PDA

View Full Version : bilding your own body kitt???

T-VIS
12-16-2004, 01:02 PM
well i'm a 4th gen owner and basicly the aftermarket has been dead for us for a while. and looking for aftermarket acsessorys has basicly become a bitch to find anything and if we do find anything its eather over sea's and will cost more than the cars worth to have perchiced and shiped...to get to my point of this thred...iam thinking about makeing my own body kitt for my celica ive been pondering about this for days, and i havent come up with a good way of doing it :confused: , i was wondering if anyone has a good sugestion on how to bild one and keep the price farly reasionable. any sugestions?
{edit} sorry about spelling its 5am and iam tired lol

Hooligan
12-16-2004, 04:08 PM
I remember seeing one made by attaching large blocks of foam to the car, shaping them, and then using them to make molds that the kit would be made from.

Not easy, cheap, or quick. Getting another kit from another car to fit is probably a better route.

Colossus20v
12-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Coomer over on 6gc i think was building a lip kit for his 4th gen. I am not quite sure exactly how his is turnign out but might be worth the effort to look into it.

Adrian Avgerinos
12-16-2004, 06:45 PM
well i'm a 4th gen owner and basicly the aftermarket has been dead for us for a while. and looking for aftermarket acsessorys has basicly become a bitch to find anything and if we do find anything its eather over sea's and will cost more than the cars worth to have perchiced and shipped...to get to my point of this thred... iam thinking aboutmaking my own body kitt for my celica ive been pondering about this for days, and i havent come up with a good way of doing it :confused: , i was wondering if anyone has a good sugestion on how to bild one and keep the price farly reasionable. any sugestions?
{edit} sorry about spelling its 5am and iam tired lol

Mr. VIS -

What's particularly humorous about your post is the fact that you edited the post for spelling purposes. :D

Quick suggestion: Next time copy your post to MS Word and have it do a quick spell check for ya. It's easier than re-reading your own post at 5AM.

As far as making your own body kit, you will need to make a negative mold first, usually made out of closed cell foam, and lay your fiberglass to that.

The other option, though not lighter, but definetly easier, is to mount the foam to the car and shave it down. See here:

http://www.6park.com/enter7/messages/gvk21098.html

AllOutRed90
12-17-2004, 02:39 AM
wow that looks like a real ferarri

emicen
12-17-2004, 03:10 AM
I would suggest finding a kit you like for another car and modding it to fit. Its far easier than your own kit from scratch.

T-VIS
12-18-2004, 06:55 AM
ad rather spend my time makeing something origanal then some body kit i bought off some ricer honda, i dont care about time its just something i wanna learn how to do and maybe one day it can be verry usefull ....makeing money wize for people with older cars with a sad looking aftermarket ....btw that body kitt on that nsx is badass damn thing looks real

Ervin_S
12-31-2004, 08:11 AM
Yeah VIS. I know what you mean. But here's what I don't get. Companies are making bodykits for the 80's Corolla's, Supra's, Prelude's, CRX's and so on but there's not a SINGLE bodykit for the 4th Gen Celica. I asked andysautosport.com if they are going to get an kit for the celica and they did. They got the Kaminari kit which (if you ask me) looks worse than the stock kit and costs over $700.
The only way I can see my Celica with an bodykit is by making photoshop images. I bet that if a company was to make an kit for the 4th gen celica they would make some big money. The 4th gen Celica would look sweet with an kit.
Maybe someday.......

Go to http://www.cardomain.com/id/ervin001 and check out the photoshop image I made of how the 4th Gen Celica COULD look like with an kit and let me know what you think.

Soreballz
01-05-2005, 12:14 PM
There's a bunch of kits for the 4th gen. Most just aren't made anymore. The Aeroform kit is still made though. It looks pretty good.