PDA

View Full Version : 3SGTE Swap into '97 Celica ST

Dr Tweak
08-28-2005, 08:24 AM
http://www.northeasterntuners.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2955

There's the diary of the complete swap, beginning to end. :cool:

Keoni
08-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Awesome man! It really makes me want to clock my CT26 and redo my piping AGAIN. I like the piping too, is that stainless? Which transmission did you use?

Dr Tweak
08-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Awesome man! It really makes me want to clock my CT26 and redo my piping AGAIN. I like the piping too, is that stainless? Which transmission did you use?

Polished aluminum. We used the S54.

Lagos
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
great job tweak. only thing i would change is the cool pipe to go straight down and to the left ...but thats just me being picky. how you like the car so far, did you get on it at all?

Snafu
08-30-2005, 03:43 AM
Dang man, you make me want to do a 3s swap in my car ;) Good job on everything. I still may need to talk to you about a 4age 20v head swap this winter.

mon3y19
08-30-2005, 02:45 PM
hey dr tweak...when you bought your engine, was it complete?...if i just bought the motor and the tranny could i just use my power steering bottle and the stuff from my 5sfe or do i need the jdm stuff?....thanks

steve0178
08-30-2005, 09:17 PM
beautiful beautiful beautiful....nice work man :)

Dr Tweak
09-04-2005, 05:54 AM
great job tweak. only thing i would change is the cool pipe to go straight down and to the left ...but thats just me being picky. how you like the car so far, did you get on it at all?

Ah yeah I see what you're saying. The kit that the owner bought for the piping had only 90* bends so I was limited in what I could do, but I like how you have your cool pipe set up... I'll remember that one.

I didn't really get on it, breaking in a new clutch :)

hey dr tweak...when you bought your engine, was it complete?...if i just bought the motor and the tranny could i just use my power steering bottle and the stuff from my 5sfe or do i need the jdm stuff?....thanks

Yes it was complete. You should be able to, we started with and ST (7AFE) so we needed all of that.

:cool: