PDA

View Full Version : :FlipsTheBird:

inertiatic
12-16-2004, 11:51 PM
HI.

Off to buying and selling....

_Lucas

I like the site. Im glad you guys were able to salvage most of the information from over there. Werd. And congrats on this new.... board.

carlosfandango
12-17-2004, 12:36 AM
welcome over..

Playfortoday
12-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Eventhough you constantly insult me over on OTUG, you'll get over it some day. I have not said one negative thing about you here. You are welcome here whether you want to believe it or not. We have some killer members from yester-years, and on that we are going to end up with an awesome site. Enjoy. :arr:

inertiatic
12-17-2004, 01:17 AM
Eventhough you constantly insult me over on OTUG, you'll get over it some day. I have not said one negative thing about you here. You are welcome here whether you want to believe it or not. We have some killer members from yester-years, and on that we are going to end up with an awesome site. Enjoy. :arr:
Lets settle this now.
You have not said one negative thing about me publicly here.
You have however said negative things about me publicly/privately elsewhere, as i have said things about you. I have not said those things out of anger, i really felt those things and meant them when i said it. I know I am welcomed here, and thank you for replying, it lets me know that you hold no ill feelings against me. I think you did what you were told to do over there, but i think you took too many things personally or as personal attacks. I always caught flack for defending my friends, but thats what friends do, they stand up for each other. But i'm done with the BS over there and I see this as a new start for all of us. I like this site, i like the names i see here, and who the active members are. Im glad to see Clayton. Starting off with a clean slate looks good to me.. even though Keian has already managed to get himself Banned. :D
Thanks.

OH and let me be the first to say :givesafuc

bator
12-17-2004, 01:20 AM
Welcome, I guess!

Elektr0de
12-17-2004, 01:59 AM
welcome aboard

Playfortoday
12-17-2004, 04:41 AM
I have not said those things out of anger, i really felt those things and meant them when i said it.

I always caught flack for defending my friends, but thats what friends do, they stand up for each other.

even though Keian has already managed to get himself Banned. :D
Thanks.

1. If you think I am pissed because you think I ruined celica.net and that I didn't handle things right, you are wrong. You have the right to your opinion and so does everyone else; and I am cool with that. However, if you stand behind all the down right nasty fucking insults you have made about me over on OTUG, then you are not over it, and we are not cool. And you are right, I was enforcing guidelines that were not my own. And as for communicating the wrong way, I think that three warnings is plenty before someone is dealt with. If people that had a problem with the changes just chilled rather than constantly pushing us day in and day out, testing the utmost limit just to be funny, things would have been cool. Nobody was ever dealt with harshly on strike one. And moves were always discussed between all admins before actions occurred. I never just went on a one man mission. And it has been said time and time again, all of us fucked up by not adapting the way that we communicated with each other.

2. Defending your friends is one thing, but defending them being dumbasses is another. Saying that someone doesn't know any better is not an excuse. I stand behind my friends too, but I also am not afraid to let them know it when I see that they are being asses and to call them out on it.

3. And yes keian has already been banned. He was the first member ever banned from here. He should consider it an amazing accomplishment that he could fuck up and piss the wrong people off in only two posts before he was banned. And no, it wasn't me that did it. I didn't even know about it until two days after.

bator
12-17-2004, 05:17 AM
1. If you think I am pissed because you think I ruined celica.net and that I didn't handle things right, you are wrong. You have the right to your opinion and so does everyone else; and I am cool with that. However, if you stand behind all the down right nasty fucking insults you have made about me over on OTUG, then you are not over it, and we are not cool. And you are right, I was enforcing guidelines that were not my own. And as for communicating the wrong way, I think that three warnings is plenty before someone is dealt with. If people that had a problem with the changes just chilled rather than constantly pushing us day in and day out, testing the utmost limit just to be funny, things would have been cool. Nobody was ever dealt with harshly on strike one. And moves were always discussed between all admins before actions occurred. I never just went on a one man mission. And it has been said time and time again, all of us fucked up by not adapting the way that we communicated with each other.

2. Defending your friends is one thing, but defending them being dumbasses is another. Saying that someone doesn't know any better is not an excuse. I stand behind my friends too, but I also am not afraid to let them know it when I see that they are being asses and to call them out on it.

3. And yes keian has already been banned. He was the first member ever banned from here. He should consider it an amazing accomplishment that he could fuck up and piss the wrong people off in only two posts before he was banned. And no, it wasn't me that did it. I didn't even know about it until two days after.

Ban him. No point in having people that want to cause trouble here. send him over to otug

DrPaine
12-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Ban him. No point in having people that want to cause trouble here. send him over to otug

Not yet man, not yet. Just be patient.. He is expressing his opinion which he has a right to do. Him and play are working on it, so far sorta civilized. Lets see how things pan out in the next few posts.

inertiatic
12-17-2004, 10:19 AM

1. I agree that the level of communication over there was low, so low that even as a moderator over there, I felt that my opinion was shit upon. That the opinion of the normal member, didnt really mean anything. I dont blame that on you. I dont blame the failure of Celica.net on you. I have been a member of that site too long to know that you just have to go with the flow. I dont need to tell you what i said about you at c.net or at otug, you read it. It wasnt until I posted on OTUG that i was removed as a moderator of my forum on Celica.net. This is before the mass removal of all Mods and admins there. So if my comments were not deserved, that you werent pissed off at the people voicing thier opinions about you and you removed them from the board, then i retract what i said. But if it is deserved, then they stand. I have no beef Play, this is the internet, not real life. But i also have no time for bullshit and liars. I think you did your job, and you did what you had to. Ive devoted a lot of time promoting my forum, having meets and gathering members to a site i had no ties to other then it was a great community of celica/toyota enthusiasts, who could all meet online somewhere and BS. I hosted meets that people from all over CA came to, and people from Arizona and Nevada too. People from different boards too. Maybe its different where everyone else is, but car groups are mostly divided here, people only seem to get together to race or bicker. We feel like C.net fucked us.. but i think alot of us feel that way in one way or another. The 3 strikes your out rule.. i never had a problem with that. Its more then enough chances.

2. I never said i didnt call Keian/Maddocks/Mike D on what they were doing. Besides being my friends, they make me look bad as the forum leader because "i cant control my guys". But who am I to tell them to chill out, but some guy. AND I never said they didnt know better, They knew what they were doing, and you did what was right by the rules of the board. When you posted up asking if we were going to get rid of Infamous, my post was that i would stay out of it, if he broke the rules, then its his price to pay. BUT i think a lot of people got away with the same shit, but since he was on a shit list, he was scrutinized more.

3. I dont care that Keian is banned. I think its funny that after 2 posts he pissed you guys off enough that he was banned. Im not blaming anyone, but its funny. Again, the rules of the board... but i hope you hold everyone to that standard, then its just plain old being unfair. I dont think his intentions were to be a member here, i think his intentions were to just piss you all off.

Bator: What the hell could i have possibly done to even have you consider banning me? Im trying to make peace with this man. I didnt even come here to start shit, i came here to buy shit.

DR PAine: This is totally civilized by the way. Thanks for replying to my post over at c.net. The reason why i registered here, was because of you.

Colossus20v
12-17-2004, 01:40 PM
It is good for you two to get things out in the open. Like Dr Paine said as long it is cicilized then it is all good. It is fine for you to be here inertiatic as long as there is no hostility towards anyone here. We have a great member base here and a lot of technical people and a great community in general. So i think it is great if you want to continue with everyone here to make this site evern better. This place to me is very laid back. Nothing like celica.net and it is even better. Lets just keep going forward. Its all good.

bator
12-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Bator: What the hell could i have possibly done to even have you consider banning me? Im trying to make peace with this man. I didnt even come here to start shit, i came here to buy shit.

Sorry man, I get somewhat defensive of this place. c.net had alot of Drama and bad people that just wanted to cause trouble online. I just want this place to be peaceful+enjoyable and, since we're starting with a "clean slate" so to speak, I think ct.com should have a 0% tolerance policy for people that want to come here and fuck shit up.

Sean
12-17-2004, 06:00 PM
I say, WELCOME!!

inertiatic
12-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Sorry man, I get somewhat defensive of this place. c.net had alot of Drama and bad people that just wanted to cause trouble online. I just want this place to be peaceful+enjoyable and, since we're starting with a "clean slate" so to speak, I think ct.com should have a 0% tolerance policy for people that want to come here and fuck shit up.
I agree with you.

I have a love for the Celica. Its wierd. Ive owned 3 of them, and have always relied on what i found online , in the forums, to be helpful. Im not coming here to try and mess anything up. Im here to have a good time and contribute. If this seems like bs to you, or anyone, then ban me. At least then ill know the reason.

Playfortoday
12-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Inertiac,

Very well said. I think things can be cool between us. You never started shit at celica.net, and I commend you for that. I think you just stuck up for the wrong people, which lumped you into that category. Infamous was warned many times over there, and was even banned in the past. So, he was already on thin ice. So welcome, and let's see what happens with you and this site. Maybe there is a spot for you afterall. We can use someone to bring cali here and leave the drama behind. As stated, this board is laid back. We run it for ourselves, and aside for infamous, there has been no drama whatsoever, except for minor policy debates. You'd be surprised how much comradery is here. I am a laid back guy, and only turn into an ass when I am pushed past my limit. The rules were not up for discussion, so if anyone feels ignored, disrespected, or shat upon, there was nothing I could do about it. It was not up for debate. It this place, things are always open for discussion.

Luni
12-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Yeah Inertiac, I think me and you were cool at c.net and we are cool here, Im glad youre here. But Infamous was told by me to not be promoting anything at otug here in my regional forums cause theirs is "better". He proceeded to tell me why he was doing it and that sort of matter is non negotiable.

When me and my friends front the cost for a site, maintain it and its all my responsibility, Im not putting up with that shit here.

inertiatic
12-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Word and Word. I mind my own business, for the most part. Ill keep the same M.O. here.
Thanks.

85gtsblackman
12-18-2004, 12:26 AM
lets ban bator as well for messing up on sales

fiveSFE
12-18-2004, 01:28 AM
:givesafuc, why cant we all be friends

Mister2T
12-12-2005, 02:38 PM
well he didnt stay long.;

Playfortoday
12-12-2005, 03:35 PM