PDA

View Full Version : Viper PWN4GE!

oneof81
08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
I just thought I would post this to see how many people would call bullshit on it. So here goes. Last week I took the Trac out for a cruise. I wanted to get to another part of town quicker so I headed for the interstate. Got to the ramp just as a Viper was turning on. I got right behind him and, of course, he saw me. He goosed it coming down the ramp and I goosed it back so he knew what was going on. He left the ramp going about 65 and waited for me to pull up next to him on his left. I did, but I was in 3rd gear and full boost. I just know he was thinking "I'll wait until he's right next to me and I'll just blow this little black car into the weeds." That didn't happen! When he gunned it I was right beside him at full boost and I pulled him about 4 car lengths up to about 130 when we had to slow down because we were running up traffic's ass. I know he wasn't a happy camper. I got off on the next exit and he just kept going. I would have liked to see which version it was and if it was modded or not. It was TOO much fun! I've blown away two of last year's Z06's........but this is the first Viper to add to my collection! I love my car!

Snafu
08-31-2005, 09:08 PM
I was going to call BS when I saw the thread title... then I realized who posted it ;)

Nice job man, way to kick his ass!

Did it appear to be a stock viper?

oneof81
08-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Couldn't really tell.........couldn't tell what year it was. It could have been an early model that only had 450. I was really hoping he would get off so we could talk, but.........oh well. The guy was in his 60's, I would say. Some of the Viper owners have attitudes you know. Perhaps he was one of those, or perhaps he just needed to be somewhere else. Who knows. But anyway, with all the tuner cars, the new Z06, the Ford GT, etc.. they better get used to NOT having the fastest car on the road anymore.

fiveSFE
08-31-2005, 09:32 PM
good kill :bigthumbu

Sean
09-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Convertible, non-converible? Side Exhaust? Color?

Sounds like fun to me :)

Time to go lambo hunting :wiggle:

GT4SOM
09-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Ha nice kill! I want footage! Not that I don't believe you but it would just be so hot repping celicas killing vipers. Have you taken your car to the track yet?

Toyota_Todd
09-01-2005, 03:23 AM
Nice to hear its running so well Bill. :bowdown: Keep up the good work on the car and keep us posted of your escapades. I am sure that is one snake that went home with its tail between its legs (well if snakes had legs). :hehe:

ps. almost forgot to thank you for the daily emails of funny, ornery stuff! :cool:

AllOutRed90
09-01-2005, 03:32 AM
wow, so a built alltrac can kill a viper? wow....

oneof81
09-01-2005, 01:54 PM
wow, so a built alltrac can kill a viper? wow....

LOL! That's small fish. I have, probably, the second quickest All-Trac in the states. But I'm so far back from number one it isn't funny! Patrick Chinshue runs mid to low 10's so he eats bikes! Now THAT'S FAST!! I have to get mine out to the track before the snow blows. Should be in the 11's. That's the difference between 400+ whp and 600+ whp!

Luni
09-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I would normally call BS but not with you man. Good stuff.

Sean
09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I would normally call BS but not with you man. Good stuff.

:hehe: I tried that once, oh, those were the days! :laugh:

MoralWarfare
09-01-2005, 06:07 PM
:hehe: I tried that once, oh, those were the days! :laugh:
:laugh:

nice kill Bill, very nice :)

Sean
09-04-2005, 09:34 AM
As official drunken moderator of the evening.

I hearby claim this day.....

Bill Price One of 81 day!

here here! here here! here here!

partyball
09-18-2005, 10:51 PM
thats crazy...way to go

Ricksta
09-20-2005, 11:27 PM
how much did u spend making ur car into what it is today?

oneof81
09-21-2005, 08:21 PM
how much did u spend making ur car into what it is today?

A lot! I would have to sit down and think about that for a while. Obviously more than the car is worth. Way more than the $12K I am asking for it right now!

Ricksta
09-22-2005, 12:18 AM
wut kind of set up do u have?!?!? im going to do a swap soon and id like to kno wut id need ta do ta be alteast close to u :)

3sgte@daspeedof
09-22-2005, 06:20 PM
buy, his alltrac

oneof81
09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
buy, his alltrac

That would be one way, but it is already sold.

http://home.covad.net/~billprice/Cars/index.html

1.) Engine has been built to withstand 650+ hp at the crank all day long. I think the engine needs to be "built" if you will be eventually shooting for more than 300, if you want it to last, that is. You don't need to build it to the extent I did, unless you want the insurance and think that you might want that much at some time in the future. Might as well do it once now, instead of two or more times later.

2.) Choose your standalone ECU wisely and get a well known tuner. I cannot emphasize the good tuner thing enough! The last thing you want is one of your pistons exiting stage left with extreme prejudice!

3.) My personal thoughts on camshafts is that you will not find substantial gains by going to 272 degree over 264.

4.) Substantial hp gains can be made with good custom headwork.

5.) What turbo? Consider well what your goals are! Do you want a good street driven machine? Or do you want a drag strip brawler? If I had it to do all over again, I probably would have stopped with the GT25 turbo instead of going with the GT30. I only gained about 50-75 wheel horsepower with the new turbo, but the lag is much more substantial. The GT25 was on full boost before 3,000 rpm! The GT30 isn't at full boost until after 4,000. Of course, the GT25 didn't make the hp to walk away from a Viper! But it would have been close on a Viper's heels.

6.) What kind of driver are you? Are you the kind of guy that has to feel full boost every once in a while if you can't get to the strip enough times? If so, and I am one of those guys, I highly recommend ugrading your brakes. No sense being able to accelerate at a high rate of speed unless you can decelerate at a high rate of speed without the aid of a tree or another car!

I think those are the basics. Did I miss something? Or were you looking for different information?

alltracman78
09-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Damn Bill, why did you sell it?
And 12g is a hell of a deal.
I'm kinda glad I didn't know about it before hand......

oneof81
09-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Damn Bill, why did you sell it?

Not enough days in my week to enjoy the car. All my time is taken up with selling two houses, building one new one, settling an estate, working and playing golf.

And 12g is a hell of a deal.

You know, I should have probably asked for more....around 15K........but I'm selling it to a friend who will take care of her. I hope he can get used the power. Nothing worse than selling a high powered vehicle to someone that is not used to that. They can kill the car and themselves real quick. You need to have a healthy respect for this kind of power or you can find yourself in trouble before you can spell it. That's the main reason I upgraded the brakes!

I'm kinda glad I didn't know about it before hand......

I know what you mean........if you are looking for this kind of car, they don't come around very often and then you are falling all over yourself trying to make it happen. Timing is everything.

fiveSFE
09-30-2005, 03:36 AM
What kind of intercooler did you have on it? what is the core size of that thing?

91CelicaGT13
09-30-2005, 04:19 AM
12"x34-1/2"x2-3/4" from his website