PDA

View Full Version : Okay guys. I need.

ChrisD
12-17-2004, 07:42 PM
a 76-77 GT liftback. Western Canada. I want to 7MGTE one of these bad boys.

Keep an eye out if you could?

:D

carlosfandango
12-17-2004, 08:56 PM
lol at us chris, i'm watching this item for similar reasons. check out the condition and histry of this car ... fook..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18290&item=4512724705&rd=1

ChrisD
12-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow, very sweet. Although he could have benefitted from providing better pictures.

TRDmkII
12-18-2004, 12:26 AM
wow if i wasn't on the otherside of the ocean i would purchase that vehicle in a heartbeat...however, that fugly yellow might have to go.

74celicagt
12-18-2004, 10:28 PM
if reno, NV is close enough, there's one posted for sale on www.classic-celica.com

There are a lot in WA state too.

ChrisD
12-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Nevada is too far. I'm not willing to travel out of country just yet.

Dragoon
12-20-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm in sask. Gimme 5 gees and you got yourself a badboy 7m project :)

MisfiT
12-23-2004, 02:28 AM
I want to 7MGTE one of these bad boys.

Hmm make sure you get a metal head gasket and tighten the head bolts down HARD!!!! :D

Anyone done a 3SGTE conversion into one???

GT4SOM
12-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Wow that celica is awsome. Very clean. Too bad its in UK. :boo:

ChrisD
12-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Hmm make sure you get a metal head gasket and tighten the head bolts down HARD!!!! :D

Anyone done a 3SGTE conversion into one???

Yeah I would almost definitely toss in a MHG and ARP head studs on one. Seen way too many of those blow. I would actually prefer to do a 3SGTE swap (lighter, and can make more than enough power with it), however there aren't any bolt-on RWD transmission solutions out there short of buying a tranny from an altezza. With the 7m, I can get a tranny from a 2nd gen supra and save a lot of trouble.

5g's is too much. I'd actually much prefer a project car that I'd have to build from the ground up. Thanks though!

Classique71
12-26-2004, 03:33 AM
Chris - you need to get over to the australian toyotas forums

there are means and ways of geting the right bellhousings and such for a 3sgte RWD setup from a Sa63 celica- though it still needs craploads of work to get it all sorted

Another bet if you can import one which is ALOT more practical than a heavy arse 7mgte is the 1ggte - 6 Cylinder 2 litre turbo ..

Its a very common swap over here into our RA28's and ra23's

Anyway - forum is www.toymods.org.au - follow the link in the menu on the side for a wealth of first gen Info

RA22
01-02-2005, 02:58 AM
The 7m engine is apparently not very heavy at all, its aonly about a 50lbs difference from the 22R is what I heard.

The other thing you will need is a 5m bellhousing.

Classique71
01-05-2005, 07:24 AM
a 7m in an RA shell would be a lead tipped arrow - youd either have to uprate everything to make the thing turn - unless of course straight line speed/drag racing is your cup of tea

Ive seen a few 1jZ setups in RA's before - and going from what they did - quite a bit of front end work had to go on to make the thing steer - but in a straight line it was like strapping your arse to a rocket WYLIE Coyote Style.

the one in particular ive seen first hand used soarer parts - rack and pinion steering swap , and guage changes to fit in all the soaer loom as is - it was VERY impressive and took a HELL of a lot of work to get going . It also obviously had A diff upgrade to handle the power - and massive brakes to pull the bugger up again

Dragoon
01-06-2005, 07:56 PM
5g's is too much. I'd actually much prefer a project car that I'd have to build from the ground up. Thanks though!Lol, I was kidding, I dont really wanna sell my car, it's my current project. But I would sell it if someone gave me $5000. Any one?

Actually I kno of a good car for you. Its in Richmond BC and its going fast (will get towed to the junkyard if either me or you doesnt buy it).

Heres pics:
http://www.classic-celica.com/modules.php?set_albumName=liftback-restore-or-parts&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1

MisfiT
01-27-2005, 04:25 AM
Hmmm im not a huge fan of M series motors from personal experience, but hey, done right i guess i wood have no hesitation.
As for the RWD 3S u are talking about, are they the BEAMS from the Altezza?? Was keen on one of those until i heard the price of a half cut was close to 6g's? Is this correct?? As classique said the rwd conversion on a 3S is doable theres alot of fiddling tho, a 2S bell housing shood do the trick and bolt up to a celica oval case box (W55, 57 or 58).

Ive seen a few 1jZ setups in RA's before.. thats just insane, 206kw in a car that weighs 1030kg no thanks, i treasure my existence on this planet :p and i thort 1J-ing a MA61 woz a big enuff risk. I think there is one in Canberra if i'm not mistaken..