on it, choose properties and get the address for it.

RallyK
09-27-2005, 02:18 AM
wait, where are you? There are TONS of US spec 5sfes and their corresponding tranny (S53?) everywhere. YOu could get a 3sgte for 1400. you don't need to get a 5sfe from japan, that's the beauty of it. Are you really concerned about it being JDM?

blackscarlet
09-27-2005, 03:59 AM
but what else around the engine would i have to convert in order to drop in the 3sgte?? i'm pretty sure i could cover the parts for the 5sfe...but i don't know ...is there more to it, swapping in a 3sgte or is it the same amount of work and parts..?? what engine is that a 2.0??

blackscarlet
09-27-2005, 04:02 AM
i'm in pa...Philly I've been looking online for companies that sell engines or whatever i can find and all i keep finding are JDM motors...i called 2 places that weren't JDM and the one didn't have it in stock, and the other was from a car that was upside down and no 'start up' warrenty soo...

Murgatroy
09-27-2005, 03:43 PM
If you drop anything in other that a 7AFE you will have to rewire your harness to get the engine to work. Period. If you drop anything in other than a 7AFE you will have to put in a new transmission. Period.

If you want easy, you want a 7AFE it would be nothing more than a plug and play operation. And I am not trying to be mean when I say this, but without some serious help, I don't see you getting anything else in your car and it being operational.

You could purchase a front clip and put a 3SGTE in there, an if you are serious about a swap, I would suggest that. But for simplicity, go back with a 7AFE.

RallyK
09-27-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure what you're looking for. Are you looking for an engine upgrade or JUST operational. I would recommend buying Dr. Tweaks 7afe. Murg is completely correct, if you put in anything besides a 7afe, you'll have to have a new wiring harness and tranny. 7afe isn't a bad engine. 75k is as low as you're going to get for a 94-99 model engine. He says it's well taken care of, I'd trust him.

For christ sake, you won't need to spend all that 2500 on an engine swap! Tweak will give you a good price. That's what this site is for! :)

7A-FE - 1.8l
5S-FE - 2.2
3S-GTE - 2.0 (The reason it's 2.0 is because Rally cars all have to be a standard 2.0)

Murgatroy
09-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Well I am not entirely correct, but close enough for this purpose. He won't have to change trannies if he uses a 4AFE (Don't, it is a smaller, older and not worthwhile, plus it wouldn't pass emmisions in your new car.) A 4AGE and 4AGZE would not require a new tranny either, but the power increase would grenade your od tranny rather fast.

Just buy Tweak's 7AFE, if you talk nice to him and give him a little bit more money, I have no doubt he would even install it for you.

RallyK
09-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah and he does pick up and delivery I believe, for a price.

Luni
09-27-2005, 07:08 PM
The only problem with doing a 5S swap is the cost per dollar ratio.

Its a full ECU/harness rewire to swap in a 5S, the mechanics behind it are almost the same as it would be for a 3SGTE, so if youre gonna spend that much time and money on it, you might as well swap in a 3S.

Id say to go anything other than another 7A would be more trouble than its worth UNLESS you get a blacktop/silvertop 4AGE 20v, or a 4AGZE out of a Trueno (160hp and stout bottom end).

Other than that just either put another 7A back into it, or put a 3SGTE into it.

Sorry K, Id have to say a 5S wouldnt be a good soultion to his issue.

Galcobar
09-27-2005, 08:08 PM
"cost per dollar"

HP/ft-lbs per dollar?

blackscarlet
09-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Well what if i did swap in the 3sgte. If i were to get a front clip...(3sgte are all wheel or rear wheel right?? and my st is front wheel) what would i need to change from mine to all wheel? I dont know that much info yet about the 3sgte, st205 and st165 is that different gen or what??

blackscarlet
09-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm not looking for easy and i'm not looking for operational...I'm not all that experienced with cars but want to learn and i have 2 people who are going to do the work for free ( with me) as well as teach me more.. I'm not trying to make it a race car but I want to do as much as i can with the money i have.... the only reason i'm asking so many questions is because i'm not sure what costs what and i don't want to buy something thats not worth it. I'd love to put the 3sgte turbo in and i'm up for the work.. I just need to make sure i could do in with in my limit...i saw someone who was selling a frontclip for like $2200 w/ 55k miles on it and would even install it for $300 more...but i really wanted to do as much of it as i can myself... btw thx for all the advice..

RallyK
09-28-2005, 04:35 PM
The only problem with doing a 5S swap is the cost per dollar ratio.

Its a full ECU/harness rewire to swap in a 5S, the mechanics behind it are almost the same as it would be for a 3SGTE, so if youre gonna spend that much time and money on it, you might as well swap in a 3S.

Id say to go anything other than another 7A would be more trouble than its worth UNLESS you get a blacktop/silvertop 4AGE 20v, or a 4AGZE out of a Trueno (160hp and stout bottom end).

Other than that just either put another 7A back into it, or put a 3SGTE into it.

Sorry K, Id have to say a 5S wouldnt be a good soultion to his issue.

Yeah after I thought about all the changes he'd have to make to have it fit, it's just like doing the 3s. ohwell, my bad.

RallyK
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
As far as I understand it (and guys, correct me if I'm wrong)

Alltracs aka GTfours are all all-wheel-drive. You can swap the engine into your FWD car, you'll just have to put a new transmission in. If you get a front clip it will come with the wiring harness. It is HIGHly recommended by the people who have done this swap to get the front clip. If you can get the tranny with the engine, that'd be good, if not I think a tranny from an mr2 would work (correct me if i'm wrong?).

As for the alltracs -
ST-165 has the 1st gen of the 3sgte engine
ST-185 has the 2nd gen
ST-205 has the 3rd and final version.

It is highly recommended to get the 2nd gen engine off an st185 because it's less expensive, not THAT much less HP, and the parts are easier to find.

blackscarlet
09-29-2005, 03:09 PM
You think if i got the front clip. i'd be able to do it all for $3000?? And am i able to make it auto..?

BBoYRuGGeD
09-30-2005, 04:30 AM
boy i needa visit this site more often! Hi blackscarlet im the guy who previously owned tweaks 7afe. it came from my car (1997) and was VERY well taken cared of. it had 72500 miles on it when it was taken out about 3 months ago and runs PERFECT. uve got nothing to worry about if u go with my old engine.

and if u still want to go with the 3sgte swap... then ur going to need a lil' more than the front clip. ur going to need a new tranny (either from a celica GT or the e153 tranny found in the mr2t, camry v6, solara). ur going to need celica GT axles if u go with this tranny or ur going to need 2 pairs of axles if u go with the e153. ur going to need all 4 motor mounts from the celica GT if u go with the GT trans or some st205 mounts if u go with the e153. ur gunna need auto-manual parts to convert ur car to manual since the 3sgte never came in auto. and some more parts. in my honest opinion... ur going to need more than 3000 if u wunna swap in the 3sgte.

whatever route u decide... best of luck to u bud!

bboy

btw ive got the 3sgte motor in my car and its freakin' awesome! :bigthumbu
swap done by doc. tweak.. u DA MAN DOC.!

blackscarlet
09-30-2005, 07:02 AM
ok i would definatly do the 3sgte swap but i need a bit more money...so oh well too bad..i'm thinking about the 4age (i didn't really care to have a racecar yet wanted something better then the 7afe} I checked out venus auto parts and they won't have one for 2 more months... i checked out a few other places but they were also out of stock...no actually i have one more place that i need to call tomorrow...but anyways does anyone know a few good places where i could check out prices for the 4age front clips....not sure if i am going to get the silver/black top...probaly the silver..i looked up a lot of info but i'm still not sure, is there anything, not within the engine nor around the engine, that would need work {i know that the wiring will be hell but i think i know someone who can cover that for me} and if anyone has any advice it will definately be appreciated......thx

RallyK
09-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Hey blackscarlet, I just stumbled upon this website. They have the silvertops. I have absolutely no idea how trust worthy the site it. but I did see it and i'm passing it on to you.

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/toyota.htm

Colossus20v
09-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey blackscarlet, I just stumbled upon this website. They have the silvertops. I have absolutely no idea how trust worthy the site it. but I did see it and i'm passing it on to you.

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/toyota.htm
They are in Australia, If you are planning a 20v swap make sure you get the correct AFM and ignitor.

http://www.celicatech.com/big_pimpn/4age20v.html

wiring is a bitch. Which 4age were you planning on going with?

blackscarlet
09-30-2005, 10:12 PM
yeah i saw that site also....I'm finding alot of engines ...my problem is i want a half cut...I think i'm going to go with the silver top...it just seems like its too much more $$ for the blacktop and not that much more hp.....
....i've called at least 20 places already and haven't found a single front clip {with auto tranny, i found 2 with manual} ....So if you know of any places please help me out...?

blackscarlet
09-30-2005, 10:16 PM
I actually sent that site an email...but haven't heard back yet so we'll see about that...

Dr Tweak
10-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Try these guys: http://www.gspeedcorp.com/

Talk to Terence and tell him that Dr Tweak sent you! :)

RallyK
10-01-2005, 08:29 AM
oooOOOoo someone's got connections!

blackscarlet
10-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanx a lot!! the 4age silvertop is the AE101 right?? i just looked at that website dr. tweak and the first clip i saw was that sooo good shit..lol my car is a 95, would it make a difference at all if the engine was from 91 to 94....or would it go in all the same??

Murgatroy
10-02-2005, 12:06 AM
It would go in the same, but if your car ever wants to pass emissions again, you have to have an engine that was manufactured on or after the date of your car. Keep that in mind if you want to keep legal. Some states don't require smog or engine regulations, Tennessee is one of them, so you can get away with a lot more.

Dr Tweak
10-02-2005, 12:24 AM
That's correct, though the vast majority of people who do inspections won't have the first clue that the engine isn't stock. Unless you're in CA :)

blackscarlet
10-02-2005, 01:56 AM
Good to know....well a macanic i know already passes my daily driver which *legally doesn't* pass emissions....plus i heard that if your car is registered up the pocanoes then you don't go through emissions ...my parents have land up there so thats another option..

blackscarlet
10-02-2005, 03:42 AM
if i get a front clip is there anything else (besides hoses, gaskets, etc.) that i'd need to get in order to do this swap?? ..and i know i'd have to shave down, ithink, the passenger mount. Is there going to any other *custom crap* that i should know about?? would you say to do the silver top or is it worth the extra money for the 5-10 extra hp?? thanx for the help ....

~~~I'm looking at buying my clip {if I find one} sometime this week, I'd say before Friday ;)~~

Dr Tweak
10-02-2005, 06:12 AM
Nope there's nothing else you'll need, well except for the odd custom part but that should be minimal. The mounts should all line right up. Just go for the silvertop.

And you know, you really don't need to get the whole clip... save yourself some money and get an engine set. Terence at g-speed really knows his stuff and if you ask him, he will make sure you get all the odds and ends (coil, ignitor, AFM are the items to look out for with the silvertop).

-Doc

blackscarlet
10-02-2005, 06:06 PM
ok thanx i'm going to call tomorrow...

RallyK
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
this is a quality thread

blackscarlet
10-03-2005, 02:27 AM
hey it's helping me out a lot...lol

Lagos
10-03-2005, 03:32 AM
dont forget the rewiring job youll have to do. that shit dont just plug and play

blackscarlet
10-03-2005, 05:26 AM
well if the front clip is only a little more then the engine(+odds and ends) then i'd rather do that so i'll be able to see the wiring setup (also have newer pumps and extra parts that can be sold). i mean i know i have to extend the harness and change a few other things....plus whatever i can't figure, since everyone talks soooo great about Dr. Tweak, i'll see if he wouldn't mind doing it for me....

BTW Dr. Tweak How much would you charge to do my harness??? lol

Dr Tweak
10-03-2005, 05:35 AM
Silvertop into a '95? $300.

-Doc

blackscarlet
10-03-2005, 05:36 AM
The only problem with getting a front clip is that we are doing this in a one car garage...so if we get the front clip dropped off somewhere...then take the 7afe out...not sure how to get the 4age from the front clip to the garage...?? I was going to rent a hoist for the project but my bf wants to swap his engine within the next year so i'm looking in to buying one... we are thinking that we should pull the 7afe out ...push the car out ...pull out the 4age and somehow ???? pull the engine on the hoist from outside the garage, inside (but i don't think it's ganna work to well) ...then push the car back in... and drop the 4age in.. way too much work!! so i might just have to buy and engine alone...any ideas on how that could work (plus the driveway aint smooth and there is a big lip to get into the garage...Have fun figuring that one out...lol) truthfully i don't care what i have to do to get this done in this tiny garage, i just can't wait to start and can't wait for it to be finished...

Dr Tweak
10-03-2005, 05:40 AM
Just get the engine set. Seriously, it will be cheaper, slightly more work, but you won't have to worry about how to make it all fit in your garage.

-Doc

blackscarlet
10-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Yeah ...i know i'm going to call terence tomorrow sometime....if i get the engine set what other things would i need to get elsewhere?

blackscarlet
10-03-2005, 05:56 AM
yo thanx for all the help, i really appreciate it...

Dr Tweak
10-03-2005, 05:57 AM
The only other things to worry about, assuming your car is already a 5-speed, is a/c lines and power steering lines. Those can be customized from most parts stores easy enough, other than that it's just the exhaust hookup and intake that you need to deal with... and the wiring :)

-Doc

blackscarlet
10-03-2005, 07:25 AM
well my car is automatic and i'm keeping it auto ...i'm going to probably get another tranny anyway with less miles on it...the exhaust and intake wouldn't be right away either so i can figure that all out as i'm in the process ... i'm going to need to get an egr value too right...?

blackscarlet
10-03-2005, 11:33 PM
i called that place today, terence is on vacation, and the women there said there is only an 4age for 91' and lower.....She really seemed like she didn't know what she was talking about....there is another guy there that is going to call me when he gets off his lunch break...so we'll see then...i might just have to call back when terence gets back from vacation..He gets back thurs or fri so ....

? will my exhaust from the 7afe bolt on and if not could i make it work or would i have to start fresh and new....?

Dr Tweak
10-04-2005, 12:18 AM
You can find an automatic 4AGE silvertop, that's the route to take because otherwise the tranny might not act right (depending on which tranny you have). You need EGR to be legal but that's not small issue, I've never had the need to do it.

Yeah she obviously has no idea what she's talking about. Talk to terence when he gets back.

The exhaust will be pretty close, the easiest thing to do is just bring it to an exhaust shop when the swap is running and have them weld it up for you.

-Doc

alltracman78
10-04-2005, 01:34 AM
The only problem with getting a front clip is that we are doing this in a one car garage...so if we get the front clip dropped off somewhere...then take the 7afe out...not sure how to get the 4age from the front clip to the garage...?? I was going to rent a hoist for the project but my bf wants to swap his engine within the next year so i'm looking in to buying one... we are thinking that we should pull the 7afe out ...push the car out ...pull out the 4age and somehow ???? pull the engine on the hoist from outside the garage, inside (but i don't think it's ganna work to well) ...then push the car back in... and drop the 4age in.. way too much work!! so i might just have to buy and engine alone...any ideas on how that could work (plus the driveway aint smooth and there is a big lip to get into the garage...Have fun figuring that one out...lol) truthfully i don't care what i have to do to get this done in this tiny garage, i just can't wait to start and can't wait for it to be finished...

Can you back the car in?

blackscarlet
10-04-2005, 03:13 AM
I thought of that but......the drive way is somewhat f***ed up concrete and somewhat gravel and is **no where near level** so i'm not sure how we would get the engine from where the clip would have to sit to the garage

blackscarlet
10-04-2005, 03:22 AM
yeah a friend of mine's brother works in a body shop and said he'll do it for me, plus he had to do it to one of his cars...

the macanic that i have do my inspections, passed my other car when it was failing emissions, w/ the check engine light on, for my gutted cat so i'm sure he won't mind that....he's pretty cool ..i'm actually going there tomorrow to tell him the update on my plans...he's also been looking for motors for me..

blackscarlet
10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
~Doc: This is from G-speed ..I'm going to hopefully talk to terenc but can you tell me if this would be worth the 600 difference...
4AGE 20V VVT Late Type [Replacement]
1.6L DOHC VVT 20 valve. Even higher performance than the early type version: Quad throttle, 165hp, lighter conrods, 11.0 C/R. Price is for engine only, call for full harness and ECU package pricing. $1100.00
Retail $1300.00

4AGE 20V VVT Early Type [Original]
1.6L DOHC VVT 20 valve. Quad throttle, 160hp, 10.5 C/R. Get your Toyota to do things you never imagined! Price is for engine only. Please call for full harness and ECU package prices. $500.00
Retail $N/A
What is the difference...besides what they mentioned....Is it worth the $600 more??

Dr Tweak
10-06-2005, 01:38 AM
The difference is the engine set has the ECU, full harness, etc etc. You WANT the full engine set for sure.

As for the difference between the two engines, the first one is the blacktop and the second one is the silvertop. The blacktop is better.

-Doc

*edit* I just realized that I misunderstood your question, but I still answered it in the second part. Which engine you get depends on your goals. Are you going to turbo the engine in the future, or keep it n/a?

Luni
10-06-2005, 02:56 AM
Just for refrence guys theres a guy on the MR2 board that has found out how to use a E153 differential in an alltrac awd transmission to convert it to FWD. It requires a few other parts (Like some covers and plates) but it DOES work. The myth about the alltrac tranny not working is half true. It would never work with the stock differential in, but an E153 diff (which could be taken from an MR2, you could actually get the one with LSD from an MR2, or the non LSD one from a 5 speed solara).

Ill post more data when he completes his project and it is confirmed to work.

blackscarlet
10-06-2005, 04:04 AM
I'm not trying to make it a race car or anything b/c it'd be pointless for me...i don't think, at this point in time, that i would make it turbo...but you never know..(Which engine would i need to get if i were looking into that though?) i ~need~ a reliable car, I ~want~ it to be MINE, i drive a family car now, a chrysler concorde(piece of crap chrysler), I want something a little faster then my stock 7afe, i want something i can enjoy and give a crap about.... i don't need it to be the fastest car or have tons of modifications...just enough for me to be statisfied...and happy with it. i want to keep this car not drive it for 2 yrs and sell it...
i wanted to do a swap because i'm so interested in the ways things work, the macanics, plus i will know everything that is new, everything that is old, anything that might go soon(which i'd replace now anyway)and everything that won't go soon. Plus the low mileage...i looked into just buying a celica before i bought mine and people want like 3-4k for a regular stock nothing special celica with over 150k ...so alot cheaper for alot better..plus alot of knowledge..

blackscarlet
10-06-2005, 04:05 AM
Thnx for listening to my sappy story about car ...lol

<hey it's a gurl thing>

blackscarlet
10-07-2005, 05:11 PM
i just called terence back today, and he said as he was getting things together he realized he didn't have a complete harness for it anywhere.....:( Does anyone know a good place i could call today that might have it????

Dr Tweak
10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
He didn't have a complete harness? Then hit up www.venus-auto.com and tell them that Dr Tweak from Phoenix Tuning in Vermont sent them.

Hey, I need all the rep point I can get ;)

blackscarlet
10-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Already called there they only have an engine, no set or tranny...lol

blackscarlet
10-07-2005, 07:26 PM
i actually just emailed you not relizing that you replyed...

blackscarlet
10-08-2005, 02:24 AM
4age silvertops are from 91 to 94 right? so when i look for parts do i have to get JDM or 5th gen parts or what exactly?

Dr Tweak
10-08-2005, 04:20 AM
Hmmm I'm not sure of the exact years, it's something I'd like to know though. It depends on what parts you need :)

Lots of Corolla GTS stuf works.

-Doc

Lagos
10-08-2005, 04:22 PM
dood... BUY A CLIP!

i know drteak will say that you dont need one, but you have to remember that drtweak knows what he is doing. your the one who is going to have to hunt all this misc crap down and try to figure out where everything plugs into because they dont lable anything on these motor/tranny sets. not to mention, that the sellers will normally fuck up at some point and forget to mail you something thats going to take months to track down later.

youll be amazed at how handy a clip comes in ... if you need spare nuts, bolts, brackets, etc... you can just pull them off the clip in 5min and keep working.

blackscarlet
10-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Already bought the engine set....
i'll be fine....the 2 people doing this with me know what they are doing...and my bf gets parts for toyotas cheap.......i don't know we'll just have to wait and see...

blackscarlet
10-08-2005, 05:41 PM
plu we don't have the room to have the clip there and close enough to actually make it work

blackscarlet
10-13-2005, 10:22 PM
the dam motor was supposed to be here by yesterday, they tell they don't have a truck with a lift gate on it availible.....so now it won't be here till next friday!!

soooo pissed..

Lagos
10-14-2005, 07:06 AM
yeah we all had to deal with that crap.... you would think the trucking companies would get better a figuring out who needs a lift gate and who dosnt, by now.

blackscarlet
10-14-2005, 08:16 PM
I know!...it's just, it's the first car i care for, my first swap, not to mention the fact that i'm just now learning everything for the first time.....and i'm sooo excited but everyday it's getting pushed back
...i can't wait till i'm half way threw and something goes wrong and since its a japan motor, i can't wait to have a hell of a time finding the dam parts.lol {and when this happens i'll be looking for help...;)}

IT'S GOING TO BE SOOO FUN...LOL

Lagos
10-15-2005, 06:40 PM
I know!...it's just, it's the first car i care for, my first swap, not to mention the fact that i'm just now learning everything for the first time.....and i'm sooo excited but everyday it's getting pushed back
...i can't wait till i'm half way threw and something goes wrong and since its a japan motor, i can't wait to have a hell of a time finding the dam parts.lol {and when this happens i'll be looking for help...;)}

IT'S GOING TO BE SOOO FUN...LOL

i guess you already understand the bad part about not buying a clip...lol

blackscarlet
10-15-2005, 08:17 PM
lol yup.... just don't have the room for it...so

Colossus20v
10-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Dont worry about the parts thing too much because you can order just about anything from Toyota. Parts are accessible, you just have to know where to look.

blackscarlet
10-18-2005, 04:38 AM
See... i heard that since it is a japanese motor i could get parts through toyota but i would need to find part numbers and i tried to search for parts lists and came up with basically nothing so far... is this true.. and if so do you know where i could look for part lists??

Colossus20v
10-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I have a parts list I use and will have it on my page soon with other things. There are a couple of other sites that have a parts list as well. Mine is very up to date though because I just went through it. Im trying to find cross references for parts though. Thats is the only down side.

blackscarlet
10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
good shit ... tell me when you post it

blackscarlet
10-20-2005, 08:16 PM
We pushed the car in the garage last night soo tonight we'll start taking things apart;) hopefully we'll have everything out by sunday so next weekend we can put the new engine in... (Which better come tomorrow!!!)

what things will i be able(or have to) use off the 7afe for the 4age?

Colossus20v
10-21-2005, 06:42 PM
you will want to convert the alternator plug from the 4age wiring harness to the 7afe alternator. Other than that use the 4age stuff. Change all of your belts, including your timing belt because then you know how many miles you really have on it and dont have to change the belt anytime soon. Have fun and take pics.

Plan your wiring harness. Dont just start pulling and trying to connect. Sit down and plan it out, before you start cutting shit up.

blackscarlet
10-24-2005, 04:58 AM
We started today at about 4 b/c we went out and bought a few tools in the morning....we are bout half way to yanking to motor itself out and painting the bay...yet now we have more time b/c the dam shipping company sent my 500 plus lb engine on an 18 wheeler with no lift gate nor a ramp....and we tired using our hoist but we needed it to go up about a 1/2 inch more...
...this motor was supposed to come last friday and is now coming next friday..
..And my dam camera's flash isn't working right:(

Dr Tweak
10-24-2005, 05:12 AM
We started today at about 4 b/c we went out and bought a few tools in the morning....we are bout half way to yanking to motor itself out and painting the bay...yet now we have more time b/c the dam shipping company sent my 500 plus lb engine on an 18 wheeler with no lift gate nor a ramp....and we tired using our hoist but we needed it to go up about a 1/2 inch more...
...this motor was supposed to come last friday and is now coming next friday..
..And my dam camera's flash isn't working right:(

It was just the engine set? Myself and another guy can get a 4AGE engine set off an 18-wheeler by hand, it's only like 400 lbs.

Or you could have taken it off the pallet and that would have given you the clearance you needed ;)

blackscarlet
10-24-2005, 02:21 PM
We took it off the pallet and it was me ( 115 lb girl) and the truck diver ...wasn't going to work...i didn't schedule other people to be there because i specifically odered it to come on a truck with a lift gate...

blackscarlet
10-24-2005, 05:07 PM
...and i actually did have three people there with me but the engine came three hours later then it was supposed to so they had to leave...
but oh well i don't care when it comes as long as it gets here by the time we are ready for it...

Dr Tweak
10-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Every single time I've ordered a liftgate, they haven't brought one. Cheapskates!

Lagos
10-25-2005, 07:12 AM
yeah seems to be a common problem with shipping compaines

blackscarlet
10-25-2005, 03:11 PM
i'm just glad that the situation isn't that i NEED this car this second...lol

but i really wan't to play with the new engine....lol

blackscarlet
10-27-2005, 08:16 PM
My Chrysler is having major problems now

So now it sucks that this shipping company is taking soooo long because now it's a "NEED" situation......

I think my starter is going, my battery is going, my heater core,my cat, and one time, as i was stopped at a red light(in drive) the car jumped into park and it took about 10 min..to get it into drive again...and one other time i was parked and put it in reverse and the car stayed in park...any ideas of what the F*** is going on and any quick fix or cheap ideas would be appreciated...thx

Colossus20v
10-27-2005, 09:35 PM
get a new automatic tranny or check the tranny oil.

Lagos
10-28-2005, 06:51 AM
what a great time to convert to manual. once u go stick you NEVER go back!

blackscarlet
10-28-2005, 04:01 PM
it's a 96 chrysler concorde ....piece of crap ...to do that i'd be spending more then the thing is worth...i just need it to last till i'm done the swap....yet i'd like to have it last till after snowfall ends...i really don't want to drive the celica through the winter...

blackscarlet
10-29-2005, 04:47 AM
I got my engine today:)

Dr Tweak
10-29-2005, 04:50 AM
Where are the pics??? :)

blackscarlet
10-30-2005, 03:22 AM
Asap.....

Dr Tweak
10-30-2005, 03:34 AM
I vote that a mod change the title of this thread to "blackscarlet's 4AGE Silvetop Swap"

blackscarlet
10-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Yes definately!!!!
This totally NEEDS a new title

:)

burnyd
10-31-2005, 04:22 AM
same problem with all chrysler/dodge vehicles... shift linkage cable... Its prolly just stuck.

blackscarlet
10-31-2005, 03:22 PM
i know i need to shave down the passenger side motor mount but does anyone know the exact measurements?

Also what all do i need to do to convert it from the right driver side to left....??

thx

Dr Tweak
11-01-2005, 04:51 AM
You don't need to shave down the mount, I don't think. If you do, it'll be very obvious to you, nothing to worry about.

What?

blackscarlet
11-01-2005, 03:03 PM
The sivertop came out of a car that has the steering wheel on the right side...will i have problems or need to do mods to make it work in my car?
{I've researched alot and have learned alot so far but i'm still not sure how to word everything to make it make sense to people who know what they are talking about...lol}

Colossus20v
11-01-2005, 06:52 PM
NO your fine because your using your celicas steering and stuff like that.The only problem you may have would be the wiring harness, but you should just cut a new hole for it.

Dr Tweak
11-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Like Big_PimpN said, that won't cause any problem. You may need to extend the harness a little to go through the stock hole, or cut a new hole as mentioned.

-Doc

Lagos
11-02-2005, 06:43 AM
for some reason threat titles cant be edited aound here.

blackscarlet
11-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanx...

Do you know any good places to get an AFM..?

blackscarlet
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Oh yeah...

I kow of maybe two exhaust shops but any recomandations for custom exhaust shops in PA ( Philly/Norristown area)

Colossus20v
11-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanx...

Do you know any good places to get an AFM..?
You have to get a 20v AFM. So your best bet is ebay. There are some guys around the mr2 board and club4ag.com that are converting to Megasquirt and therefore are getting rid of their AFM. Maybe Tweak has one? But you definitly need the stock 20v AFM if you are using the 20v ecu.

Lagos
11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah...

I kow of maybe two exhaust shops but any recomandations for custom exhaust shops in PA ( Philly/Norristown area)

what??? your in norristown ? were? i live like 10min away !

Lagos
11-02-2005, 10:16 PM
for the exhaust go to see alex's exhaust in bridgeport. hes like right around the corner from anthony's restaurant

ps. i changed the threat title for you

blackscarlet
11-03-2005, 04:03 AM
ok i'll check it out...
...yeah i saw thats awsome...thx

TheNefariousOne
11-03-2005, 04:16 AM
Sorry to go OT, but Lagos, how much does Alex's shop typically charge for custom exhaust? I'm just wondering cause down the line I may go with a custom.

TNO

Lagos
11-03-2005, 07:56 PM
you know, i talked to him a bunch of times and saw that he does good work, but i never asked about price. from what i hear its "fair" . i didnt get my exhaust done with him, because he cant do mandrel bends. for an na car, it reall wont matter much, but for mine im really stuck on doing a full 3in in madrel stainless.

Colossus20v
11-03-2005, 09:16 PM
I got a custom Stainless 2.25" for about $235. But I didnt go to that guy.

Dr Tweak
11-05-2005, 04:58 AM
You have to get a 20v AFM. So your best bet is ebay. There are some guys around the mr2 board and club4ag.com that are converting to Megasquirt and therefore are getting rid of their AFM. Maybe Tweak has one? But you definitly need the stock 20v AFM if you are using the 20v ecu.

What he said. I wonder if one from another 4AGE or a 3SGTE would work since they look similar, but I'd have to check it out.

I do have a 16v 4AGE AFM here if you want to try.

-Doc

Lagos
11-05-2005, 07:14 AM
*cough* should have gotten a clip *cough* ..... lol

seems blackscarlet lives very close to me, but wont tell me where he/she is at..so that i can check out the swap.. lol

KoreanJoey
11-05-2005, 08:26 AM
poor poor silvertop (AFM)... shoulda gotten a blacktop... (ITBs). But silvertop will be a really cool mod, it'll be fun doing wiring, believe me.

Colossus20v
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Blackstarlet- Some people have ran 16v AFM but there are some complications. There was also talk of rewiring the AFM to a supra AFM or something of that nature. However, I would say skrew all of that and go with a megasquirt system and EDIS, for simplicity. You will get the benefits of MAP and go with naked ITBs. Keep us posted. Also DONT RUSH THE SWAP! Make sure you change your belts and everything that you would normally do at like a 60k mile tuneup.

Also use your stock alternator because it is easier to replace that way. The plug on a silvertop's alternator is different from a 4afe's and I assume the 7afe's as well. It may be the same as a 4age 16v but im not too sure about that.

If you need parts call Jeff Watson at Champion Toyota, 1-800-327-2087. He knows about the parts and has many in stock. I just ordered some parts form him. Nice guy to deal with.

Lagos-I wonder if there would be much difference in forms of functionality of the silvertop between the different gens. Probably not too much I guess, but either way it would probably be a lot of fun having a 6th gen with a silvertop. I guess we'll just have to wait until the next meet to see.

blackscarlet
11-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I found a stock 20v silvertop AFM on club4ag ... the guy wants $150..is that reasonable??

Lagos
11-06-2005, 12:34 AM
yes thats about what they go for

Colossus20v
11-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Make sure it is part number: 22250-16110 (I am using this on my silvertop right now). Just make sure it is and you'll be set. You may still be able to find some cheaper.

blackscarlet
11-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Ok thanx... i jus hate dealing with shipping and thats the cheapest one i've found so i kinda want to buy it soon so it'll be here by the time i need it...lol

Galcobar
11-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Lagos-I wonder if there would be much difference in forms of functionality of the silvertop between the different gens. Probably not too much I guess, but either way it would probably be a lot of fun having a 6th gen with a silvertop. I guess we'll just have to wait until the next meet to see.

Coomer, the owner of 6gc.net, drives a sixth-gen ST with a silvertop swap, IIRC. It's definately a 20V.

blackscarlet
11-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I got that dam engine out last night....:)

~Am i going to have problems with the power steering...?

Colossus20v
11-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Coomer, the owner of 6gc.net, drives a sixth-gen ST with a silvertop swap, IIRC. It's definately a 20V.
Yeah I know Coomer has a 20v. The silvertop is a nice engine it should have came stock with STs. I just wonder about the comparison between a 5th gen and a 6th gen both having silvertops. I was saying that We'll have to wait until the next meet because Coomer would never drive over to PA for a meet.

Power Steering: Power steering lines will need to be redone and fabricated to work properly. You will need to run a hard line from the power steering pump to the rack. You use the silvertop pump unless you can mount yours where the silvertop's pump goes. I am using the silvertops pump.

blackscarlet
11-07-2005, 02:15 PM
thanx...seriously, you guys are the shit...lol

blackscarlet
11-07-2005, 09:50 PM
What exactly happens at thes meets...where in pa and when?

~is it basically like a little car show...?

Colossus20v
11-08-2005, 12:50 AM
^Well I only went to one in Philly. We just park and talk and then cruise around. Meet new people. Put faces with names. Just chill and not type everything out for once. I had a blast. Hopefully maybe we can get somewhere that has a shop and do some runs on a dyno or sumthing, or find a track and cruise around it for a little. Who knows.

blackscarlet
11-08-2005, 03:03 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/2/5/7/Blackscarletoldengine2.JPG
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/2/5/7/Blackscarletcelica12.JPG
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/2/5/7/Blackscarletcelica22.JPG
finally figured out how to do this crap....thanx dad..lol

Before pix...going to get the motor in then worry about the cosmetics...

Lagos
11-08-2005, 04:59 AM
here are some pics from the philly meet we had this past june.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=48&userid=

Colossus20v
11-08-2005, 05:03 AM
im going to say this one more time. Plan out your wiring before you jump into this. Your going to be all excited because the engine is mounted and what not and then your going to get stuck ont he wiring and get all mad and stuff. Plan out the wiring then go from there. Wiring is a bitch. Do not rush into it. Keep us posted.

blackscarlet
11-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Lagos ..i actually saw all those pix today...my bf is crazy about supras...right now he has a 90 turbo and an 89 ....When will the next meet be???

Bib_PimpN...Yeah i know....we are going to attempt at the wiring but if it becomes too much of a project i'll jus have someone like Dr tweak do it...my bf's dad is pretty good with wiring cars soo hopefully it won't be a major prob.

I need to take a few pix of the new engine...after checking it all out we wrapped it up again ...to keep everything together and anybody who happens to walk in the garage from fucking touching it...lol (My drunk friend John)

blackscarlet
11-08-2005, 06:06 AM
lagos your car looks good... that supra with the huge turbo..crazy..

Dr Tweak
11-08-2005, 06:10 AM
Bib_PimpN...Yeah i know....we are going to attempt at the wiring but if it becomes too much of a project i'll jus have someone like Dr tweak do it...my bf's dad is pretty good with wiring cars soo hopefully it won't be a major prob.

Just don't chop it up too much before you send it to me! LOL

Lagos
11-08-2005, 08:00 AM
lagos your car looks good... that supra with the huge turbo..crazy..

thanks, glad you like it... you just missed at meet we had about 2 weeks ago at hooters in king of prussia. right now there isint anything planned cause everyone is sort of getting ready for the winter.

blackscarlet
11-09-2005, 04:58 AM
Yeah well i want my car to finish plus have it somewhat hooked up before i go to a meet....

blackscarlet
11-12-2005, 05:27 PM
So the all the motor mounts from the celica ST {7afe} will work for this swap?? Just want to make sure before i buy anything..lol

Dr Tweak
11-13-2005, 04:40 AM
Your car is a 5-speed, right? Then yeah, they should.

-Doc

blackscarlet
11-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Nope its auto...and the new tranny is auto..?

Dr Tweak
11-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Oh, well you're still fine.

-Doc

Colossus20v
11-14-2005, 07:42 PM
make sur eyou have an automatic ecu. Automatic ecus will work on manuals, but not vice versa.

blackscarlet
11-15-2005, 03:39 AM
I need to know if there is an accelerator cable that would work for this swap...one that might be long enough so i wouldn't have to make one...i read something about it i just can't remember the make & model of the car or the part number (the important shit..lol)

blackscarlet
11-15-2005, 04:44 AM
oh Also if anyone has torque specs (I NEED THE TSRM FOR MY MOTOR!!) for everything and anything for the 20v silvertop...it'd be appreciated...

Colossus20v
11-15-2005, 05:38 AM
I have the blacktop repair manual somewhere. I'm in the process of uploading it to Celicatech. But I have the link in my office. I'll post it up tomorrow.

Edit: Here is the link:http://www.onthenet.com.au/~paulp/Blacktop/

Dr Tweak
11-15-2005, 06:22 AM
I need to know if there is an accelerator cable that would work for this swap...one that might be long enough so i wouldn't have to make one...i read something about it i just can't remember the make & model of the car or the part number (the important shit..lol)

Get one from a Tercel or Paseo, or a 5th gen Celica ST. A few others too, ST185 for example.

-Doc

blackscarlet
11-16-2005, 05:32 AM
thx...

...so i'll be able to use the blacktop manual for the majority of things...i came accross this manual before just wasn't sure how simular they were...?

Dr Tweak
11-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Yeah pretty much, the engine management is different, but mechanically their similar enough.

-Doc

Colossus20v
11-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah pretty much, the engine management is different, but mechanically their similar enough.

-Doc
Agreed.

blackscarlet
11-16-2005, 02:03 PM
now all i need to decide is if i want to paint the bay or not...lol the engine should be going in this weekend...

i cleaned the engine bay and it looks pretty nice...but I still think i want to paint it black...

Colossus20v
11-16-2005, 02:18 PM
better do it now if you want to. While the engine is out. Grasp the oppurtunity.

Dr Tweak
11-19-2005, 04:31 AM
Werd.

blackscarlet
11-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Good idea dr tweak.....

Does anyone know if a different AFM will work for this swap....or where i can get one?

thx

blackscarlet
11-28-2005, 05:30 PM
will the AFM from the AE101 gze work????

Colossus20v
11-28-2005, 06:26 PM
nope. They are different part numbers. The gze AFM isnt the same.

Colossus20v
11-28-2005, 07:01 PM
or where i can get one?

thx
your best bet is someone who is converting over to Megasquirt. Try the MR2 forums and also Club4ag.com Post a wtb or something in their Classifieds.

Colossus20v
12-04-2005, 11:43 PM
update?

Dr Tweak
12-05-2005, 05:16 AM
Did you see my post that a '90 - '91 Camry V6 AFM should work to replace the one in the 20V?

-Doc

blackscarlet
12-06-2005, 02:38 PM
really.. thx
i've been trying to find that dam, thing forever... i had like three people email me saying they had it and then whe i said i'll buy it the jus never responded so...

blackscarlet
12-06-2005, 02:47 PM
yeah i kinda had to stop working on it right this second. my grades were slipping and i need to keep them up to transfer out plus now i have finals so....
i'm not planning on driving throught the winter anyway so i have the time...

90CelicaST
01-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Any updates?

Dr Tweak
01-23-2006, 11:15 PM
I spoke with blackscarlet on the phone the other day, things are a little on hold at the moment, she's shipping the wiring harness over to me to be worked on and then she'll get back into it. Had to refocus on school :)

-Doc

blackscarlet
02-07-2006, 03:40 AM
I found an AFM from a 89 Canry V6...Does anyone know if that'll work.. ?

Dr Tweak
02-07-2006, 03:53 AM
It might! :)

-Doc

Colossus20v
04-02-2006, 07:06 AM
ANy updates on this guys?

Dr Tweak
05-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Just finished the wiring harness :)

Colossus20v
05-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Excellent. When you send it back Tweak tell Blackscarlet to log in and inform us of the progess.

90CelicaST
06-08-2006, 09:09 PM
...Updates?>

90CelicaST
07-25-2006, 04:15 AM
Update since I know you are logged on.

91 celica st
07-25-2006, 11:24 PM
for sure updates, im thinkin about doing a silver or blacktop swap now that my turbo setup all went to shit

blackscarlet
08-07-2006, 06:13 AM
Hey Sorry there haven't been any updates. I couldn't start working on it right away when i got the wiring back (By the way great job by tweak) cause of more important matters. but i just put the tranny on and we mounted the engine tonight. so tomorrow i'll be hooking up the wiring and taking pix and hopefully it'll be done soon. Everything that we have done so far has gone pretty smoothly. All the mount fit perfect as i was told they would. A few ppl mentioned i'd have to shave down the passenger side one but if u take off the timing belt cove it fits right on (then put the cover back on.... Question: i had the blacktop manual saved on my computer but it crashed so if anyone knows where to find it i'd appreciate it. i've looked a little bit ...If anyone has any ques..... I appreciate your interest

Colossus20v
08-07-2006, 06:19 AM
I'll upload it tomorrow night for you.

blackscarlet
08-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Thanks alot that make things easier... so when will there be another meet near me, i'm in Philly

blackscarlet
08-07-2006, 06:36 AM
I saw that ur accelerator cable goes towards the passenger side. Do u know if anyone has tried to flip it around. I'm thinking about trying to make a mirror imaged bracket so it has a more diredt route...

Dr Tweak
08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
What cable are you using? He has a 5th gen so his fits, but yours will not. Use one from a Tercel or Paseo.

-Doc

Colossus20v
08-08-2006, 12:07 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/Colossus20v/4agemanual/

blackscarlet
08-09-2006, 05:54 PM
hey thanks for the manual....

I'm not sure how to put pix on so i'll have to wait till my friend comes over...I tried to put them on and it said they were all too large and i don't know how to change them so...

blackscarlet
08-10-2006, 06:38 PM
ok here a pic of the engine in.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/speedin89/DSCF3281.jpg

Colossus20v
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Looks good.

Im getting a new exhaust put on mine in these next few days.

TheNefariousOne
08-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Lemme be the first one to say this...

silvertop = t3h s3x!!!

TNO

blackscarlet
08-12-2006, 04:26 AM
Thanks Yea I'm going to get a custom exhaust as soon as it's running and everything else is done.

91 celica st
08-12-2006, 07:59 AM
is it just me or does the engine look like its slanting to the right a little....kinda like me.....

Colossus20v
08-12-2006, 03:02 PM
^Could just be the way the picture was taken.

Dr Tweak
08-12-2006, 09:34 PM
is it just me or does the engine look like its slanting to the right a little....kinda like me.....

It looks like the whole car is slanted to the right a little.

-Doc

91 celica st
08-12-2006, 10:07 PM
lol tweak i was kidding